E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

MB Extended warranty pricing on e class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 11:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
MB Extended warranty pricing on e class

Any thoughts on what is the fair price for extended warranty for new e class?
Old 07-25-2018, 01:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E250
In my country, MB only offer 2 years warranty on the new E 250 class. To extend it to 5 years, it costs 7,500 USD which includes normal service costs ( maybe 500 USD per service once every year x 3 years ) so we're talking about 6,000USD for an extra 3 years of warranty. To put it in some perspective, the car cost is 88,000 USD so the extra 3 years warranty is about 8% of the car's cost.

I imagine an extended warranty is alot cheaper where you are.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I would like to ask if it's insane to pay 6,000 USD for an extra 3 years warranty. How likely might something seriously go wrong in year 3,4,5 that did not go wrong in year 1 and 2 ? . Nb I live in a country where the car is taxed ~100% so everything costs nearly double hence the 88k USD for an E250

From my previous experience owning new cars, not much went wrong in the first 5 years except for my better half's VW which had the infamous double clutch replaced. That would have cost 2500USD to replace if we paid for it without negotiating or accepting any goodwill deductions. However, as MB's are expensive to fix, I do not wish to be too quick dismissing the extended warranty but 6000USD is alot of money, enough for an engine replacement + more...?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance

Last edited by mister__p; 07-25-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
Originally Posted by mister__p
In my country, MB only offer 2 years warranty on the new E 250 class. To extend it to 5 years, it costs 7,500 USD which includes normal service costs ( maybe 500 USD per service once every year x 3 years ) so we're talking about 6,000USD for an extra 3 years of warranty. To put it in some perspective, the car cost is 88,000 USD so the extra 3 years warranty is about 8% of the car's cost.

I imagine an extended warranty is alot cheaper where you are.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I would like to ask if it's insane to pay 6,000 USD for an extra 3 years warranty. How likely might something seriously go wrong in year 3,4,5 that did not go wrong in year 1 and 2 ? . Nb I live in a country where the car is taxed ~100% so everything costs nearly double hence the 88k USD for an E250

From my previous experience owning new cars, not much went wrong in the first 5 years except for my better half's VW which had the infamous double clutch replaced. That would have cost 2500USD to replace if we paid for it without negotiating or accepting any goodwill deductions. However, as MB's are expensive to fix, I do not wish to be too quick dismissing the extended warranty but 6000USD is alot of money, enough for an engine replacement + more...?

Thanks in advance
​​​​​​​no worries. Yes agree 6000 is lot of money for three years but I suppose it depends on what is the repair cost of cars in your country?