E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

MB Australia problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 E350d
MB Australia problem

In September 2016 I bought a new W213 E350d just after they were released here in Australia.
From the day I picked it up there was a strange noise (intermittent) when driving at speed. (over 80km/h)
Over time I became more and more concerned as it seemed to be coming from within the dash and sounded to me like something metallic vibrating.
My concern was that with the semi-autonomous driving and all the electronics and wiring in the dash something could seriously go wrong with unknown results.
After about a month the car also started coming up with a sensor warning and a message stating that the safety systems had been disabled.
This was just after I had gotten the car back after having it looked at.
This really concerned me and I again contacted the dealer (3rd time), explained about the warning message and provided a recording of the noise.
I was told that they were busy and that if I booked the car in they could look at it in about a month, I found this to be very poor customer relations.
For a month the car was parked in my driveway and didn't move, when they eventually looked at it they had it for 2 days and when they gave it back I was told "Don't come back again".
Within 20 minutes the initial noise occurred and then shortly after the message about the safety systems being disabled.
After this I demanded contact with the main dealer's service manager (I bought the car from a satellite branch).
I was eventually contacted (after nearly a week and a lot of phone calls) and arranged for a meeting.
I had a meeting with the service manager, explained the whole situation, was told that the problem would be fixed and I would be contacted the next day to make arrangements.
After almost a week I initiated contact with the service manager because I had not been contacted.
By this time, regardless of whether the car was fixed, any confidence in Mercedes-Benz was gone and it would certainly be impossible for me to go back to my local dealer.
The main dealer offered to buy the car back at a significant loss to me which I took.
I had the car for a total of 2 months, I was so concerned that for the last month the car didn't move from my driveway while I was waiting for it to be looked at.

This was an extremely disappointing and costly experience and I did not expect such a company to treat me so poorly and with such contempt.
I was so disgusted by the way I was treated that I sent a long detailed letter to MB Australia. (They never replied)
I even sent a summary email to MB Germany and apart from the automated "we'll get back to you" heard nothing.
The Mercedes Benz slogan is "The best or nothing", I now have nothing.
I will NEVER buy another Mercedes Benz nor will I allow any of my family or friends to do so.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W213 forum...
first year models will have hiccups no matter what...
that said, dealer/MB Australia should've taken care of it...
Old 06-21-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 W213
g'day there RossF,
After reading your report about the way MB Australia and the dealership treated you i had to read it twice as i could not believe it the first time
how this could happen to anyone buying a new Benz in Australia
i have come to the conclusion that the F in your name is for FAKE and you are full of BS.
There are to many things in your story that just would not happen in Australia buying a car from MB like

(1)that they were busy and that if you booked the car in they could look at it in about a month.

(2)when they gave it back I was told "Don't come back again".

(3)The main dealer offered to buy the car back. now that is BS in Australia we do not have the lemon laws that are in the U.S.
and NO Benz dealership in Australia would buy the car back they would fix it that's it full stop.

You say you had the car for total of 2 months but now after 8 months you come on MBworld and still say Drives: W213 E350d with a Join Date: Jun 2017

No MB dealership in Australia would do stuff you have put in your report please name the dealership or satellite branch and state you are in. I have had 6 Mercedes Benz over the years and i can tell you the way you are treated by Benz in Australia is always 1st class i can also say this as i have had about 25 other cars that i purchased from other dealership not MB and none were better than Mercedes Benz. If any of this is true show us the pics of the report that MB always give you when you pick your car up. that's your 2016 W213 E350d.....And if this is true i will be happy to buy you lunch any were you want to go as you should get some good come out of this....

Last edited by grange3; 06-22-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 E350d
Nope, not fake. I wish it was.
When I said buy it back I meant as a second hand car which is why I said it was costly.
By the time that happened I had lost any confidence in MB so I considered that the best option.
Only put the drives option in because I had to put something.
Melbourne Airport Express/Melbourne City.

Pic of the VIN, Transfer doc and one of the other things that happened suddenly after a few weeks.
Apparently they forgot to apply permaguard to the leather when I bought it.
Attached Thumbnails MB Australia problem-vin.jpg   MB Australia problem-vechicletransfer.jpg   MB Australia problem-car_dash_fade.jpg  
Old 06-23-2017, 07:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 W213
g'day again RossF,
All i can say about your story of how the Benz dealership and MB Australia treated you was the worst i have ever heard it looks to me when all this was going on you did not push back hard enough to get what you deserved as a costumer of Benz Australia and a new car buyer.
I can understand how upset you would have been if it was me i also would have been upset but i do not give up trying to get what i want not after only 2 months.
I can only go by how i was treated over the years and i can say that it has been one of the best car brands i have had business with even when buying my last car the E W213 i was given a new C 200 for almost 3 months till my new car was ready for hand over for free and any time i go into the dealership i am always look after nothing is to much trouble to make sure i am happy and that's how you should have been treated also,when i buy a car i not only get to know the car but the people there like sales and service so if any thing may come up i ask for there advice when i go in or even over the phone and it always works out O.K.
To bad you are in Vic and not here in the wild West i think you would have been much better treated. What every car you end up with i wish you happy trouble free driving and the next time i am in Vic I'll still be happy to take you to lunch. cheers

Last edited by grange3; 06-23-2017 at 07:53 PM.