Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W213)
I work for a Mercedes Dealer in Finance >

I work for a Mercedes Dealer in Finance

Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

I work for a Mercedes Dealer in Finance

 
Old 06-19-2017, 08:44 PM
  #101  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2017 E 300 Sedan
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance View Post
If anyone ever has any questions I am here to help answer them. I am not here to sell you anything, in fact I wont sell anything on here. But if you have any Mercedes Benz finance related questions I am here to help.

-Mercedes Finance Guy

PS... I just took delivery of my first Mercedes Benz! =) I am very happy!


Have to say, Thank you MF for taking the time to educate a lot of us or answer any questions.

And kudos to you sir for admitting when your wrong rather than going MIA
ahah
Werner Santos is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 PM
  #102  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dbtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA / Middlebury, CT
Posts: 1,054
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
600 SWB
Finally...

MF,

I finally picked up a 2017 E300 4Matic -- $380 per month. I was able to transfer my (81 year old) mom's C450 AMG lease, which was way too sporty for her, and secure a 2017 E300 4Matic instead. It's a fairly basic W213 with P1, heated steering wheel, Burmester, rear spoiler, and designo Black Flowing Lines wood--$62,075, including 2 year pre-paid maintenance it came to $62,925. I put $643 in CCR and $4500 in refundable security deposits for 36 months and 7500 miles per year.

Monthly rent comes to $379.96 after CT taxes of 7.75% ($352.63 base monthly rent). It was a previous courtesy loaner car at my long-time local MB dealer, where they discounted it by 20.5% for me.

Below is the Monroney and Section 5 of the Rental agreement.

I'll get pics of the actual car once window tinting, Himalaya star center caps and other add ons are completed.
Attached Thumbnails I work for a Mercedes Dealer in Finance-fullsizerender-1-.jpg   I work for a Mercedes Dealer in Finance-fullsizerender-2-.jpg  
dbtk is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:10 PM
  #103  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 278
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500. Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2
Originally Posted by dbtk View Post
MF,

I finally picked up a 2017 E300 4Matic -- $380 per month. I was able to transfer my (81 year old) mom's C450 AMG lease, which was way too sporty for her, and secure a 2017 E300 4Matic instead. It's a fairly basic W213 with P1, heated steering wheel, Burmester, rear spoiler, and designo Black Flowing Lines wood--$62,075, including 2 year pre-paid maintenance it came to $62,925. I put $643 in CCR and $4500 in refundable security deposits for 36 months and 7500 miles per year.

Monthly rent comes to $379.96 after CT taxes of 7.75% ($352.63 base monthly rent). It was a previous courtesy loaner car at my long-time local MB dealer, where they discounted it by 20.5% for me.

Below is the Monroney and Section 5 of the Rental agreement.

I'll get pics of the actual car once window tinting, Himalaya star center caps and other add ons are completed.

Congrats on the car, how many miles does it have?
Mbracer26 is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 09:44 PM
  #104  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dbtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA / Middlebury, CT
Posts: 1,054
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
600 SWB
Mbracer26, thanks. It had 5926 miles on the odometer. I guess that's one of the motivators for my SA to work on the deal.
dbtk is offline  
Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 AM
  #105  
Newbie
 
steve sl550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 sl550
One Pay Lease vs Monthly

Mbracer 26

Please advise what $ advantage I can expect doing a One Pay 3yr lease vs Monthly Payment Lease.

THANKS
steve sl550 is offline  
Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 PM
  #106  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 38
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
2017 E-300 Sport
I leased a new E300 rather "maxed out" back in January and am loving it more than I expected (after 6 BMWs)... so much so... that if I had it to do over again I'd spring for an E43. From your experience, if someone like me ordered an '18 E43 would MB let him give back his existing E300 on lease? If it took 3 months to get the E43- I'd be returning a 9 month old car.

I expect the answer is "you have a nice car enjoy it and do something 2 1/2 years from now"... which is fine. But just curious if you have any insight. Thanks in advance...

Last edited by jsclarke; 06-24-2017 at 04:54 PM.
jsclarke is offline  
Old 06-24-2017, 06:42 PM
  #107  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dbtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA / Middlebury, CT
Posts: 1,054
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
600 SWB
Originally Posted by jsclarke View Post
I leased a new E300 rather "maxed out" back in January and am loving it more than I expected (after 6 BMWs)... so much so... that if I had it to do over again I'd spring for an E43. From your experience, if someone like me ordered an '18 E43 would MB let him give back his existing E300 on lease? If it took 3 months to get the E43- I'd be returning a 9 month old car.

I expect the answer is "you have a nice car enjoy it and do something 2 1/2 years from now"... which is fine. But just curious if you have any insight. Thanks in advance...
jsclarke, you can go to MBFS.com and check your account for the buyout amount for your car. I suspect, however, that it will be more than the car is worth on the open market. That said, I can list in on one of the lease trading platforms like LeaseTrader.com or SwapALease.com. I was able to transfer my C450 AMG lease after 1 year without losing all but the the acquisition, title and doc fees. I even got my full $5000 in MSDs back.
dbtk is offline  
Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 AM
  #108  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2017 C Cabriolet
What is the money factor, along with residual for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2018 E400 4matic coupe? I see that MBUSA is now showing the lease specials for the 2018 E400 on the MBUSA web page.

Also, do you have any info on when the E400 will start arriving at dealers? My E400 has been sitting at port since May, waiting to be released for sale.

Thanks!
BeoBenz is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 08:55 AM
  #109  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by jsclarke View Post
I leased a new E300 rather "maxed out" back in January and am loving it more than I expected (after 6 BMWs)... so much so... that if I had it to do over again I'd spring for an E43. From your experience, if someone like me ordered an '18 E43 would MB let him give back his existing E300 on lease? If it took 3 months to get the E43- I'd be returning a 9 month old car.

I expect the answer is "you have a nice car enjoy it and do something 2 1/2 years from now"... which is fine. But just curious if you have any insight. Thanks in advance...
I would like to know the answer to this too. Is it possible, Mr. Mercedesfinance? Would there be any penalties?
SirJulian is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
  #110  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Streamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 2,568
Thanked 325 Times in 246 Posts
2016 E350 Sedan, 2018 S560 Sedan, On order: 2019 SL450
Originally Posted by jsclarke View Post
I leased a new E300 rather "maxed out" back in January and am loving it more than I expected (after 6 BMWs)... so much so... that if I had it to do over again I'd spring for an E43. From your experience, if someone like me ordered an '18 E43 would MB let him give back his existing E300 on lease? If it took 3 months to get the E43- I'd be returning a 9 month old car.

I expect the answer is "you have a nice car enjoy it and do something 2 1/2 years from now"... which is fine. But just curious if you have any insight. Thanks in advance...
I believe MB Financial would say something like "Of course, we'll be happy to let you trade in your E300 on a new E43. Just pay off the balance of the lease and drop it off at the dealer when you pick up your new car. Have a nice day, your friends at MB Financial."
Streamliner is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 11:08 AM
  #111  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,436
Thanked 60 Times in 50 Posts
....19 CLS53, 18 E43
Originally Posted by Streamliner View Post
I believe MB Financial would say something like "Of course, we'll be happy to let you trade in your E300 on a new E43. Just pay off the balance of the lease and drop it off at the dealer when you pick up your new car. Have a nice day, your friends at MB Financial."
Surprising that people think MB will take a loss to sell a car. The norm when returning a lease car early is just like a trade you own. The car is appraised and you pay the difference between the appraisal and the pay out on the lease.
petee1997 is online now  
Old 07-14-2017, 01:29 PM
  #112  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 3,293
Thanked 345 Times in 308 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by petee1997 View Post
Surprising that people think MB will take a loss to sell a car. The norm when returning a lease car early is just like a trade you own. The car is appraised and you pay the difference between the appraisal and the pay out on the lease.
I think they used to allow you to trade it in 6 months in advance toward a new lease. Not sure if they still do that.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 01:57 PM
  #113  
Junior Member
 
ericwudi0830's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2014 C-Class
Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance View Post
Hi there. Also a fabulous question! Thank you for asking it.

So I am going to work backwards on this one. MBFS (Mercedes-Benz Financial Services) uses Trans Union reports to determine credit acceptance. However other banks will use the other bureaus. So keep them all clean!

When a lender looks at someones credit for approval. They look at a many factors but I can keep it simple.
1. ADVANCE
2. DEBT LOAD
3. HISTORY
4. YOU (Ability to pay)
Almost in that order.
1) How much are you trying to borrow relative to the collateral. The more cash down or equity that you have in your new deal will greatly determine the risk level of the loan. i.e. if you are putting down 50% on your deal then if you fail to pay, the bank will win because of the equity position you have put them in. ON the other side, if you have a trade in that you are upside down in and are trying to finance 140% of the value of the car (invoice) then the bank will consider you to be far higher of a risk. Make sense?

2) Your own Debt load. Your "score" is mostly derived from your credit that you have available. If you are using more than 50% of your credit cards you are seen as a huge risk to the lenders. If your total outgoing payments are higher than 60% of your income then you are a huge risk to the lender. They will increase the rate to compensate.

3)History is very important. This is one thing that young people struggle most with. When it comes to an auto loan/lease the bank does not want to see anyone go from a Honda Civic loan to a Mercedes GT loan. In your case going from a FIAT to a P3 heads up 3d sound W213 E300 for 74000.00 might be a hard sale for the finance manager to make to MBFS. But, that being said.... I have done it. But it was usually done due to a provable job income increase or validation of liquidity of someones accounts. Cash down etc. Anything I could do to lower the risk in the banks eyes.

4) You... yep it all boils down to you. Your job, job type, who you are, if you are nice (Believe it or not this plays a huge part. I know personally that I have worked VERY VERY HARD for nice people. I will also admit that I have spent as little time as possible for ones that are totally rude or demanding) So be NICE!!! When you fill out your app, do it carefully. Take your time WRITE NEATLY. BE HONEST! Remember the finance guy needs to paint a good picture of you to the lender. ASK TO SPEAK WITH HIM/HER PRIOR TO SUBMITTAL. Make sure you tell them about how long you have been doing what you are doing, even if it is with different companies. Be honest and thorough with anything that is bad. Trust me with MBFS a story will go a long way.

Which leads me to the last part.... MBFS... They are one of the most amazing captive lenders I have ever EVER WORKED WITH in 22 years of doing this they are the first bank that ABSOLUTELY does NOT use the credit score to determine the tier. They truly want to support the dealers and help them to get the approvals they need to sell cars. So that being said, the fact that you are trying to do the right thing will go a long way.
MBFS will want to see that you can pay for the new car. They will want to see that the payment does not exceed 12-15% of your monthly income. They will want to see that they have some equity in the deal. They will want to see that you have not been pursuing large amount of credit prior to getting your new car.

Here are my suggestions to increase your odds of approval.
Cash down
Mitigate any negative equity from your trade
LEASE LEASE LEASE (MBFS will almost always give higher tiers on leases)
Keep your nose clean... =) NO LATE PAYMENTS
keep it real.... DONT GO LOOKING TO PURCHASE AN E43 IF YOUR LAST CAR WAS A FIAT. =) If you are going to go E class then keep it around 50K or PUT UP THE CASH TO KEEP THE AMOUNT FINANCED/Total Adjusted Cap cost AROUND 50K.

Good luck!!!! I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions send me a message and I can give you my cell phone number to discuss!
MB Finance Guy!
This was a very informative read. Thanks for sharing!
ericwudi0830 is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:28 PM
  #114  
Member
 
dukester34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 176
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
none yet
Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance View Post
If anyone ever has any questions I am here to help answer them. I am not here to sell you anything, in fact I wont sell anything on here. But if you have any Mercedes Benz finance related questions I am here to help.

-Mercedes Finance Guy

PS... I just took delivery of my first Mercedes Benz! =) I am very happy!

please ask at work tomorrow , why I cant build a 2018 E on your website? I mean I can build a 17 but you cant order it anymore so why?
dukester34 is offline  
Old 07-18-2017, 01:06 AM
  #115  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
GL63
Help

Can you help me through a deal over the phone if I call you at your dealership on a day your working? I have some specific details I would rather not publicly post. If not I can PM you. Let me know. Pm me details as well if you prefer. Thanks!
tony_f8 is offline  
Old 07-19-2017, 02:56 PM
  #116  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes c300
Better to pay acquisition fee & prepaid maintenance at lease signing?

Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance View Post
If anyone ever has any questions I am here to help answer them. I am not here to sell you anything, in fact I wont sell anything on here. But if you have any Mercedes Benz finance related questions I am here to help.

-Mercedes Finance Guy

PS... I just took delivery of my first Mercedes Benz! =) I am very happy!

Is it better to pay acquisition fee and prepaid maintenance fee upfront at lease signing or to add them to adjusted cap cost and capitalize the expense?

if better to capitalize then why?

thank-you
rjnlc is offline  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:14 PM
  #117  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dbtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA / Middlebury, CT
Posts: 1,054
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
600 SWB
Originally Posted by rjnlc View Post
Is it better to pay acquisition fee and prepaid maintenance fee upfront at lease signing or to add them to adjusted cap cost and capitalize the expense?

if better to capitalize then why?

thank-you
I believe it's best to pay it upfront versus paying interest on it. But it depends on how low your Money Factor is.
dbtk is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 01:27 PM
  #118  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GLC Coupe
Trying to get European Delivery scheduled ASAP for my GLC 343

I am working with a tight timeline to try and get my GLC ordered so I can pick it up during an upcoming trip to Deutschland. One of the dealers I'm talking to is asking for a $1000 deposit to request info from the ED people at MB. Is this legit?

I talked to another dealer and he said that since I'll get 7% off MSRP because of ED, there's no wiggle room on price after that. He made it sound like because it is ED, the discounting is standard across all of MB. Surely there must be some negotiating room, right?

One other question. What should I come prepared with to negotiate the lease? Is it worth putting money down?

I wish there were a nonpartisan checklist to go into lease negotiations with MB so we can be on as equal terms as possible...
bayrischertyp is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 01:31 PM
  #119  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 3,293
Thanked 345 Times in 308 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Check some of the other threads in the European delivery forum. I believe in the past discounts have ranged from 9-11%, but I think that depends on the model and the time of year. I think there's one guy that gets mentioned a lot and lots of people go through him even though he's nowhere close to their location. So it's hard to say if it's that dealer that doesn't want to discount anything or if it's a hot model and there's no discounts.
cetialpha5 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cetialpha5 For This Useful Post:
bayrischertyp (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 03:27 PM
  #120  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 55
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
Originally Posted by bayrischertyp View Post
I am working with a tight timeline to try and get my GLC ordered so I can pick it up during an upcoming trip to Deutschland. One of the dealers I'm talking to is asking for a $1000 deposit to request info from the ED people at MB. Is this legit?

I talked to another dealer and he said that since I'll get 7% off MSRP because of ED, there's no wiggle room on price after that. He made it sound like because it is ED, the discounting is standard across all of MB. Surely there must be some negotiating room, right?

One other question. What should I come prepared with to negotiate the lease? Is it worth putting money down?

I wish there were a nonpartisan checklist to go into lease negotiations with MB so we can be on as equal terms as possible...
I suggest you talk to Herbert Haemmer at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido, who knows more about European delivery than anyone else I've found. He gave us a fair price on the E400 wagon we recently purchased, which was more attractive than the 7% ED discount.
Forty9 is offline  
Old 08-05-2017, 07:06 AM
  #121  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
VW GTI
To Mercedesfinance...

What are the best rates MB Financial is currently offered on CPO C Class vehicles? I'm looking into financing the purchase of a pre-owned '15-'17 C63(S) sedan that was either used for as a demo or service loaner in the next month or so...

Thanks!
poops is offline  
Old 08-05-2017, 04:06 PM
  #122  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: US
Posts: 456
Thanked 77 Times in 59 Posts
2018 E400W4
Originally Posted by poops View Post
To Mercedesfinance...

What are the best rates MB Financial is currently offered on CPO C Class vehicles? I'm looking into financing the purchase of a pre-owned '15-'17 C63(S) sedan that was either used for as a demo or service loaner in the next month or so...

Thanks!
My advice is to get one this month. Here is the program:


2.99% up to 72 months for 14/15/16 C-class

2 years of free service ( for an AMG is a huge savings)

2 months payments by MB up to $850
Wassaby is offline  
Old 08-05-2017, 04:32 PM
  #123  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
VW GTI
Originally Posted by Wassaby View Post
My advice is to get one this month. Here is the program:


2.99% up to 72 months for 14/15/16 C-class

2 years of free service ( for an AMG is a huge savings)

2 months payments by MB up to $850
Thanks for the info...

Regarding the 2 mos. pmts by MB, is that up to $850 per month for 2 months for a total cap of $1,700 or 2 months of pmts for a combined total of and cap of $850?
poops is offline  
Old 08-06-2017, 02:20 PM
  #124  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 59
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
W213 E CLASS
Total cap..... hi everyone! Sorry I have been missing!
Mercedesfinance is offline  
Old 08-07-2017, 03:16 PM
  #125  
Member
 
advocado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 108
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
2014 E550 cabriolet and 2017 CLS 550
Extended Warranty?

Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance View Post
Total cap..... hi everyone! Sorry I have been missing!
Welcome back. I have a 2014 E550 Cab with 29k miles. Not a lease. The 4 year/50k miles warranty will be up in in a few months and I want to get the 3 year, 75k miles extended limited warranty. I understand the price for the Mercedes warranty can vary widely. Can you provide an estimate for me (I assume I'm not required to go back to the dealer I purchased the car from). Thank you.
advocado is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: