E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Navigation voice volume control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
Navigation voice volume control

I took a navigated ride with my wife early this morning. The booming voice of the navigation told us what actions to take. My wife asked if I could turn the voice down? I could not find any settings to do this. I chanced upon using the steering wheel volume buttons while the voice was giving instructions. Does anyone know of a setting other than this quick fix?
Old 05-04-2018, 07:56 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
There is a setting for nav volume control in one of the menus. Its either under Audio or vehicle settings. There are also selections to mute the radio during nav instructions in the same menu and to mute nav instructions during phone calls. The entire command system on the new cars is not very intuitive or user friendly. I've spent some time in the driveway just scrolling through the various options available in the system. Can't imagine executing some of them while driving???
Old 05-04-2018, 08:30 PM

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by Cambridgehank
I took a navigated ride with my wife early this morning. The booming voice of the navigation told us what actions to take. My wife asked if I could turn the voice down? I could not find any settings to do this. I chanced upon using the steering wheel volume buttons while the voice was giving instructions. Does anyone know of a setting other than this quick fix?
When the "booming voice" is speaking, lower the volume. Problem with this method is obvious, but it is effective. Good luck.