E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

NAV Map Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
NAV Map Questions

Does anyone know what these items shown on the navigation map mean? No one i spoke with at my dealership had a clue.

1. Top arrow points to a time, usually only a few minutes, sometimes only one minute, that is clearly NOT the time to your chosen destination.
2. Arrow pointing to checkered flag.
3. Arrow pointing to "1 min" at an intersection that was about 5 minutes from where I was at the time the photo was taken.

BTW, the time of 2:33 was the current time, 2:47 was my ETA, and the 1.8 mi was the remaining distance to my destination.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E350, 2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by The_Judge
Does anyone know what these items shown on the navigation map mean? No one i spoke with at my dealership had a clue.

1. Top arrow points to a time, usually only a few minutes, sometimes only one minute, that is clearly NOT the time to your chosen destination.
2. Arrow pointing to checkered flag.
3. Arrow pointing to "1 min" at an intersection that was about 5 minutes from where I was at the time the photo was taken.

BTW, the time of 2:33 was the current time, 2:47 was my ETA, and the 1.8 mi was the remaining distance to my destination.

You need to find another dealership - it's pretty straight forward. The 2 min is the total traffic delay on your route as calculated. The checkered flag (think end of race) is the destination info (time remaining and mileage left). The 1 min is a 1 min delay due to traffic at that portion of the route.
The following users liked this post:
The_Judge (12-16-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E350, 2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by knoppe01
You need to find another dealership - it's pretty straight forward. The 2 min is the total traffic delay on your route as calculated. The checkered flag (think end of race) is the destination info (time remaining and mileage left). The 1 min is a 1 min delay due to traffic at that portion of the route.
I need to correct something - the Checkered flag 2:47 is the arrival time included traffic delays. I've found the traffic fairly reliable here in the NY area but others (especially in So Cal) have not.