E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes has the wrong balance between legal worries and customer convenience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
Originally Posted by Cao Black
Bingo, that's exactly the point. To cover the possibility, no matter how unlikely, that one idiot might do something stupid the rest of us are restricted/punished.

The stupidity is the reason why Kinder Eggs are illegal in US. They said some kids may choke with the toys inside the chocolate egg.

You just have to realize that you can eat the chocolate on the outside without then opening the large plastic egg and choking on the small toy inside the egg.

Same product in Europe and kids have no problems.

Lets not forget that US has the most liability cases in the world but we also has to appreciate that some of the cases brought changes that made us and our kids much safer.

Does anyone know if Audi and BMW has the same issue with the memory seat?
Old 07-01-2017, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by Wassaby
The easy entry is still available.

Is it?, in my car only the steering wheel tilts upwards to make more room, the seat doesnt move.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by vic viper
Is it?, in my car only the steering wheel tilts upwards to make more room, the seat doesnt move.
It may still be called easy entry, but only the steering wheel moves now. Before in previous models the seat also used to move. I turn mine off because if you put your weight on the steering wheel while it's moving up, it ends up breaking some gear and it's not that useful for me anyway.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Wassaby
The stupidity is the reason why Kinder Eggs are illegal in US. They said some kids may choke with the toys inside the chocolate egg.

You just have to realize that you can eat the chocolate on the outside without then opening the large plastic egg and choking on the small toy inside the egg.

Same product in Europe and kids have no problems.

Lets not forget that US has the most liability cases in the world but we also has to appreciate that some of the cases brought changes that made us and our kids much safer.

Does anyone know if Audi and BMW has the same issue with the memory seat?
BMW seat positions are stored in the key fob. When one approaches the vehicle the seat, steering wheel and mirrors move to the position stored in the key fob. Since I drive with the seat all the way back, I don't know if the seat retreats when opening the door. The steering wheel does not move when opening the door.