Got the car.. a couple questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Got the car.. a couple questions

Got my new E300 today and so far i have been enjoying it!

I do have a couple questions:

1. Is there any way to link up the eco start/stop to a dynamic driving profile? I dont like having it on. I know is the 2017 C300 you could turn it off in individual mode.

2. On BT audio, if i raise my iPhone X volume it raises the streaming audio output volume. I dont want these to be intertwined this way.

3. I have the warmth and comfort package. How can i get the center console and side padding to heat?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-24-2018, 03:13 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
1 - there's a module for this. I think Mid City Engineering do it. There's also a Ukrainian on ebay with it as well if my memory serves me well. Use the search.

2 - So you're steaming from your fone at a certain volume level. You turn the volume up on your fone but don't want this reflected in the car. You've boosted the signal. That means the volume goes up. That's how it works.

3 - read your manual. It should be in there somewhere. Else use the online version in your car...
Old 07-24-2018, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by bmms8

1. Is there any way to link up the eco start/stop to a dynamic driving profile? I dont like having it on. I know is the 2017 C300 you could turn it off in individual mode.

2. On BT audio, if i raise my iPhone X volume it raises the streaming audio output volume. I dont want these to be intertwined this way.

3. I have the warmth and comfort package. How can i get the center console and side padding to heat?

1. You can program a I* (for individual) setting in your car to not have eco start/stop on. Go to Car Settings and that's where you can program that. Every time you get in the car however, you have to select the custom setting with the top left button on the command center console
2. Normal behavior
3. Advice to read owners manual would be the best option

Congrats on your car!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:24 AM

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350

Sadly, eliminated in 2018 model. Now the option is to turn on/off ESP (traction ctrl). Press the console button or go 3rd party seems to be the only options.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Thank you all for the responses!

I can confirm there is no way to turn off eco start stop via dynamic individual setting.

Ill look in the manual in regards to the heating stuff

As far as volume goes im really disappointed about that. No other car i have operates that way and its a bit of a let down. Id like to control entertainment, radio, and call volume via the car and not have it affect my phone volume :/
Old 07-24-2018, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can confirm there is no way to turn off eco start stop via dynamic individual setting.

Ill look in the manual in regards to the heating stuff

As far as volume goes im really disappointed about that. No other car i have operates that way and its a bit of a let down. Id like to control entertainment, radio, and call volume via the car and not have it affect my phone volume :/
Sorry for suggesting something you can't do any longer. The eco start/stop is a disappointment to me as I'll be getting a 2019 E450 when it gets built.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Originally Posted by Cao Black
Sadly, eliminated in 2018 model. Now the option is to turn on/off ESP (traction ctrl). Press the console button or go 3rd party seems to be the only options.
Interesting as I actually like the setup in the 2018 better. With the previous setup if you switched from say comfort to sport the eco off would reactivate, this way you turn it off once and it's off for the entirety of your drive (of course it would be far better if it stayed off permanently).
Old 07-25-2018, 06:59 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban

This isn't what you said initially. You said in your first post that when you adjust the volume on your Iphone X the sound in the vehicle increases. That is normal. Now it appears that you are saying that if you turn the volume on the infotainment system, the volume setting on your phone changes. That isn't normal at least not on any phone I've used. So which phenomenon are you actually experiencing?
Old 07-25-2018, 07:34 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E400S

As others have posted you cannot. I'm trying to get used to making a routine for when I get in the car: turn on ignition and start engine, put on seat belt AND turn off the eco start/stop. I'm still working on getting 100%, but I'll get there eventually, and so will you I hope.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
I ordered the eco off from mid city engineering before I went to the dealer ship to buy my 2018 e class. And I had it installed before I had the windows tinted. The module gives you the ability to turn off or on the auto start/stop at any point and it makes ownership very pleasant. This summer I’m getting the piano black console replaced and I can turn to completely enjoying my car.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by CarFan1
This isn't what you said initially. You said in your first post that when you adjust the volume on your Iphone X the sound in the vehicle increases. That is normal. Now it appears that you are saying that if you turn the volume on the infotainment system, the volume setting on your phone changes. That isn't normal at least not on any phone I've used. So which phenomenon are you actually experiencing?
im experiencing both phenomenons actually. I’m also on the public beta for iOS 12 but not sure if that has anything to do with it
Old 07-26-2018, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

im experiencing both phenomenons actually. I’m also on the public beta for iOS 12 but not sure if that has anything to do with it
Good chance it's the Beta software. Remember, it's not ready for prime time. You should file a bug report with Apple as that's the whole purpose of having beta testers out there.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Good chance it's the Beta software. Remember, it's not ready for prime time. You should file a bug report with Apple as that's the whole purpose of having beta testers out there.
Already did

Im really enjoying the car and how smooth it is!

Still need to get use to more voice commands
Old 07-26-2018, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Already did

Im really enjoying the car and how smooth it is!

Still need to get use to more voice commands
Glad you're enjoying the car. It's filled with amazing tech and just oozles quality!