E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Another delayed delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Another delayed delivery

My highly specified e class break has been delayed for delivery. As of yet I have not been able to pin down the reason but mention has been made of certification problems with the new real world emission tests and earlier in April that the factory was not making any e class.
Am interested to know if anyone else has issues and what reasons they have been given. Mine is a French spec 220d executive so not the highly desired 63 range but it does have the all the toys excluding the pano roof.
it is all made worse by the fact my current car suffered flood damage last night so will not be available as a stop gap which was what I thought might be the case assuming mercedes extend3d the lease.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 AM
rox

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 E220d
I''ve ordered Euro-Spec E220d in February, and delivery date was delayed, because of WideScreen option (it got here few days ago). First time I hear about emission tests.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:59 PM

Thanks for response. Where are you? I ordered 21st Feb was your order earlier and how long was it delayed by?
not happy with my garage or mercedes finance as I wrote Monday trying to find out what is happening and what options there were to extend my lease and no response as yet. All complicated by the flash flood damage incurred tuesday but it seems from my insurers website the car is going to be repaired but I have no idea yet as to the actual extent of repairs or the timescale needed.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:40 AM
rox

2018 E220d
No problem, I,m from Croatia. My order was a bit earlier, it took place on 7th Feb. And it was delayed by almost a month (so you can expect yours soon).

When everything is OK, and there are no delays cars are usually here in less then 90 days.

If you're insured for flood damage, try to get a replacement vehicle form them.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Usually Widescreen is the problem from what MB said.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:56 AM

Thanks rox your info is very helpful better than my dealer! So I think we could be looking at just a 3-4 week max delay. I will let you know after I have spoken to my dealer Monday.
insurers have paid for a hertz hire car and I collected it this morning an opal astra 1.4 turbo.....I have 15 days max cover and then mercedes will have to help. I understand my car is repairable but quite how much work they are having to do and how long it will take I do not know yet.
Will update on the cause for delay.
astra is a manual change after11 yrs in mercedes it feels very strange😉
Old 06-04-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
The dual screen has had a global constraint for a year now. Our E Class had a 6.5 month build time because of it. The screen is holding you up.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Very interesting conversation with my sales rep. I believe my car has not been built. It is a 220d 4matic. He explained that there is a certification issue arising from the new EU RFD real world emission tests and pending it's resolution Mercdes are not building variants affected for the eu market. I am not a native French speaker so I may have missed some of the explanation but I am looking at a long delay.
he assured me mercedes will cover any increase in the registration cost should the co2 figure be revised upwards(We pay a tax according to co2 output the higher it is the more tax we pay).
out of interest rox was your car diesel or 4matic?
It is all a pain in the proverbial....but the sales rep says they will help with a car but I suspect I will have to pay something towards it.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:26 PM

Ok been.looking around the net. First I found the new brochure published early May showing revised consumption and emissions details. My car has gone from 126 co2g to 138. A change from the pollution tax of 140 euro to 860 euro so I hope Merc will pay the difference!
in addition an article explaining all that is going on across the industry in relation the new eu regs with the new testing. So I think my sales rep is on the money.
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest-fleet-news/2018/03/26/fears-that-co2mpas-figures-will-increase-bik-and-nic
As they say every cloud has a silver lining and I note the new brochure shows the e as having the new steering wheel as fitted to the new a with the cruise and limiter control on the steering wheel and not the old stalk.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:36 PM
rox

2018 E220d
Sad to hear that, hope you get it sooner.

Few days ago I've talked to my sales rep. and he told me about those new regulations for emission tests (something like consumption test in real conditions and that the CO2 categories will change). And because of that, tax and fees for emissions will increase.

My one is also Diesel, but RWD.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:18 PM

Firm info now provided. My car is being scheduled for build and should be here early Sept. Mercedes are providing a c class saloon (I am moving from a c 4matic break to the e break) which I am happy with. I do not know if there will be some cost or not but nothing was mentioned in my phone conversation.

The whole delay is related to the new WLTP emission tests which the USA has not signed up to but europe Japan and lots of other countries have. It has meant that all manufacturers have to retest all models and as a result there is a shortage of engineers and testing facilities. BMW have withdrawn some models and VW are stopping production over the summer for odd periods. Several plug in hybrids are not being built and orders are not being taken across the market.
The WLTP methods are resulting in increased c02 figs so many eu governments who tax on registration by co2 usage will be putting more money in the bank!
am really looking forward to getting the car and it is frustrating to have the same wait again but in the scheme of things it is a very lucky position to be in and is not actually a problem at all!