E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Just ordered E 400 wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 SL 63, 2022 Audi A8L, 2021 BMW M50i
Just ordered E 400 wagon

Just finished up on my order on a E 400 wagon!

Polar white
Nappa leather seats black
No premium packages
Acoustic package
Luxury line
Old school wood / leather steering wheel
Rear outlet 115
Logo projector for the kids

It all started after being rear ended in my "other brand" German car. Being rear ended on the freeway while I was going 60 and the other driver was going 90 mph. I was amazed I didn't roll down the freeway. Needless to say no injury but a totaled car. I wanted to get a safe car which led me too volvo. I researched like crazy and stumbled across the mercedes. Being convinced I was getting a volvo but wanted to do my due diligence on looking at comparable cars. Then the more I researched the more I was intrigued with the E. Then the test drive and it was over. The E wagon was it for me.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,108 Likes on 729 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Moongoa

Polar white
No premium packages
Acoustic package
Luxury line
Rear outlet 115

It all started after being rear ended in my "other brand" German car. Being rear ended on the freeway while I was going 60 and the other driver was going 90 mph. I was amazed I didn't roll down the freeway. Needless to say no injury but a totaled car. I wanted to get a safe car which led me too volvo. I researched like crazy and stumbled across the mercedes. Being convinced I was getting a volvo but wanted to do my due diligence on looking at comparable cars. Then the more I researched the more I was intrigued with the E. Then the test drive and it was over. The E wagon was it for me.
Congrats good choice!
Old 11-25-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C300 Sport

Polar white
No premium packages
Acoustic package
Luxury line
Rear outlet 115

good choice and welcome to the M.B. club!
Old 11-26-2017, 04:54 AM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
logo projector for the kids (and big kids) :-)
Nice car, bet you can't wait
Old 11-26-2017, 09:38 AM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
Congrats on your new S213 E400 wagon! Love your choices of polar white on black leather and acoustic pkg. The full digital double-wide gauge cluster has me right there - too bad it's locked away with the most $$$ expensive option package. Grr!

What did you make of the Volvo S / V / XC90 line-up? I think its modern-looking interiors are gorgeously appointed, but am scared off by the electrical gremlins. A pal test drove the supercharged / turbo 4 and didn't like the power plant and/or transmission saying it was slightly jerky. I rode shotgun on the test drive and felt the ride was "flinty" or less than solid. Too bad because he wanted to buy it desperately.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
Congrats on your new S213 E400 wagon! Love your choices of polar white on black leather and acoustic pkg. The full digital double-wide gauge cluster has me right there - too bad it's locked away with the most $$$ expensive option package. Grr!

What did you make of the Volvo S / V / XC90 line-up? I think its modern-looking interiors are gorgeously appointed, but am scared off by the electrical gremlins. A pal test drove the supercharged / turbo 4 and didn't like the power plant and/or transmission saying it was slightly jerky. I rode shotgun on the test drive and felt the ride was "flinty" or less than solid. Too bad because he wanted to buy it desperately.
Thanks all!

Yes I wanted one too but the cars 4 cylinder engine though super and turbo charges did not feel like the correct size for the car. I also did not feel like the build or ride was at par with the E class. I was planning on getting the v 90 version not the v 90 xc. I like the lower stance of wagons. I was there was a diesel version in the US but I'm very happy with the 6 gas.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w213 e63s
I also looked at the volvo v90 cross country and thought that the merc had a much better ride. While I was in the volvo dealer, I overheard a conversation between the service manager and the general manager about how they had run out of service loaners and they were arguing about what to do. That pretty much convinced me that volvo's poor reputation for reliability under chinese ownership was probably accurate. Good choice on the E400.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
E 63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by Johnny Rad

Funny. I tested an XC90 and then a V90cc - really wanted to love one of them, simply could not. They look great inside and out, particularly the V90 (I would've done the special order for it had I liked the cc), but they just didn't do it for me. Came over to MB and eventually decided on the E wagon.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E Wagon, 1984 911, 2017 E wagon
Congratulations

Our first new car in 1978 after our children were born was a Volvo wagon. It was the only car with a 3 point rear seat belt for our children.
Currently we have a 2017 Mercedes Wagon. It is a luxury with accoustic package.
You will enjoy the quality of workmanship in you new wagon and the smooth and quite ride.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:21 PM

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
I didn't test drive the XC90, but did test drive the S90, which is just about the same interior... On the test drive, the touch screen froze, then went black and stayed that way until we pulled over and power-cycled the car.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
I didn't test drive the XC90, but did test drive the S90, which is just about the same interior... On the test drive, the touch screen froze, then went black and stayed that way until we pulled over and power-cycled the car.

Other thoughts: The car's quite a step up from previous Volvos. It's a very nice car, but I really didn't like the engine. Also, it's adaptive cruise control wasn't anywhere near what Distronic is in my 2015 E-Class. Otherwise, nice interior, decent car.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:35 PM

So I am wondering what are the key information to get an idea of when the actual build date will be. When I ordered they said delivery sometime around late February early March. After ready many of the posts it seems they are taking longer then 3 months. I would like to have a general idea to try to pacify myself till my car gets here.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E400 Wagon
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
I am glad to hear that it wasn't just me who broke the V90. We took it out for a test drive, and within 90 min the electronics rebooted twice reseting everything in the car. It was annoying. Perhaps more disheartening was the fact that compared to E400 the v90 drives like a sofa. I love the way the v90 looks - but I could not live with the way it drives.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Just received notification the car was put on the boat for the journey across the Atlantic. ETA to LA port is 3/15. Hope there are not to many delays. Waiting is the best and hardest part

Last edited by Moongoa; 03-08-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E400 Wagon
Problem with Fuel Tank

I own an E400 wagon. On several occasions, the fuel nozzle at the gas station has gotten stuck in the gas tank where it cannot be removed. At it's first service yesterday the dealership said there were no service bulletins on the problem; there were two incidences they were aware of where this had happened on a GLC. Mostly the dealership failed to write up the service record correctly indicating that they could not replicate the reported problem. I made them add wording to provide some protection. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-26-2018, 10:10 PM

Finally here. But I have to wait till tomorrow to pick up.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Accord Touring
Finally here. But I have to wait till tomorrow to pick up.
Looks great even setting on that truck.
Please post more photos when you can.
Have never seen a white Luxury in person.
My 2018 Lunar Blue/Expresso Brown MB-Tex Luxury is at dealership, but I may reorder a white Luxury.

What is your interior and options. .
Old 03-27-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Skyblazer
Looks great even setting on that truck.
Please post more photos when you can.
Have never seen a white Luxury in person.
My 2018 Lunar Blue/Expresso Brown MB-Tex Luxury is at dealership, but I may reorder a white Luxury.

What is your interior and options. .
Thanks yes this weekend I'll get some pics.

Polar white
No premium packages
Acoustic package
Luxury line
Rear outlet 115