E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Typically how long before Mercedes confirms order acceptance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
Typically how long before Mercedes confirms order acceptance

Our dealer just placed an order for E 53 with Head Up Display. Per our dealer, HUD are limited supply and MB may not accept the order. does anyone know how long MB takes to accept or reject the order?

thanks in advance
Sandeep
Old 08-01-2018, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by infamily
Our dealer just placed an order for E 53 with Head Up Display. Per our dealer, HUD are limited supply and MB may not accept the order. does anyone know how long MB takes to accept or reject the order?

thanks in advance
Sandeep
It will be entered into NetStar, but it could be a couple weeks before they come back and say HUD may not be available for the build period you've been given. At that point you'll have the opportunity to delete the option and have the car built or wait until you can get the option in the build. That choice will be yours.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
Thanks
so if I want HUD, they keep our order in the system till it is available or we will need to try placing another order few months down ?
Old 08-01-2018, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Thanks
so if I want HUD, they keep our order in the system till it is available or we will need to try placing another order few months down ?
They'll push out the build date if you still want HUD and it's not available for the date your car is slotted for. When an order goes into NetStar, it's assigned a build month and week. If HUD isn't available at that time, you can go ahead and build the car without it, or wait till it's available. You shouldn't have to put in a new order. To me, HUD isn't important enough to delay the car. It doesn't work very well with polarized sunglasses during daytime driving, so keep that in mind if you live somewhere where you'll be wearing polarized sunglasses a lot.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
E Class
Thanks
Supposedly what my dealership told me for the HUD is that the delay is only on the vehicles that the dealerships order. If they’re ordering it for a customers vehicle there will be no delay. This is in Canada. Now onto order approval, for some reason my order still hasn’t been approved. The dealership placed it back in May and they keep telling me they’re waiting for MB Canada approval. I might phone MB Customer service tomorrow morning and try to figure out whats going on as we were told the vehicle was going to be built in July or August when we were placing the deposit down. Your mileage may vary depending on where you live since a lot of people in the United States have already been assigned build dates on their E Classes and some were built as early as June.

Last edited by KingScrubs; 08-21-2018 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Made a typo