E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Ownership report, 2018 W213

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Mercedes E300, 2015 Porsche Boxster S, 2012 Volvo S80 3.2
Ownership report, 2018 W213

Now that there is about 1200 miles on our 2018 W213, here is a "brief" early ownership report.

My wife really likes "her" car. That should be all that needs to be said! I also enjoy driving the car, as much as I enjoy driving my Porsche, but for different reasons. Both cars are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

That being said........

1. I don't care for the gearshift lever arrangement on the steering column. I realize it opens up lots of room on the console, but having the "shifter" on the column just feels "unnatural". (I know, the shifter used to be on the column, many years ago!)

2. The seat should have a memory that allows the seat to move back, by itself, when exiting the car. Yes, programming and using the buttons is a good work around, but not having to do this manually on such a tech laden car would be better.

3. In general, the ride is excellent. (standard suspension, "sport model", Pirelli P7 tires, AMG package, slightly more inflation pressure, etc. 36/37 psi. Rides much better than our 2012 Volvo S80.

4. At high speeds, 75+ mph, the steering becomes slightly "twitchy" when going into a headwind. Not noticeable with a tail wind though. (Perhaps we are just used to front wheel drive cars which inherently are more stable at high speeds?.......although my Porsche is perfect at every speed!)....very different cars though.

5 A new sound has developed. After coming back from a long trip, and shutting the engine off, there is a "tapping" sound that appears to be coming from the area under the car, and around the front exhaust muffler. It sounds like taking a key and tapping it against the tailpipe. After awhile, the sound stops. I took it over to the dealer, and we "crawled around" under the car, and what maybe is happening is that water discharged from the A/C unit is dripping on the exhaust system, and causing a rapid change in temperature of the exhaust pipe in that spot??. The sound just started, and didn't exist for the first thousand miles! (years ago I had a car that made this same type of sound as heat shields were touching the exhaust pipe and the sound was expansion/contraction) Next week I will "crawl around" under the car and see if any of the heat shield are perhaps touching the exhaust system, or if the A/C discharge can be re-directed away from the exhaust pipe. (It's a Mercedes,.....it shouldn't make this kind of noise!) (The noise is most noticeable in the garage, where sounds are amplified)

6 Have never had a car with run flat tires. Hope I never have to experience a flat with these.

7 The seat massage, and cooling and heating is wonderful.....and the way the seat holds you in place around corners, is great! Great feeling and great looking seats (Designo) I still pronounce this "Design O" though!

8 We have the acoustic option, and it is very quiet and serene in the car. Very nice.

9 We have the "AMG" package, and the wheels are beautiful, but even better is the black headliner in the car. Very elegant along with the panoramic sliding sun roof.

10 The 4 cylinder motor is very efficient. Noisy, but efficient. Power level and response is very good, and fuel economy is excellent. This past weekend we drove from Tampa to Naples Florida on Interstate 75. Although rated at 30 mpg highway,...... at an average speed of 80+ mpg we got 33 mpg into a head wind On our return trip, from Naples to Tampa, we were going a little slower......75 mph....and we got 34.5 mpg. Certainly can't complain about that! (By the way, the best car museum in the country is in Naples, Florida.....the Revs Institute. I have been to the Lemay collection in Tacoma, Washington, and the Lane Museum in Nashville, and the Barber Motorsports collection in Birmingham and the museum at the Indianapolis Speedway, as well as numerous other automobile museums The Revs Institute is the best, in my opinion. Google it for more information, if you are interested.

11 The "piano black" finish on the console is worrisome. Although it hasn't happened yet, I see that area getting damaged real easily.

12 I cant find a set of splash guards for this car, that fits without modification. (I know, splash guards....AKA mud flaps are somewhat ugly, but wide tires kick up lots of dirt on the sides of the car, which is even uglier). I bought a set from a company out of China, and they don't fit well at all. They are still sitting on my work bench. I suppose I would even be willing to pay Mercedes exorbitant price if they fit well, and don't have any writing on them!

13 By the way, the engine has an old fashioned dip stick to check the oil......hooray! .........and the tire pressure monitoring sensors not only tell you the tire pressure at each tire, but the temperature as well.....WOW!

14 We have a German last name. The voice recognition wont recognize our German name.......imagine that! We have to "mispronounce" our name for the voice recognition to recognize our name to use the phone system! Funny.

Overall the W213 is a very nice car, and we have no regrets. We are still learning how to use the many features this car has. Any and all the "issues" and comments will get worked out and/or resolved as we enjoy our Mercedes.

Last edited by amf77; 08-02-2018 at 02:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tonecas (08-30-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
E63, 335d, C250
Congrats AMF77. My nickel's worth about the run flat tires... Mercedes' has their own custom run flats which are a thousand percent better than the BMW run flats I've experienced on 2 different models. On one car I actual swapped them out for normal tires due to the ride being so harsh. Mercedes, thankfully, got their's right. I didn't truly appreciate the run-flats until I ran over a 3/4 inch bolt on the interstate which was sticking up from a seam in the concrete. I didn't see it but I heard the tire blow and immediately my dash board warnings activating (warning me about tire pressure loss and to reduce speed). Because I was on run-flats, I drove the last 5 miles to the office, waiting for the dealership to open, then drove the car on the "flat" tire to get a replacement. I hate to think what couldn't happened had a blow-out occurred on a regular tire at 70+ mph.
The following 2 users liked this post by Benz44:
arnsbrae (08-29-2018), tonecas (08-30-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Nice Write up I love the new interiors on the E-class...... we get an E300 as a loaner when we service our cars and frankly if ya want a daily driver that's quiet and comfortable and just a nice drive... get one. But the wife and I are both lead foots so went with the Bi-Turbo V8's
Old 08-03-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
Great write-up and continue enjoying your car. The piano black trim pieces are beautiful, but It scratches very, very, very easily.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 242 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
Removed
Old 08-29-2018, 10:40 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Lexus RX350
Awesome write up!
Old 08-31-2018, 03:49 AM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Point 12:

Splash guards (aka Mudflaps). I have an AMG Line Estate on order and have just found some mudflaps on ebay specifically for AMG Estate (from China). I know Mercedes only do mudflaps for non AMG Line cars in Europe so will be interested to see how they fit. Have seen AMG Line ones for saloons as well and someone on here bought these and then modified them. Soon as I get them on the car (not likely till mid Oct I'm afraid) I'll let you know what they are like and I can share a link via PM if you like?
Old 09-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Hi Bfgslkman.....thanks for your reply regarding splash guards. (mud flaps). I will be interested in your findings, although I have no idea if the Estate.....which I assume is what we call a "station wagon" here in the US.... if the splash guards will be the same as the sedan (saloon). My W213 E300 has the "AMG" appearance package. I always put splash guards on every car I buy, as I find the wide wheels make the sides of cars very dirty. (No, I don't have splash guards on my Porsche!) If you want to post a report on the splash guards here, I am sure others would be interested. If not, then PM me. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by amf77
Now that there is about 1200 miles on our 2018 W213, here is a "brief" early ownership report.

My wife really likes "her" car. That should be all that needs to be said! I also enjoy driving the car, as much as I enjoy driving my Porsche, but for different reasons. Both cars are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

That being said........

1. I don't care for the gearshift lever arrangement on the steering column. I realize it opens up lots of room on the console, but having the "shifter" on the column just feels "unnatural". (I know, the shifter used to be on the column, many years ago!)

2. The seat should have a memory that allows the seat to move back, by itself, when exiting the car. Yes, programming and using the buttons is a good work around, but not having to do this manually on such a tech laden car would be better.

3. In general, the ride is excellent. (standard suspension, "sport model", Pirelli P7 tires, AMG package, slightly more inflation pressure, etc. 36/37 psi. Rides much better than our 2012 Volvo S80.

4. At high speeds, 75+ mph, the steering becomes slightly "twitchy" when going into a headwind. Not noticeable with a tail wind though. (Perhaps we are just used to front wheel drive cars which inherently are more stable at high speeds?.......although my Porsche is perfect at every speed!)....very different cars though.

5 A new sound has developed. After coming back from a long trip, and shutting the engine off, there is a "tapping" sound that appears to be coming from the area under the car, and around the front exhaust muffler. It sounds like taking a key and tapping it against the tailpipe. After awhile, the sound stops. I took it over to the dealer, and we "crawled around" under the car, and what maybe is happening is that water discharged from the A/C unit is dripping on the exhaust system, and causing a rapid change in temperature of the exhaust pipe in that spot??. The sound just started, and didn't exist for the first thousand miles! (years ago I had a car that made this same type of sound as heat shields were touching the exhaust pipe and the sound was expansion/contraction) Next week I will "crawl around" under the car and see if any of the heat shield are perhaps touching the exhaust system, or if the A/C discharge can be re-directed away from the exhaust pipe. (It's a Mercedes,.....it shouldn't make this kind of noise!) (The noise is most noticeable in the garage, where sounds are amplified)

6 Have never had a car with run flat tires. Hope I never have to experience a flat with these.

7 The seat massage, and cooling and heating is wonderful.....and the way the seat holds you in place around corners, is great! Great feeling and great looking seats (Designo) I still pronounce this "Design O" though!

8 We have the acoustic option, and it is very quiet and serene in the car. Very nice.

9 We have the "AMG" package, and the wheels are beautiful, but even better is the black headliner in the car. Very elegant along with the panoramic sliding sun roof.

10 The 4 cylinder motor is very efficient. Noisy, but efficient. Power level and response is very good, and fuel economy is excellent. This past weekend we drove from Tampa to Naples Florida on Interstate 75. Although rated at 30 mpg highway,...... at an average speed of 80+ mpg we got 33 mpg into a head wind On our return trip, from Naples to Tampa, we were going a little slower......75 mph....and we got 34.5 mpg. Certainly can't complain about that! (By the way, the best car museum in the country is in Naples, Florida.....the Revs Institute. I have been to the Lemay collection in Tacoma, Washington, and the Lane Museum in Nashville, and the Barber Motorsports collection in Birmingham and the museum at the Indianapolis Speedway, as well as numerous other automobile museums The Revs Institute is the best, in my opinion. Google it for more information, if you are interested.

11 The "piano black" finish on the console is worrisome. Although it hasn't happened yet, I see that area getting damaged real easily.

12 I cant find a set of splash guards for this car, that fits without modification. (I know, splash guards....AKA mud flaps are somewhat ugly, but wide tires kick up lots of dirt on the sides of the car, which is even uglier). I bought a set from a company out of China, and they don't fit well at all. They are still sitting on my work bench. I suppose I would even be willing to pay Mercedes exorbitant price if they fit well, and don't have any writing on them!

13 By the way, the engine has an old fashioned dip stick to check the oil......hooray! .........and the tire pressure monitoring sensors not only tell you the tire pressure at each tire, but the temperature as well.....WOW!

14 We have a German last name. The voice recognition wont recognize our German name.......imagine that! We have to "mispronounce" our name for the voice recognition to recognize our name to use the phone system! Funny.

Overall the W213 is a very nice car, and we have no regrets. We are still learning how to use the many features this car has. Any and all the "issues" and comments will get worked out and/or resolved as we enjoy our Mercedes.

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
No offense (take the flame suit off! :-), but the implication you're making is people who can afford a higher end car, aren't concerned with fuel economy. Saving money is one thing for sure. But perhaps knowing we're depleting less of the worlds oil and gas reserves is a good thing too?
I absolutely love my car for all it is and it’s capabilities. I have driven friends in Sports and Sports+ mode and they were blown away and thought it was a V8. I had to pop the hood and show them what was under it

A couple months ago I was at my local car wash and the owner came out admiring the car. As I walked towards the cashier he continued to walk and talk with me. Said he has had just about every car with the exception of a Mercedes. He currently has a viper and a V8 Cady. Took him for a test drive by a secluded area by me that has full view of the area with elevation and turns, the same one I drove my friends last year . He was absolutely blown away and said it doesn’t get better than that. I floored it, car hugged the curves and geared down on it own. He also could not believe that this was only a turbocharged 4 cylinder and said the car made his Cady seemed like a 4 cylinder instead of 8. Although his Viper was fast didn’t have the handling ability and stability.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
interesting the idea of putting mud flaps. several years ago they were mandatory. don't know how this thing stopped being a mandatory part since without that there is a lot of spray to cars behind when raining or when the streets are dirty. i mean, this is a safety issue that was removed for beauty reasons as I see it.

anyway, i find this curious because i recall seeing a video about an AMG where they said that they had improved the small mud flap for aerodynamics (!!). i was never a guy for mods, as i don't like to mess around with mechanics and electronics - i trust the guys that built the car know their stuff and set the parameters so to have the car last longer and be more secure - but the mud flap thing is relevant because not only for the sprays to other cars but also for not fill with mud the car itself.

so i would also like to see images of some implementations from you guys and if you felt any issue with them, like a more noisy ride.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
A splash guard solution from the AMG forum here.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic
Originally Posted by haibieb
Great write-up and continue enjoying your car. The piano black trim pieces are beautiful, but It scratches very, very, very easily.
Have the 3M Xpel that is used for clear bras on the hood put on the console. That should prevent scratches.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:02 AM

Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Hi Bfgslkman.....thanks for your reply regarding splash guards. (mud flaps). I will be interested in your findings, although I have no idea if the Estate.....which I assume is what we call a "station wagon" here in the US.... if the splash guards will be the same as the sedan (saloon). My W213 E300 has the "AMG" appearance package. I always put splash guards on every car I buy, as I find the wide wheels make the sides of cars very dirty. (No, I don't have splash guards on my Porsche!) If you want to post a report on the splash guards here, I am sure others would be interested. If not, then PM me. Thanks in advance.

No worries, i'll make a video during the install and post on my Youtube channel. To avoid any confusion MB sell mudflaps for saloon and estate 213 models but not for AMG/Sport Line Cars. Only for base/Avantgarde (or SE)/Elegance(Luxury versions). Fronts are the same for saloon and estate, but the rears have different part numbers; whether this is because the shape or fitting holes are different I don't know, but would guess the former. I have seen a number of adverts on ebay for AMG/Sport saloon mudflaps, but this was the first for estate models. As I said as soon as I get them i'll fit and post a video. My wife does not want them on her new AMG Line convertible, however, I will test fit the estate one's on her car when I collect it next week and see how they fit. If they are good then i'll post some pictures as I am sure there are some Cab/Convertible owners who would want to put mudflaps on their cars?
The following users liked this post:
amf77 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 10:06 AM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by Bfgslkman
No worries, i'll make a video during the install and post on my Youtube channel. To avoid any confusion MB sell mudflaps for saloon and estate 213 models but not for AMG/Sport Line Cars. Only for base/Avantgarde (or SE)/Elegance(Luxury versions). Fronts are the same for saloon and estate, but the rears have different part numbers; whether this is because the shape or fitting holes are different I don't know, but would guess the former.
incredible as it might sound, the issue is not only aesthetic but also aerodynamic. i saw a video where this matter was discussed with AMG but i can't find the reference.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:33 AM

Maybe for full fat AMG models its an issue (?) but for AMG Line/Sport models where it's about a bigger set of alloys and a marginally different shaped bumper/sill panel (and nothing to do with performance) can't see the issue. BMW sell mudflaps for regular and MSport variants of their cars.
Still their loss. As these cars are keepers I would have bought the genuine MB ones at £100 per pair, but instead paid £45 for all four shipped from China!
The following 2 users liked this post by Bfgslkman:
amf77 (09-06-2018), tonecas (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 03:04 PM

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mud-Flaps-Splash-Guards-Fender-Mudguard-for-Mercedes-E-Class-Estate-AMG-Line-/372255217464

Old 09-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Addendum to my prior posting entitled "Ownership report, 2018 W213

Still enjoying our new Mercedes.....however, not when it rains! The wipers "chatter or judder" especially at low speeds, and the wipers leave a "haze" on the windshield. I know there have been many threads on this, but I thought I would add my findings.

I brought the car into the Dealer, and of course the the service writer never heard of this before! I showed him a copy of the service bulletin issued by Mercedes, and it states "clean the glass and change the blades." They did this, and only very minor improvement..... still chatters/judders. I have tried cleaning the glass....and I mean really cleaning the glass. The RV people suggested steel wool (0000) level, which is as mild as you can get with no scratches. It helped a little. Tried Bon Ami, a great old fashioned product, which helped a little as well. Contacted a place that repairs and replaces windshields.....they use floor wax stripper.....again a little better, with no harm. (no stripper near the paint!) I will not use Rainex, as I have used this on other vehicles, and always ended up hating it.....and Mercedes advises not to use this, or similar products on Mercedes cars. The problem has to be the blades? Not being able to see clearly in the rain is a safety issue. This wiper issue appears to have been going on for a long time with Mercedes, without any real resolve.

Bought a set of Bosch Icon blades......the Bosch Icon blades don't come with the proper mounting adapter hardware. I contacted Bosch and am awaiting a reply.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
I have had these wiper blades issues in the past with our MB's. But, after squirting a bit of windshield washer fluid (Publix brand), the "chatter and judder" went away. The replacement blades installed at our MB dealerships have not had the issues that you have described. I have also washed the blades with automotive soap and have remedied the situation described. Good luck with your issue...
Old 09-08-2018, 11:51 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by haibieb
I have had these wiper blades issues in the past with our MB's. But, after squirting a bit of windshield washer fluid (Publix brand), the "chatter and judder" went away. The replacement blades installed at our MB dealerships have not had the issues that you have described. I have also washed the blades with automotive soap and have remedied the situation described. Good luck with your issue...
I hate the blades grabbing the windshield. Fluid spray helps at first. Blades were replaced but were of no help.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:10 PM

skoda octavia MkII 2.0
if changing the blades does not work then it seems it is a design/build problem of the windshield wipers. i am guessing they put a little too much pressure over the windshield.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
I have never experienced the issue, but perhaps a pressure adjustment will alleviate the issue.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:27 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
theyve changed my blades 3 times, nothing has worked so far. some loaners didnt have this issue, some have. Ive had a lot of loaners
Old 04-12-2019, 04:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
regarding point 2: I test drove a E300de station wagon plugin hybrid, and the memory seats had two option in the COMAND system:

Settings were:

Vehicle-> Vehicle Settings -> easy entry/exit
Select Steer. Wheel and seat, Steering wheel only or Off
Old 04-12-2019, 12:15 PM

Reply to Mbracer26: I am assuming that you are having the "chattering" windshield wiper issue. If you are, you are not alone. This issue appears to be random with Mercedes cars. Some vehicles have the issue, some do not. When delivered, our 2018 E class did have this issue, and believe me I tried everything to eliminate this annoying and potentially dangerous.problem. The Dealer was not much help as well. Apparently this is a known issue though, as Mercedes mentions it somewhere (a service bulletin). In any event, Mercedes sells a product, which they recommend for the chattering issue. It is a windshield only cleaner. The item number is 2 8 3 1 1 8 3 6 5 4 1 1.....I purchased this online from Keenenmotors4311 (257722) and paid 10.50 per bottle plus shipping, back in October 2018. I am sure you can get it at any other dealer as well. It took several cleaning "operations" with this product. it was the only product/method that I tried that actually made the windshield better. It improved the issue to the point of being "tolerable. 95% better. And the results lasted. (until the windshield got damaged and replaced!) There is a caveat though. Hopefully you have not tried to use Rainex or any similar product. This stuff seems to work ok when you first apply it, but then, in my experience, it makes matters worse....much worse! If you have used Rainex or anything similar, you will probably use all of the Mercedes windshield cleaner bottle up, before you get positive results! Even my 2018 E300 owners manual states not to use these type products, and over the years on other cars I have found it better to stay away from these Rainex type products on windshields. (I do know that other people claimed that they had good results with Rainex, etc. I have not)
On another post, you can see where the windshield on our car was replaced due to being hit by a tiny pebble. I truly believe that Mercedes has an issue with their windshields, and I wonder how long the new windshield will last before it too has to be replaced.. I don't look forward to another windshield hassle. We waited two months for the replacement. After much hassle it arrived and was installed. I have covered this issue in great detail in my other post. The new windshield is fine (for now), without any chattering wiper issue. Good luck Mbracer26 with your issue. I Hope this information helps you.

Last edited by amf77; 04-12-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
Reply to Mbracer26: I am assuming that you are having the "chattering" windshield wiper issue. If you are, you are not alone. This issue appears to be random with Mercedes cars. Some vehicles have the issue, some do not. When delivered, our 2018 E class did have this issue, and believe me I tried everything to eliminate this annoying and potentially dangerous.problem. The Dealer was not much help as well. Apparently this is a known issue though, as Mercedes mentions it somewhere (a service bulletin). In any event, Mercedes sells a product, which they recommend for the chattering issue. It is a windshield only cleaner. The item number is 2 8 3 1 1 8 3 6 5 4 1 1.....I purchased this online from Keenenmotors4311 (257722) and paid 10.50 per bottle plus shipping, back in October 2018. I am sure you can get it at any other dealer as well. It took several cleaning "operations" with this product. it was the only product/method that I tried that actually made the windshield better. It improved the issue to the point of being "tolerable. 95% better. And the results lasted. (until the windshield got damaged and replaced!) There is a caveat though. Hopefully you have not tried to use Rainex or any similar product. This stuff seems to work ok when you first apply it, but then, in my experience, it makes matters worse....much worse! If you have used Rainex or anything similar, you will probably use all of the Mercedes windshield cleaner bottle up, before you get positive results! Even my 2018 E300 owners manual states not to use these type products, and over the years on other cars I have found it better to stay away from these Rainex type products on windshields. (I do know that other people claimed that they had good results with Rainex, etc. I have not)
On another post, you can see where the windshield on our car was replaced due to being hit by a tiny pebble. I truly believe that Mercedes has an issue with their windshields, and I wonder how long the new windshield will last before it too has to be replaced.. I don't look forward to another windshield hassle. We waited two months for the replacement. After much hassle it arrived and was installed. I have covered this issue in great detail in my other post. The new windshield is fine (for now), without any chattering wiper issue. Good luck Mbracer26 with your issue. I Hope this information helps you.
Thanks for the help, I read about your other post, what a bad experince and bad dealership. Here In LA those dealers wouldnt last, they would give you a loaner asap!
I know about the TSB that's out as well. The dealers are clueless. My E-class as been in the shop for 6 months in total for various different issues and the car is being returned so I dont care about the windshield issue anymore. The funny thing, my c350e also chatters as well, it didn't do it before. I think its the new design of the smaller windshield, our old w212, w211, w210 E-classes never had this chattering issue. Try to see if you can change the insert of the wipers with a diff brand or change the tension in the arm. Hopefully you find a solution as you bought your car and its not a lease.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ownership report, 2018 W213