E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

E43 AMG not loud enough

Old 09-24-2017, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E43 AMG
E43 AMG not loud enough

Hi Guys,
Is there any suggestion on how I can make my E43 AMG louder?
I just got out of a Maserati and picked up a lease on the E43, but its extremely quiet. I get that they specifically make these cars to be quiet, but the fact that it's an AMG and so quiet wasn't adding up. Anyhow, I looked up and there aren't many options for aftermarket exhaust systems for this model. Is it possible that a C43 AMG exhaust system could fit on to the E43?

I went to an exhaust shop to maybe get a muffler delete, but didn't feel comfortable for them to take a saw and go to work on a $80K Benz.

Any suggestions, ideas?
Old 09-24-2017, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by ferazjaved
Hi Guys,
I just got out of a Maserati and picked up a lease on the E43, but its extremely quiet. I get that they specifically make these cars to be quiet, but the fact that it's an AMG and so quiet wasn't adding up. Anyhow, I looked up and there aren't many options for aftermarket exhaust systems for this model. Is it possible that a C43 AMG exhaust system could fit on to the E43?

I went to an exhaust shop to maybe get a muffler delete, but didn't feel comfortable for them to take a saw and go to work on a $80K Benz.

Any suggestions, ideas?
Im sure there are or will be aftermarket solutions. I personally apreciate the quiet. Its even quite subdeud with the windows down. BTW I have the quiet pkg which I love.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by ferazjaved
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions, ideas?
You just discovered that the E43 is not a real AMG. Most people who follow this board know that. The Real AMGs are the 63 models.

As for solutions:
1) delete resonator
2) look up Eisenmann and see if they make a Race exhaust for the E43. That would do the trick.
3) Muffler delete. With luck there may be some tuner out there who makes a product for that.