Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 03:33 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
none yet
1st time owner feedback

New Car review

Picked up on 05/05/18

As of today about 4500 miles.

It has been a while since I posted thought I would update everyone on my 2018 E400 sedan. To start I am a first time Mercedes owner I am coming from a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1/2ton. I will break this down by upgrades first and my thoughts.

E400Love the power. I knew I did not want a 4cyl. The 6 in this car delivers power so smoothly passing, taking off from light etc. it’s amazing. The ECO shutoff was annoying at first, kind of clunky on start and at idle. Now I don’t notice at all when it starts or stops. I have learned that when I am at a light and it turns green to let off the break and delay pushing the gas a second and its smooth. Now its second nature. Natural Grain Brown Ash wood this gets rid of the black lacquer center console really can’t say enough about how I like this. In all the cars I test drove I did not like the center console.Acoustic Comfort PackageOn smooth new pavement you absolutely cannot hear any road noise at all. Now on bad pavement or concrete highways it gets pretty noisy inside. Having said that I can’t say enough how I recommend this. Without it on those noisy roads it would be so much louder. I think tires and run flat tech lead to more noise but first time owner what do I know Premium 3 PKGThis is the pkg with all the bells and whistles and as I have never had tech in a car its pretty cool. The distronic cruise is fantastic slows on approach of cars in front speeds up automatically when they move cool. I don’t use the auto parking, but i do use the cameras to help. Love the HUD. The lane keeping assist thing is kind of annoying sometimes, as you have to keep hands on the wheel so you’re steering, yet its adding its two cents as well kind of a tug of war. Pano Roof Looks great, I wish there was a way to vent the roof with the sun shade closed Airbody control nothing to compare it to I feel the car rides great. In hard driving mountain conditions with the 4 matic it does a great job keeping the car level in hard curves corners etc Burmester High end 3D surround system absolutely love it. I listen to rock and country. I usually have to add a stereo and bass this set up is fantastic. Love the VIP seating function. Active Multi contour front seats. Did not get leather. Love the active side bolsters they inflate when driving around corners and curves kind of like a hug love it. Massage is great on long drives as it wakes up the muscles, it’s not a professional massage did not expect it to be, I like it.I also got the Ceramic PRO coating lifetime warranty on the paint yesterday I was sold when I I was told I would never have to wax or hard scrub again dirt would fall off. Pics included.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:42 PM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
You have discovered the HOLD-function of the brakes?
Just push the brake pedal firmly after stopping and the car will go in HOLD-mode so you don't have to push the brake pedal all the time.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:47 PM

none yet
Originally Posted by 78degrees
You have discovered the HOLD-function of the brakes?
Just push the brake pedal firmly after stopping and the car will go in HOLD-mode so you don't have to push the brake pedal all the time.
even with eco? its will just sit in traffic and not roll
ty
Old 07-14-2018, 06:27 PM

2018 E63S
HOLD works in all modes and has done this at least since the W211 came in 2003.
The following users liked this post:
dukester34 (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E400S
Great post. I have an E400S wagon picked up in May in Sindelfingen, with many of the same features as your sedan. I'm also new to MB, coming from a BMW and prior to that Audi (all wagons). I agree with your comments about the benefits of the acoustic package, air suspension and P3. These added $$ to the base price, but like you I'm glad I got them. Its amazing how the suspension and transmission mapping changes from comfort to sport mode.

My one disappointment, which might be due to me not figuring things out yet, is with the lack of an address book for navigation destinations. When I down loaded contacts from my iPhone, not a single address works. They all downloaded into the navigation data base OK, but selecting any individual address gives an error that details are missing, without any clue as to what the MB system is looking for. In my prior 10 year old 5-series BMW it was trivial to store a large number of addresses with user defined names (e.g. Doctors office, BBQ etc) so this is a huge pain in the butt. What's your experience with navigation?
The following users liked this post:
dukester34 (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Lexus RX350
It’s a beauty congrats!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:30 PM

2018 E63S
I'm using the address book from my Android-phone for navigation.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:36 PM

none yet
Originally Posted by 78degrees
HOLD works in all modes and has done this at least since the W211 came in 2003.
got it took me a min but yes and it displays an icon that says hold on dash ty cool what else
Old 07-14-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Any interior shots? What size wheels?
Thanks for the review. I’ll be ordering an E450 sedan soon, spec’d like yours except for the pano roof. Glad to hear that the massage seats and acoustic package seem worth it.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:40 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe
"My one disappointment, which might be due to me not figuring things out yet, is with the lack of an address book for navigation destinations."

Since it happened to me:
At the time I had entered contacts on my phone,area codes won't required,& I never put them in.

Now of course they won't work without them.