Constant e300 transmission malfunction - OBD codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350
Constant e300 transmission malfunction - OBD codes

Hi MBworld,
I've had a 2017 e300 for about a year and the entire time i've had it its had issues with the transmission. It shifts incredibly hard, gets stuck in a gear and makes a metal grinding sound when shifting from reverse to drive. Its been at the dealer 5 times for this, throws codes P061B00 and U014800 but the dealership hasn't really done anything to improve the issue. The dash frequently says 'transmission malfunction.' They changed the fluid once, saying it was over filled by a quart. This is quite confusing to me. How does a transmission leave the factory overfilled? The issues seem to have gotten significantly worse since changing the fluid.

A few nights ago it almost caused me to be in an accident. It got stuck in 9th gear when I gave it gas to merge for a lane closure and I had to drive off the road into a grassy shoulder to avoid being hit by a tractor trailer. It will also frequently get stuck in 2nd gear when driving around town, and i have to use the paddle shifters to get it into the next gear.
I'm really unsure about what to do with this car at this point. I'm properly terrified that I will be injured if i continue to drive this vehicle in its current condition. Its been in the shop over 2 months of the 12 months i've owned it related to this issue. The dealership, Park Place in Dallas, cannot get the car in for a week. I don't have another vehicle to drive.
Any suggestions or advice are appreciated. This is my 4th E and the only one I've ever had a single problem with.

Best,
Jeremy ***
Old 02-10-2018, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
Try a different dealer!
Old 02-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
**THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVISE/ADVICE**

Since you brought your car into the dealership so many times and it has been in service for so long, you should look into the lemon laws for your state. A quick google search found this from the DMV. (I assume you bought the car from Texas or you are from Texas).
https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/automot.../lemon-law.php

Consult an attorney in your area and see what they can do. You may have a lemon on your hands, see if an attorney can help you turn it into lemonade.

Again,
**THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVISE/ADVICE**
Old 02-12-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350
Hey, thanks for the advice. Spoke with a rep at mercedes 'executive referral' and it sounds like they're open to buying back the vehicle. My lawyer has advised me not to take the car back to the dealer until they've formally made an offer. 6 visits over a year to repair a dangerously faulty transmission is excessive, especially for a $70k+ car. I'll update this thread as i get more info.

Best,
Jeremy
The following users liked this post:
makris0000 (02-13-2018)