E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

The never ending Saga

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
The never ending Saga

Well maybe it will come to an end soon! We ordered this car on June 22nd and it seems we will have it in hand over 6 months later. After numerous setbacks and global constraints on parts...it's finally coming. This forum has been a HUGE help along the way. And save for the anti-gunners locking my thread over inanimate objects, it's been a logical and fun place to hang out!

I wish there was a way to track it home! I'll be sure to bust out my Sony A7rii and get some proper pics once she's in!
Old 12-15-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
ES350 E300 GLE350 GMC3500 Duramax
Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW
Well maybe it will come to an end soon! We ordered this car on June 22nd and it seems we will have it in hand over 6 months later. After numerous setbacks and global constraints on parts...it's finally coming. This forum has been a HUGE help along the way. And save for the anti-gunners locking my thread over inanimate objects, it's been a logical and fun place to hang out!

I wish there was a way to track it home! I'll be sure to bust out my Sony A7rii and get some proper pics once she's in!
your events looks worse than mine hope the Tomar RORO makes it to Baltimore. Mine was order in August.
Fellow "L" owner I see
Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 PM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by robert c
your events looks worse than mine hope the Tomar RORO makes it to Baltimore. Mine was order in August.
Fellow "L" owner I see
I wish I knew what that meant lol!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:02 AM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
Use www.vesselfinder.com to track the ship it's on.

BTW, did you really order your car (as in full commitment) on 22 June? If so, the dealership didn't put it in the system under 2 October per NetStar's info there.

I don't want to rub it in, but I picked up mine last night. So far very pleased, and I'm liking the improvements over the '17 loaners I've driven. I'm not sure if the differences I'm seeing are 2017 vs 2018 or P3 vs the others, but I like it.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tracking an ordered car is something Mercedes should have addressed years ago. Easy, customer friendly/thoughtful, saves tremendous phone traffic to dealer salespeople, who don’t know either. BMW made it fun and interesting to follow one’s new car from order to delivery years ago.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:00 PM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by Grey.Coupe
Tracking an ordered car is something Mercedes should have addressed years ago. Easy, customer friendly/thoughtful, saves tremendous phone traffic to dealer salespeople, who don’t know either. BMW made it fun and interesting to follow one’s new car from order to delivery years ago.
Yeah I don't get it. It just seems like a simple service to offer and make fun for the end user. Ordering this car has been the biggest nightmare I've ever encountered. Based on this experience I can't recommend ordering a MB to any friend of mine and in fact I deter them from it. So, they are loosing sales over such an easy service to streamline and offer. I'm not a fan boy to any brand, but I'll give any of them (within reason) a try. So I will just as easily drop MB from future purchases if they don't shape up.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:03 PM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
Use www.vesselfinder.com to track the ship it's on.

BTW, did you really order your car (as in full commitment) on 22 June? If so, the dealership didn't put it in the system under 2 October per NetStar's info there.

I don't want to rub it in, but I picked up mine last night. So far very pleased, and I'm liking the improvements over the '17 loaners I've driven. I'm not sure if the differences I'm seeing are 2017 vs 2018 or P3 vs the others, but I like it.
Your link is broken, strange. But yeah I tried that site last week and it didn't show up and yes we placed the order and put money down on June 22nd.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:14 PM

There's no doubt in what NetStar shows -- your dealership didn't actually place the order (change an existing delivery slot car to match your specifications) until on October 2, 2017. No two ways about that. You have that screenshot as proof -- use it for negotiation. I'd probably walk off the lot at least once during negotiations to prove the point and get a few more $. Lies are the modus operandi for that dealership since the new GM took over.

try this: https://www.vesselfinder.com/ as it's working flawlessly for me.

@Grey.Coupe: MB may be late to the dance, but they're finally doing it: https://www.daimler.com/innovation/c...icipation.html
Old 12-17-2017, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
Here is a good link to VesselFinder.

I've ordered many MB vehicles and never had an issue tracking the order. My SA provided me with almost daily status updates via email or text message as they occurred. Still the info was not as good as the direct tracking from BMW.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:00 PM

2018 E300
There's no doubt in what NetStar shows -- your dealership didn't actually place the order (change an existing delivery slot car to match your specifications) until on October 2, 2017. No two ways about that. You have that screenshot as proof -- use it for negotiation. I'd probably walk off the lot at least once during negotiations to prove the point and get a few more $. Lies are the modus operandi for that dealership since the new GM took over.

try this: https://www.vesselfinder.com/ as it's working flawlessly for me.

@Grey.Coupe: MB may be late to the dance, but they're finally doing it: https://www.daimler.com/innovation/c...icipation.html
Thats the second car. The first one was placed before that but was changed mid cycle from a P03 to Q03 when they ran out of screens. Then when the factory got more screens in from the supplier they allocated a car already on the line for me.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:01 PM

2018 E300
Also, how do I know what ship its on?
Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 PM

No, Mercedes doesn't change a P03 to Q03. Your dealership ordered a Q03 and told you otherwise. I had a dealer pull this stunt on me when I was shopping my P03 in August. I noticed their MSRP didn't match the others and had to take a closer look.

Having the extra screen for the past 24 hours, I'd definitely say it makes the interior. BIG difference between this car and the analog-gauge loaners I've had. It also adds extra ambient lighting as well.

As far as finding out which ship it's on, the dealership can pull that up off the exact same screen that they sent you. Alternatively, you can enter your VIN# on W2WGlobal.com 's website and see what comes up. You'd enter it under Cargo ID. IF it's traveling on a Wallenus ship, it'll be there. Both of my cars must have shipped on other carriers, as they never showed up on there, but it's worth a shot.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:43 AM

2018 E300
No, Mercedes doesn't change a P03 to Q03. Your dealership ordered a Q03 and told you otherwise. I had a dealer pull this stunt on me when I was shopping my P03 in August. I noticed their MSRP didn't match the others and had to take a closer look.

Having the extra screen for the past 24 hours, I'd definitely say it makes the interior. BIG difference between this car and the analog-gauge loaners I've had. It also adds extra ambient lighting as well.

As far as finding out which ship it's on, the dealership can pull that up off the exact same screen that they sent you. Alternatively, you can enter your VIN# on W2WGlobal.com 's website and see what comes up. You'd enter it under Cargo ID. IF it's traveling on a Wallenus ship, it'll be there. Both of my cars must have shipped on other carriers, as they never showed up on there, but it's worth a shot.
I bet you that's exactly what happened. I almost want to open my own dealership JUST to show the world how it's done. To treat customers with respect and to offer the best experience possible. I had a good experience at the dealership we bought my wife's 2008 Lexus at back in 2011. Guess what? I tell EVERYONE to go there. I know for a fact at least 3 people bought cars there on my recommendation. Amazing how that works....

Also thanks for the link. My VIN doesn't show up in that system. I don't know why it would take this long to ship a car that was ready on the 9th...
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 AM

2018 E300
"Euphony/ACE is the name of ship supoose to be in Jacksonville on the 26th of December" per my dealer 5 min ago

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9293595

Last edited by NFAREVIEW; 12-18-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Euphony/ACE is the name of ship supoose to be in Jacksonville on the 26th of December" per my dealer 5 min ago

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9293595
The Euphony Ace isn't going to Jacksonville. MB uses Brunswick, GA where the VPC is located. Your sales agent is showing his ignorance.

https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/eup...9293595_29387/

Last edited by ua549; 12-18-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:26 PM

SLC300

If you know the name of the ship on which it is loaded, you can track it on the web using one of the ship trackers, e.g.
www.marinetraffic.com
www.vesselfinder.com
The ship typically offloads in Rhode Island, Baltimore and New Brunswick, GA.

My E43 arrived in Long Beach today...
Old 12-21-2017, 02:18 AM

Which way does a ship go to get to Long Beach? via the Panama Canal?
Old 12-21-2017, 06:02 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
ES350 E300 GLE350 GMC3500 Duramax
Panama
Old 12-21-2017, 08:09 AM

2018 E300
Well my ships last transponder location was received 4 days ago lol so either the signal sucks and is only readable close to shore or my car is at the bottom of the Atlantic LOL.
The following users liked this post:
dukester34 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 08:22 AM

SLC300
Yes. The ship left Bremerhavn, stopped in Rode Island, Baltimore, and Brunswick, Georgia before heading to the Canal. The ship is now headed to Shanghai. It was amusing to watch the progress, albeit impatiently.
I had the advantage that, having driven the car in Europe, I received a notice from the import folks when it was loaded on the ship, ETA, etc.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 PM

2018 E300
Update:
Car ordered: 6-22-2017
Built: 11-29-2017
Shipped: 12-15-2017
Arrived at port: 12-26-2017 (Brunswick, GA)
Cleared Customs & VPC: 12-28-2017
Released to car carrier: 12-28-2017
Arrived at Dealer:

It's hard to believe it's finally on the way. We should have it in hand within 72hrs depending on the amount of stops the carrier has to make. Hopefully the above timeline will help someone in the future if they ever wonder how long it can take. Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Mercedes E300, 2015 Porsche Boxster S, 2012 Volvo S80 3.2
Hello NFAREVIEW. I am in Tampa as well. Did you order from the Tampa Dealer or the Dealer in Wesley Chapel? I was at the Tampa Dealer recently, as we are looking at possibly ordering a new E300. Was not impressed with Dealer. Parking was awful. Salesman was overly aggressive to the point of having to tell him to "back off". Have heard that their "deals" are not very good?? (we did not get to that stage to find out though) Reading this thread does not inspire confidence. We did get to drive the E300, and it is very nice.....and my wife liked it a lot......but I have little patience with dealers that have poor business practices, and this sounds like they do. Your comments please.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:04 PM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by amf77
Hello NFAREVIEW. I am in Tampa as well. Did you order from the Tampa Dealer or the Dealer in Wesley Chapel? I was at the Tampa Dealer recently, as we are looking at possibly ordering a new E300. Was not impressed with Dealer. Parking was awful. Salesman was overly aggressive to the point of having to tell him to "back off". Have heard that their "deals" are not very good?? (we did not get to that stage to find out though) Reading this thread does not inspire confidence. We did get to drive the E300, and it is very nice.....and my wife liked it a lot......but I have little patience with dealers that have poor business practices, and this sounds like they do. Your comments please.
We ordered it at the Tampa store on Dale Mabry. We didn't have the problem you did with the salesman. Our was VERY laid back and was not pushy at all, in fact it was the best experience I've had at a dealer to date....and thats where it stopped. Unfortunately since we ordered the car back in June, our salesman Darryl has since moved on to another brand dealer so it looks like you were stuck with the usual over bearing and pushy salesman....when will they learn?!?

After the initial order they messed up the order once and it took them forever to get the ball rolling. I've never had to PUSH a dealer....hows that for a change? Numerous phone calls and emails. I guess my 72K is not worthy there lol. I'll be glad when it's all over. We will most likely take it to the Wesley Chapel dealer for service, etc since it's closer to our house. Hopefully they have better service. We stopped in the Wesley Chapel dealer one day to look at a E43 they had and the salesman was a tad pushy but nothing we haven't dealt with at a car dealer before. It sucks Darryl left, he was a nice change!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've used Lokey MB (not associated with other Lokey dealers) for 40 years. They enable their sales agent full access to the automated systems that are restricted at some dealers such as MB of Tampa. Lokey MB goes out of their way to insure the very best customer experience. They are located just across the Courtney Campbell causeway on US19 South. Give them a try.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:16 AM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by ua549
I've used Lokey MB (not associated with other Lokey dealers) for 40 years. They enable their sales agent full access to the automated systems that are restricted at some dealers such as MB of Tampa. Lokey MB goes out of their way to insure the very best customer experience. They are located just across the Courtney Campbell causeway on US19 South. Give them a try.
Where were you six months ago! LOLOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The never ending Saga