E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Navigation "quirks"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MB SLC43, MB E300, GLC300
Navigation "quirks"

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the nav system where it was telling you to exit the interstate then jump right back on? Have my car in for other service right now and asked them to look in to it. Will be curious what they say.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
Yes! I was having that same issue on a trip last week. Much of the time it seemed to be when there was heavier traffic. I was wondering if was recommending taking advantage of free flowing off ramps that eventually transitioned back on to the freeway. Not sure, but it was definitely distracting.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:09 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
I used to have this problem. What I did to fix it was I set the tolls to electronic instead of cash because when it's set to cash tolls, it'll usually move you to go off the interstate to the toll instead of doing the bill by plate/Sunpass(for Florida).
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (07-06-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by makris0000
I used to have this problem. What I did to fix it was I set the tolls to electronic instead of cash because when it's set to cash tolls, it'll usually move you to go off the interstate to the toll instead of doing the bill by plate/Sunpass(for Florida).
Old 07-07-2017, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 E300 RWD
The nav system regarding the maps is just junk. Besides what happened to you (which has happened to me as well) it sometimes tells you to turn right when the map shows left. It didn't have a freeway on it where I needed to exit that has been there for years. It is way too slow to respond...especially if you have a quick turn ahead after having just made one. It's honestly the worst navigation I've ever had in any of my vehicles.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 E CLASS, 4-Matic, P3.
Originally Posted by acecert
The nav system regarding the maps is just junk. Besides what happened to you (which has happened to me as well) it sometimes tells you to turn right when the map shows left. It didn't have a freeway on it where I needed to exit that has been there for years. It is way too slow to respond...especially if you have a quick turn ahead after having just made one. It's honestly the worst navigation I've ever had in any of my vehicles.
Agree with you 100%. Have had the get off get back on situation happen once. Pretty sure it was in Atlanta. It was crazy. What a pain. We have the reroute for traffic option set to prompt us, so it had nothing to do with that, plus the traffic was light.

Have experienced the left right scenario countless times. We just turned 10,000 miles and have taken several cross country trips, so have lost count as to how many times it's happened. What a joke.

Yup, is the worst guidance system we've ever seen or owned also. We still own a 2016, Toyota Tacoma, Limited, so reminded daily of the Benz's' short comings.