E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Digital Dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
Originally Posted by Latinnftl
Finally found in the manual the notation about the ambient lighting adjusted to the display, but no explanation as to what that means and haven't yet noticed in the car when driving.
That option adjusts the ambient lights are adjusted to match the instrument cluster themes.
Off the top of my head:
Sport = yellow ambient light
Classic = white ambient light (not 100% sure on this)
Progressive = light blue ambient light.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E300
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
That option adjusts the ambient lights are adjusted to match the instrument cluster themes.
Off the top of my head:
Sport = yellow ambient light
Classic = white ambient light (not 100% sure on this)
Progressive = light blue ambient light.
Thanks BB. Makes sense. I'll see if I notice any changes.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:46 AM

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 E-300 4 matic
I have the 2017 e class with the digital dash. All I can tell you is you will regret not getting it. The wait shouldn't stop you. Trust me, if you are going to spend that much on a car, get all you want. There shouldn't be any question or sense of regret in your mind each month you make that car payment. You should do it with a smile knowing you got what you wanted. Last thing you want is the same car with the digital dash pulling up beside you in traffic and making you feel like ****. Trust me I've done that to so many base model W213 owners and the look of dissatisfaction on their faces when they glance into mine and see the digital dash is priceless. Don't be that person, I'll find you an pull up right beside you. Ha!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic.
I have the Digital Dash on my 2018 C300, and wouldn't go back to a standard dash.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E-Class Estate (S213) SE 220D
Originally Posted by Rone803
I decided to make the switch to P02. After telling the dealer this, he messages me 15 minutes later if the screen really that important. Looks like I'm in for a wait.
Translation: 'Is it really that important, I want to hit my volume targets for the quarter and make my holiday bonus'.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic.
I'd say it's not important for the car, but ... it's very ... very ... nice to have. Try to find a car that has it and you'll see for yourself.

Originally Posted by Participant
Translation: 'Is it really that important, I want to hit my volume targets for the quarter and make my holiday bonus'.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E-Class Estate (S213) SE 220D
Even if I didn't personally care about the digital dash, a huge factor for me would be ease of resale. In 2-5 years people are going to be looking at these on the 2nd hand market and metaphorically walking past those without the digital dash. It happens with the pro nav on the F10 5 series for example.

If you're leasing and don't care about that then fine, but if you're looking at a PCP whereby you could feasibly buy the car and keep it, I'd not be getting one without the digital dash as nobody will want it unless it's bargain basement.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E300
The dynamic dash worked. I was in navigation and when I went to park it overlaid the 365 image so I could see
Old 12-30-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by Rone803
Just curious if anyone that has the analog screen and wish they opted for the digital version. I know it's personal preference but I been going back and forth on this. I checked it out and really didn't feel I would play around with after that new feeling is gone.

The other side of me just thinks it looks so cool paired with the other screen. Do I risk possible delays waiting for the screen? Just something else to consider. Just looking for you all personal thoughts. Anyone unhappy with the digital display?
I side with those who suggest not settling for the analog dash. A common comment (complaint) is that all Mercedes sedans now look alike. No disrespect, but the analog dash is more C class, while the digital is more S class.

P.S.
Apparently you can retrofit if you do go analog. I have no idea if the replacement is OE or after-market (and what effect that might have on MB warranty). Does make one wonder how you can get an OE replacement when they are in short supply in new car inventories.