Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

2018 ESP Setting

Old 01-05-2018, 07:02 PM

e300
2018 ESP Setting

So in my 2018 E300 In my individual dynamic settings, I am able to adjust Engine, Steering and ESP. Im assuming ESP is suspension related. It can be changed from comfort, sport and SPORT +. Does this lower the suspension or just make it more stiff?

Does this setting exist in the 2017 model as well?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:45 PM

2018 E300 P2 & 2015 ML350
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa View Post
So in my 2018 E300 In my individual dynamic settings, I am able to adjust Engine, Steering and ESP. Im assuming ESP is suspension related. It can be changed from comfort, sport and SPORT +. Does this lower the suspension or just make it more stiff?

Does this setting exist in the 2017 model as well?
ESP is "electronic stability program", which is essentially a computerized traction control to help prevent your car from severe under or over steering and skidding. I am not sure, but do not think that the E300 is equipped with an adjustable or variable ESP. I think the dynamic setting is a choice of On or Off. I can't imagine most people wanting to turn off ESP completely every time they change dynamic settings. We're talking about a 2+ ton, 2.0L 4-cyl sedan here.

This ESP option replaces the 2017 option to turn off Eco Stop/Start when you choose a dynamic setting other than Comfort (Default), which is a much more useful option, and, I suspect, a much more used option. You can still turn of Stop/Start by pressing the button, but it was easier to do both dynamic and Stop/Start in one operation. Now it takes two. Why does Mercedes make dumb decisions like this?

Last edited by Cao Black; 01-05-2018 at 10:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cao Black For This Useful Post:
Cambridgehank (03-17-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 11:15 PM

e300
Originally Posted by Cao Black View Post
ESP is "electronic stability program", which is essentially a computerized traction control to help prevent your car from severe under or over steering and skidding. I am not sure, but do not think that the E300 is equipped with an adjustable or variable ESP. I think the dynamic setting is a choice of On or Off. I can't imagine most people wanting to turn off ESP completely every time they change dynamic settings. We're talking about a 2+ ton, 2.0L 4-cyl sedan here.

This ESP option replaces the 2017 option to turn off Eco Stop/Start when you choose a dynamic setting other than Comfort (Default), which is a much more useful option, and, I suspect, a much more used option. You can still turn of Stop/Start by pressing the button, but it was easier to do both dynamic and Stop/Start in one operation. Now it takes two. Why does Mercedes make dumb decisions like this?

The ESP setting on my 2018 is comfort, sport or Sport Plus. and it is accompanied by engine and steering, same choices here with comfort sport and sport +
Old 02-09-2019, 07:20 PM

W205 C250 2016
Hi, I just bought an E300 2019, and I can confirm there is a separate ESP setting. Is not just on/off is Comfort/Sport/Sport+
is not suspension or transmission related, I cannot find anything about in the the instructions manual. I will make some testing after car break in.
best regards.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:17 AM

1995 E300 Diesel, 2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2015 E250 BlueTEC 4MATIC, 2019 E300 4MATIC
The ESP settings on any of the models regulates how much oversteer/understeer the car will permit prior to engaging corrective action. In addition, it affects how much throttle cut the computer will add. In sporty driving situations, drivers may not prefer any throttle cut being engaged by the ESP, and prefer only mild corrective action in the case of extreme over/understeer. In comfort mode, priority is on driving safety - the yaw correction kicks in early to keep the car on its intended trajectory. Throttle cut also kicks in early to minimize wheel spin and the possibility of loss of control. For *most* drivers, comfort should be the right setting. If you like to push the tail out a little, you'll need Sport/+ or off as your configuration.