E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

E300 2018 Rattles. Where to fix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
Angry E300 2018 Rattles. Where to fix?

I leased a brand new E300 2018 just 6 months ago and it has rattles already. Sometimes it's really bad, sometimes it's just enough to annoy me. I'm in the Bay Area, which dealer would actually fix this and give me a loaner?

My E300 also sometimes show "Assistant Driving is not working" warning on screen. Is that any easy fix?

Are all these issues covered in the warranty of a leased car?

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2018, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by newE300owner
I leased a brand new E300 2018 just 6 months ago and it has rattles already. Sometimes it's really bad, sometimes it's just enough to annoy me. I'm in the Bay Area, which dealer would actually fix this and give me a loaner?

My E300 also sometimes show "Assistant Driving is not working" warning on screen. Is that any easy fix?

Are all these issues covered in the warranty of a leased car?

Thanks,
Yes, of course a leased car is entitled to the full warranty a purchased car gets. Schedule an appointment at a MB Dealer and they'll address your issues.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
c class
Avoid the dealers in SF and immediate surrounding ! they are just too busy and deal with so many noise issues that whenever i have had a noise issue I could see the SA roll their eyes HARD ! i mean not really but I could just feel.

i have the thing that lets me know when my car is started , switched off and I noticed most of the time they just let it sit then claim they couldn’t duplicate the problem, skip the BS schedule a test drive with a technician

mercedes benz of marin is where I go for regular maintenance and hardware issues but noise and other things they claim to have fixed without really fixing I drive all the way to the Fairfield dealership

they bring back my car and take their loaner
Old 07-24-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Audi S5
Not worth going to the dealership for rattles unless they are truly horrible. The dealership will likely either do nothing, or cause more harm than good, or other rattles will pop up anyway. Rattles seem to be common in the E-Class... I test drove four brand new ones when I was shopping for a car, and three out of the four already had annoying rattles.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by visualguy
Not worth going to the dealership for rattles unless they are truly horrible. The dealership will likely either do nothing, or cause more harm than good, or other rattles will pop up anyway. Rattles seem to be common in the E-Class... I test drove four brand new ones when I was shopping for a car, and three out of the four already had annoying rattles.
That's in interesting perspective. In my test drives, I've driven 4 different E cars, and not one of them has exhibited any rattles at all, even on roads less than smooth. If my car rattled, I'd take it in and expect them to fix it.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:22 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Sam Manuel
Avoid the dealers in SF and immediate surrounding ! they are just too busy and deal with so many noise issues that whenever i have had a noise issue I could see the SA roll their eyes HARD ! i mean not really but I could just feel.
Yup. Bay Area car dealerships have a famous motto: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here because we are way too busy to care".
Old 07-24-2018, 06:45 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Yup. Bay Area car dealerships have a famous motto: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here because we are way too busy to care".
Bay Area in general has its own issues.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by dudley07726
Bay Area in general has its own issues.
Right, although I can't really say that my experience with car dealership service departments was much better in some other parts of the country (NY/NJ, San Diego).
Old 07-24-2018, 11:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E250
I hope not

I really hope you're exaggerating because I am waiting on my first MB in 5 weeks and I hate rattles. In fact, I choose the E because I was told/read the build quality was up there, much better than the C, GLC etc... Perhaps I was misinformed
Old 07-25-2018, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
Ugh, bay area here and no rattles have been fixed. They wont even fix my brake squeal. Anyway, you are better off trying to locate it yourself and fixing it yourself. There is a small plastic cover on the right side of the passenger footwell by the door opening. Its an access panel. I found out that was rattling and put some felt tape on it. I have another rattle coming from the passenger seat I think but I cannot locate it.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:13 AM

Audi S5
On two of the ones I test drove there was a rattle that seemed to come from somewhere in the middle of the dashboard, and on the third one there was a really annoying rattle from the driver's seat.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mister__p
I really hope you're exaggerating because I am waiting on my first MB in 5 weeks and I hate rattles. In fact, I choose the E because I was told/read the build quality was up there, much better than the C, GLC etc... Perhaps I was misinformed
I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. And maybe the Bay area is different, but most MB dealers will take really great care of you if you have any rattles or issues. Mine certainly does.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
c class
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. And maybe the Bay area is different, but most MB dealers will take really great care of you if you have any rattles or issues. Mine certainly does.
i agrée ! or they pretend to care lol I have made like over 50 trips to my local dealer to the point where I know their names but not once did I encounter a negative or unfriendly person in the service dept

they are nice for sure but also**inefficient but that’s a whole other lol*

i do agree that it’s best to attempt fixing these things yourself , you had be shocked how much I fixed using the little furniture moving pieces*

with my constant noise complaints they killed my door, I now have to slam it so it can close properly one time it opened its self on the highway but I rather not go back to deal quit , i will let the guy i see the car to next fix it.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:32 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Sam Manuel

i agrée ! or they pretend to care lol I have made like over 50 trips to my local dealer to the point where I know their names but not once did I encounter a negative or unfriendly person in the service dept

they are nice for sure but also**inefficient but that’s a whole other lol*

i do agree that it’s best to attempt fixing these things yourself , you had be shocked how much I fixed using the little furniture moving pieces*

with my constant noise complaints they killed my door, I now have to slam it so it can close properly one time it opened its self on the highway but I rather not go back to deal quit , i will let the guy i see the car to next fix it.
They aren't unfriendly... The problem is their inability to get things right, and causing other damage as happened to you. I stay away as much as possible.