E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Live traffic not working and MBrace support useless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 07:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 e300
I've had this car for two years and it has grown on me. There are so many things that I would hate to lose in another car. The new command system sounds great - and when my lease is up in two it will hopefully be in the new cars.(Plus wireless Car Play!) But these glitches can indeed be maddening.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e300 2017
For the amount of money we pay every month to MB we deserve better. This is MB for God's sake, not a cheap car. My dealer doesn't have a clue. As I read previous posts, none knows what's going on.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:44 PM

e300 2017
Originally Posted by sb45
I’ve spent over an hour on the phone with their customer assistance trying to get traffic to work. I found out other things, like remote start, were also not working. They claim there should have been an update done, and they are attempting to do it. My dealer, Viti, did not even know about the update, so they are bringng it in. The other issue I found out about is that electrical issue in the 2017 E300 can short out some of the transmission features. The internet also does not work. I’ve had two instances when the car would not start, even though lights and everything else was working. I think they need to replace the electrical system in the car.
Fyi I also had an issue with the car brake dust being ridiculously heavy, when I got the car. They eventually changed the pads and the issue went away.
This E is an exciting car, but obviously has some issues.
Live traffic services are provided by TomTom. Check my posts of today.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:11 PM

2017 e300
Mine doesn't say who provides it (though MB had said Sirius) - regardless, mine says it is live for another year. We'll see whether the hardware fix later this week does the trick.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:10 PM

e300
I’ve spent over an hour on the phone with their customer assistance trying to get traffic to work. I found out other things, like remote start, were also not working. They claim there should have been an update done, and they are attempting to do it. My dealer, Viti, did not even know about the update, so they are bringng it in. The other issue I found out about is that electrical issue in the 2017 E300 can short out some of the transmission features. The internet also does not work. I’ve had two instances when the car would not start, even though lights and everything else was working. I think they need to replace the electrical system in the car.
Fyi I also had an issue with the car brake dust being ridiculously heavy, when I got the car. They eventually changed the pads and the issue went away.
This E is an exciting car, but obviously has some issues.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:22 PM

e300
Oops. That was one I wrote awhile ago, but forgot to send.
I guess I need to update it.
My car was at the dealer for service for a couple of days getting Mbrace fixed. The issue for poor map, no traffic, no remote start, etc. is hopefully fully repaired. The issue is that MB is really terrible at communicating with their customers, dealers and suppliers. The issue was something that should have been addressed months ago. It really didn’t slip through the cracks, for it never even had a chance to do that. It never got to anyone that needed to know. I dont know why I had to call the corporate office to get something done. That shouldn’t be, when spending $$ on a high end car.
I may be out of line, but I think, based on my experience with this car, MB needs to bring in some new folks to run the USA. This MB just doesn’t get it.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:24 AM

e300 2017
Originally Posted by sb45
Oops. That was one I wrote awhile ago, but forgot to send.
I guess I need to update it.
My car was at the dealer for service for a couple of days getting Mbrace fixed. The issue for poor map, no traffic, no remote start, etc. is hopefully fully repaired. The issue is that MB is really terrible at communicating with their customers, dealers and suppliers. The issue was something that should have been addressed months ago. It really didn’t slip through the cracks, for it never even had a chance to do that. It never got to anyone that needed to know. I dont know why I had to call the corporate office to get something done. That shouldn’t be, when spending $$ on a high end car.
I may be out of line, but I think, based on my experience with this car, MB needs to bring in some new folks to run the USA. This MB just doesn’t get it.
I agree. MB doesn't have a clue on what's happening with Live Traffic. I posted before that service is provided by TomTom. MBrace has nothing to do with it. BTW, MB app is a joke. Remote start never works. It takes forever for any function to work. You are right, MB USA needs a better management.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
I've never had an issue with any Mercedes me functions. Remote start works within 15 seconds every time. The same is true with the vehicle location function. My Live Traffic says it is provided by SiriusXM. It works OK for what it is.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:26 PM

e300 2017
Originally Posted by ua549
I've never had an issue with any Mercedes me functions. Remote start works within 15 seconds every time. The same is true with the vehicle location function. My Live Traffic says it is provided by SiriusXM. It works OK for what it is.
Beautiful, but there is a lot of us with a lots of problems with our cars. Hope you read all comments. My wife's car has Sirius as a live traffic provider also, no problems. I have TOMTOM as provider, see my previous post. MB and me... different experience.. Good day.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
Are you in the US? If so, I'm curious as to the reason there are different traffic advisor vendors for the W213 in the same marketing region at the same time.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:55 PM

E300
Thumbs down Live Traffic Problems - Expect Month Long Fix

I received news today from the Mercedes service department to whom I took my E-300 when Live Traffic permanently stopped working that I should expect up to an additional month for the problem to be fixed. Per the service manager this problem has been occurring regularly. Some experience it as occasional loss of service and some, like me, have the sporadic service followed by a permanent loss. It is unknown if the problem originates with the cars particular Hermès module or if it is a software issue. (One reason for the long service delay is that communications with the Mercedes engineering offices is only by email and takes a minimum of 24 hours for each communication and response; perhaps because of the time difference between California and Germany). Even though this is hardly new technology and can be found in every car model, Mercedes seems to have a hard time making it work in their so-called luxury automobiles. If Mercedes really wants the public to heed its motto, All or Nothing At All, it would be best to not buy a Mercedes at all.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:19 AM

e300 2017
Originally Posted by ua549
Are you in the US? If so, I'm curious as to the reason there are different traffic advisor vendors for the W213 in the same marketing region at the same time.
California, Los Angeles.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:21 AM

e300 2017
Originally Posted by tpenny
I received news today from the Mercedes service department to whom I took my E-300 when Live Traffic permanently stopped working that I should expect up to an additional month for the problem to be fixed. Per the service manager this problem has been occurring regularly. Some experience it as occasional loss of service and some, like me, have the sporadic service followed by a permanent loss. It is unknown if the problem originates with the cars particular Hermès module or if it is a software issue. (One reason for the long service delay is that communications with the Mercedes engineering offices is only by email and takes a minimum of 24 hours for each communication and response; perhaps because of the time difference between California and Germany). Even though this is hardly new technology and can be found in every car model, Mercedes seems to have a hard time making it work in their so-called luxury automobiles. If Mercedes really wants the public to heed its motto, All or Nothing At All, it would be best to not buy a Mercedes at all.
In other words: They don't have a clue. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:34 PM

E300
Originally Posted by eltatum
In other words: They don't have a clue. Thanks.
Exactly.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:16 PM

2017 e300
SOLVED - at least, I hope. My dealer narrowed down the issue to the Hermes control module. They replaced it and all is back to normal with live traffic working. (For now.)
The following users liked this post:
lensjack (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E Class Black
Did the software update solve the problem with the Live Traffic?
Old 12-12-2019, 01:05 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
E300
Anyone able to successfully renew their live traffic after 3 year trial?
Old 12-12-2019, 03:12 PM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
Live traffic

Originally Posted by Cerave
I’m afraid it’s not possible to renew Livetraffic. Mercedes has terminated its relationship with Tomtom, which provided live traffic for 2017 models. The have not offered any alternative. They also have not bothered to communicate this information to their customers. That’s why, after buying seven new Mercedes cars in a row, my next car will be a different make. This arrogant treatment of customers is just unacceptable.
JAZZYBLUESY (07-21-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
I contacted MBrace Tech Support today because my LiveTraffic has been down for 2 days. I was told that it is not working for any customer due to an ongoing dispute with TomTom. I told them that when you can readily get live traffic information on a lower-end Hyundai, Toyota, etc vehicle costing tens of thousands of dollars less than a Mercedes, this level of customer service is completely unacceptable, especially in a car costing $80K. Mercedes didn't even provide their customers with a courtesy notification of the issue and, after talking to the MBrace rep, it doesn't sound like a solution is in sight.

This definitely will influence my decision to buy (or not to buy) another Mercedes in the future.
JAZZYBLUESY (07-21-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 10:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E450 Wagon, GLC300, E550
Originally Posted by Cerave
My 2012 E550 had Sirius live traffic, but I did not keep the Sirius radio. After traffic expired from MB, I paid $10/month to Sirius to keep it. I suspect you can get the service for fee from TomTom or Sirius.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 518 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by CaprichioArabe
My 2012 E550 had Sirius live traffic, but I did not keep the Sirius radio. After traffic expired from MB, I paid $10/month to Sirius to keep it. I suspect you can get the service for fee from TomTom or Sirius.
I don't think you can with TomTom. I don't think the Sirius is comparable with the 2017 models either and there lies the problem. I feel bad for the 2017 owners and I think it affects the early 2018 models too from what I've heard.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 2020 E450 Wagon
Does the dispute with TomTom really affect only 2017 and early 2018 models? MB build tool for 2020 E450 wagon still lists 3 years of real time traffic feed from TomTom...Last week MB customer rep told me that a 2020 owner can subscribe to the feed after 3 years, but there wasn't much confidence in her voice.