Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W213)
It finally arrived! (PIC HEAVY) >

It finally arrived! (PIC HEAVY)

Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

It finally arrived! (PIC HEAVY)

 
Old 01-06-2018, 07:30 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
It finally arrived! (PIC HEAVY)

We ordered this car on June 22, 2017 and we finally took delivery on January 5, 2018. The dealer had some hiccups along the way but made good on it in the end. He gave us $7500 off sticker, 3 years Mercedes pre-paid maintenance for free, and a gift card to the parts dept. I have to say, it was worth the wait! Wow, incredible driving machine...absolutely incredible!
































Last edited by NFAREVIEW; 01-06-2018 at 09:15 PM.
NFAREVIEW is offline  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:16 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 342
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
S550
Oh man. Gorgeous pics. The car isn’t bad either !! Now your wife needs to upgrade to 10mm!! Did you ever find a trunk rifle mount? Congrats!!
TestnDoc is offline  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:20 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by TestnDoc View Post
Oh man. Gorgeous pics. The car isnít bad either !! Now your wife needs to upgrade to 10mm!! Did you ever find a trunk rifle mount? Congrats!!
Thanks! Shot with my Sony A7rii with Sony G Master 90mm OSS lens and lightly edited in LR6. I haven't messed with the rifle mount yet but I plan on tackling it soon!
NFAREVIEW is offline  
Old 01-06-2018, 11:28 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 51
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
none yet
Weapons package?

Wood grain on the center console looks great.
Pcar98 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 12:50 AM
  #5  
Member
 
BF3PDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 190
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
E class, C class
Congrats! Nicely spec too, especially with the proper wood center console and the widescreen display.
BF3PDZ is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:36 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by Pcar98 View Post
Weapons package?

Wood grain on the center console looks great.
Code (911) Weapons Package

LOL!
NFAREVIEW is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:38 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by BF3PDZ View Post
Congrats! Nicely spec too, especially with the proper wood center console and the widescreen display.
Thank You! It's getting clear bra and 5% 3M tint this week. That should help give it just enough black contrast on the windows and the bumper will be protected from chips. She's happy!
NFAREVIEW is offline  
The following users liked this post: NFAREVIEW
BF3PDZ (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 06:44 AM
  #8  
Member
 
BF3PDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 190
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
E class, C class
Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW View Post
Thank You! It's getting clear bra and 5% 3M tint this week. That should help give it just enough black contrast on the windows and the bumper will be protected from chips. She's happy!
I am thinking of doing the same as well, let me know how you go with the clear bra, the AMG front bumper looks pretty tricky to protect with all the curves and surfaces. My car is finally getting built next week, can't wait.
BF3PDZ is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:50 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by BF3PDZ View Post
I am thinking of doing the same as well, let me know how you go with the clear bra, the AMG front bumper looks pretty tricky to protect with all the curves and surfaces. My car is finally getting built next week, can't wait.
We are going with SunTek PPF (paint protection film). It has self healing capabilities, just add heat and any nicks or scratches go away. It's amazing stuff. The shop I use prefers it to 3M's version but uses 3M for windows film. We are getting entire bumper, 1/4 hood and fenders, mirrors, and A pillars for $700. It's computer cut specific to the vehicle on a plotter with special software. They already have the AMG line front bumper file. The do Ferraris and Lambo's weekly so I have faith!
NFAREVIEW is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:36 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
rodrigra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2011 E350 and 2005 C230
Congrats, your car looks great, including all the other accessories in your pics. Also, one of the best investments on my vehicles has been clear wrapping the entire front end. You may want to also consider wrapping the headlights to protect them from pitting/UV damage too. Take care.
rodrigra94 is online now  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:11 AM
  #11  
Member
 
dukester34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 180
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
none yet
love the gun ****... and the car is great
dukester34 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:16 AM
  #12  
Member
 
BF3PDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 190
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
E class, C class
Originally Posted by rodrigra94 View Post
Congrats, your car looks great, including all the other accessories in your pics. Also, one of the best investments on my vehicles has been clear wrapping the entire front end. You may want to also consider wrapping the headlights to protect them from pitting/UV damage too. Take care.
Does these film offer anti UV protection or not?
BF3PDZ is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:49 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
rodrigra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2011 E350 and 2005 C230
Originally Posted by BF3PDZ View Post
Does these film offer anti UV protection or not?
Yes, I had XPEL installed.
rodrigra94 is online now  
Old 01-07-2018, 03:17 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,463
Liked 60 Times in 50 Posts
....19 CLS53, 18 E43
You must live in a very rough neighbourhood to require all that firepower.
petee1997 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 03:26 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by petee1997 View Post
You must live in a very rough neighbourhood to require all that firepower.
I actually live in an upscale gated and 24/7 security neighborhood. I just happen to like shooting sports more than the next guy that golfs. That and my YouTube channel, a business through which I acquire most of my firepower, paid for the E300.
NFAREVIEW is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 03:43 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
dudley07726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SWFL
Posts: 306
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW View Post
We ordered this car on June 22, 2017 and we finally took delivery on January 5, 2018. The dealer had some hiccups along the way but made good on it in the end. He gave us $7500 off sticker, 3 years Mercedes pre-paid maintenance for free, and a gift card to the parts dept. I have to say, it was worth the wait! Wow, incredible driving machine...absolutely incredible!































Very nice. Enjoy. I love my 18 E400ís Coupe. Strange how the tweeters for the front are where your side view mirrors are and mine are in the door like in your rear doors. Do you find it to be a heavy car for a 4 cylinder?
Lastly, I donít know where the guns fit into all this. To each his own.
dudley07726 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 04:53 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 37
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
2017 Mercedes E300 w/P1 and Sport Wheel pkgs
I was having some real eye candy with these pics until they started looking like an NRA promo. If the wrong person gets their hands on that kind of firepower they could wipe out a bunch of people in a matter of minutes. Nice car though! Weapons of war, not so much.
ardenne90 is offline  
The following users liked this post: ardenne90
vladarh (01-09-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 04:55 PM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 676
Liked 105 Times in 93 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2012 SLK350
Awesome, beautiful car! I'm about to leave to pick up my '18 E400 coupe, can't wait. I hope to share your enthusiasm.
teksurv is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 05:13 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 14
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes E S213
Very nice vehicle :-)

Very nice indeed. I have a somewhat similar configuration.
Same wood, Burmester, wide screen cockpit beige leather ( I like the black also) but a station wagon.
Not the guns though and here in Denmark nobody needs gated areas with security anyway :-)
speedyholm is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 06:27 PM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ua549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 2,144
Liked 229 Times in 198 Posts
.
Originally Posted by speedyholm View Post
Very nice indeed. I have a somewhat similar configuration.
Same wood, Burmester, wide screen cockpit beige leather ( I like the black also) but a station wagon.
Not the guns though and here in Denmark nobody needs gated areas with security anyway :-)
Not exactly. I always had a security escort while doing quarterly consulting in Copenhagen back in the 80's & 90's.
ua549 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 07:17 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
thefisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Central Florida
Posts: 3,073
Liked 304 Times in 263 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Glad the car finally came in. Post more as you do your mods.
thefisch is online now  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:56 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
NFAREVIEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by ardenne90 View Post
I was having some real eye candy with these pics until they started looking like an NRA promo. If the wrong person gets their hands on that kind of firepower they could wipe out a bunch of people in a matter of minutes. Nice car though! Weapons of war, not so much.
The guns (save for the belt fed) are all German Made, hence the photoshoot. Google my user name and you'll see the connection. And no, of course the guns aren't left in the car lololol that would be grossly irresponsible! I could have taken some pics with a hammer, bat, and 9 iron and nobody would have bat an eye....and more murders are committed with those blunt instruments than guns. "The more you know"

I'm glad you enjoyed the car pics. The car is rather photogenic.
NFAREVIEW is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 11:52 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 37
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
2017 Mercedes E300 w/P1 and Sport Wheel pkgs
The E300 is definitely a head-turner. I got mine in September 2016, and aside from a few minor early adoption bugs it has been quite an executive saloon. And as far as the 4 banger is concerned, I have all the power I need to pass on the freeway or climb a hill. People need to understand that today's 4 bangers are not the same as for bangers from the 20th century. The tighter integration between the powertrain through the use of sophisticated software algorithms makes for very dynamic engine performance for a big car. I need to post some proper photos, but here is one from the day I took delivery in 2016.

ardenne90 is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 12:15 AM
  #24  
Member
 
BF3PDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 190
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
E class, C class
Originally Posted by ardenne90 View Post
The E300 is definitely a head-turner. I got mine in September 2016, and aside from a few minor early adoption bugs it has been quite an executive saloon. And as far as the 4 banger is concerned, I have all the power I need to pass on the freeway or climb a hill. People need to understand that today's 4 bangers are not the same as for bangers from the 20th century. The tighter integration between the powertrain through the use of sophisticated software algorithms makes for very dynamic engine performance for a big car. I need to post some proper photos, but here is one from the day I took delivery in 2016.
That is good to hear, does your car have any issues with squeaks and rattles?
BF3PDZ is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 AM
  #25  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 61
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2018 Mercedes E300, 2015 Porsche Boxster S, 2012 Volvo S80 3.2
NFAREVIEW: Congratulations! Your car is beautiful!. Glad to see it finally arrived!.
We will be ordering our E 300 today as well, also with lots of equipment on it.
Had the clear bra done on my Porsche when it was new a couple of years ago. SunTec product.....and it works fine. Had the front fenders, bumper, and entire front hood done on the Porsche.....(you might want to consider doing the entire hood, so you don't see the "line" across the hood).
When our "Merc" arrives, first order of business is clear bra and window tinting.
I will be interested in knowing where you bring your car for the clear bra and tinting......and what you think of their work.
Best of Luck and Enjoyment with your new "baby".
amf77 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: It finally arrived! (PIC HEAVY)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: