E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Official 2019 delay from MBUSA - CRAP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:41 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
All I can say is that our 2019 E450 4Matic Sedan is scheduled to hit VPC on the 21st. It was built on July 29th. Hopefully, the release date will follow shortly.
The following users liked this post:
superangrypenguin (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by haibieb
All I can say is that our 2019 E450 4Matic Sedan is scheduled to hit VPC on the 21st. It was built on July 29th. Hopefully, the release date will follow shortly.
sweet
Old 08-13-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)

2019 E-Class Sedan Quick Reference Guide

SHARE SAVE DOWNLOAD
Aug 9, 2018
Models & MSRP
  • Mercedes-Benz E 300 (RWD) Sedan $53,500
  • Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC Sedan $56,000
  • Mercedes-Benz E450 4MATIC Sedan $59,950 arriving in U.S. dealers by late 2018
  • Mercedes-AMG E 53 Sedan $72,550 arriving in U.S. dealers by late 2018
  • Mercedes-AMG E 63 S Sedan $106,350
Germancar1 (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class

2019 E-Class Coupe Quick Reference Guide

SHARE SAVE DOWNLOAD
Aug 9, 2018
Models & MSRP
  • Mercedes-Benz E 450 Coupe $59,800 arriving in U.S. dealers by fall 2018
  • Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC Coupe $62,300 arriving in U.S. dealers by fall 2018
Mercedes-AMG E 53 Coupe $73,700 arriving in U.S. dealers by late 2018

*Above prices exclude $995 destination and delivery

——————

interesting how the Coupe says by Fall 2018 and Sedan says by late 2018. Talked to my guy today and he told me thy have 6k cars at the Long Beach VPC and they are running out of space there so MB will be forced to start releasing cars soon... even tho the CLA-GLA are being released now the E300, GLC, and C300 and S Class will be next and then the E450 from what I was told... then AMG.. they could all be just weeks apart.. possibly once they start rolling out.
Germancar1 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:34 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
Thanks for the info, BigDeeLA...

for anyone who’s interested, here is the media page that shows most of the 2019’s

https://www.media.mbusa.com/releases
Old 08-14-2018, 12:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Porsche 996TT and 2017 Macan S, 93 Jeep YJ (too many mods), Audi A5, '05.5 Jetta TDI
Originally Posted by sackboydad
My salesman just called me. This morning they were informed by MBUSA that all 2019 models are delayed due to the EPA and certification issues. They didn’t give a timeframe of release.
So great, my car will rot in Baltimore for another month or two! Salt air corroding the paint, etc.
I may not take this car. Might just make a new order so even though I won’t grt it for awhile it won’t have been sitting at a VPC for months and months, degrading
Sack.....remain calm. I am the first person to agree with you to a point.

Let me ask you this please. Have you ever ordered a vehicle from overseas?
I already know the answer ( at least I think so )....

Your vehicle is NOT rotting! It is covered and safe!

QUOTE=sackboydad;7522297]
only frustrated because I’m really excited about the prospect of having my convertible delivered while it’s snowing :-)
just frustrating... Last year, MB managed to launch a total redesign of the E400 Cab and managed to get it certified in time for an August launch. This time, literally NOTHING changed and they screwed the pooch and didn’t manage to get it certified in time. Now we all have to pay for soneone’s Incompetence and have our cars delayed.
[/QUOTE]

No...you are incorrect. When any vehicle enters "port" aside from some exceptions that I won't get into, the vehicles are subjected to US regulations. TRUST ME I am well aware of your frustrations.

When you say that "now we all have to pay for "soneone's Incompetence and have our cars delayed"....spelling is on your end not mine ......
You must not be aware of how the import/export things work. Just because YOUR baby hits port...it does NOT mean that it will be cleared to leave. Make sense?

You have already "paid" for it. It is built into what you paid already. Delays happen and you might have a choice. Bring that choice up with your dealer or keep beating yourself up over it.

this is my first dealing with MB. Always dreamed of owning one. My salesman has been great but this has really thrown cold water on my excitement.
Trying to figure how other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn’t manage it.
Tell me which "other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn't manage it."

Your quote...NOT MINE.

Have you ever ordered a vehicle previously? Seriously...have you? Especially a NEW model?

I am not trying to be condescending but every car we had the opportunity to order in the first/second model year has encountered issues at the port. It happens so I hate to say this....just be patient and you will be happy when your car arrives. It sucks that it is delayed but you have to realize that your specific build is not common....otherwise you would not have ordered it...now would you?

still trying to figure this out.... sales are down across the board ..... dealers are complaining they don’t have inventory..... but let’s delay ALL the new cars and **** everyone off. Because as we all learned in business school... no inventory and unhappy customers = more sales!
Am I missing something here? Seems like keystone cops are running MBUSA
Sales are down across the board for high end vehicles it seems. Try snagging a Porsche Panamera on the lot that is coming close to a model year.

To be honest Sack..you are ranting about something you may/may not be educated on.

My issue is.... why screw everyone instead of only those whose cars were affected by the fire? There are many of us who have cars that have been sitting in Baltimore rusting away in the salt air and we would be hapy to take delivery of them. I'm sorry that a company had a fire that affected SUVs, but many cars are already built.... and a fire or a screwed up computer system is inconsequential to that.
If you car is destroyed from some "fire"....you can always contact your sales advisor and reorder the car or take one off a lot.

-----------

I'm done with trying to "quote" your messages.

I am new to the MB World forums but VERY active on MANY other forums.

I will give you a story.....take it or leave it.

1. We ordered our Porsche and tracked it from birth in Germany through the factory and got a port date.
2. Port date was delayed due to the backup in the European port.
3. New P cars were held up due to US regs....people were *****ing to high heaven but our car left port.
4. Tracked when it got in range of Shipping Trackers and while that was going on they released them all.
5. Sat in port for a day or two and then was on a carrier to our dealer.
6. Arrived at our dealer and I already coordinated with them to NOT do a thing to it once it got there.
7. Porsche Sales person met me at the car and we went over it with a "microscope".
8. Took delivery of the vehicle and was very happy!

---------

YOU can do the same thing. MANY other P Cars were sitting at port prior to delivery. We just happened to get on board when they were released. TONS of people...friends of mine had their vehicles held up for one reason or another and I will PROMISE you that they were more than two to three times the amt you paid. Not tossing that out there but NONE of them had ANY issues with them.

So just be happy your vehicle will make it to you.

When it arrives....do yourself a favor. Look over it with a fine tooth comb and if you are satisfied, then take delivery. You always have the opportunity to deny taking it into possession if there are issues with it.

Now, when your car arrives, ENJOY......while I cannot promise a thing as a prospective MB owner (one who will do the same thing and order it), you will be happy when it arrives!

If you are not happy then you have 110% reason to decline the order...but I really think your car did not "ROT" at the port.
Germancar1 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by pop.tremuloides
Sack.....remain calm. I am the first person to agree with you to a point.

Let me ask you this please. Have you ever ordered a vehicle from overseas?
I already know the answer ( at least I think so )....

Your vehicle is NOT rotting! It is covered and safe!

QUOTE=sackboydad;7522297]
only frustrated because I’m really excited about the prospect of having my convertible delivered while it’s snowing :-)
just frustrating... Last year, MB managed to launch a total redesign of the E400 Cab and managed to get it certified in time for an August launch. This time, literally NOTHING changed and they screwed the pooch and didn’t manage to get it certified in time. Now we all have to pay for soneone’s Incompetence and have our cars delayed.
No...you are incorrect. When any vehicle enters "port" aside from some exceptions that I won't get into, the vehicles are subjected to US regulations. TRUST ME I am well aware of your frustrations.

When you say that "now we all have to pay for "soneone's Incompetence and have our cars delayed"....spelling is on your end not mine ......
You must not be aware of how the import/export things work. Just because YOUR baby hits port...it does NOT mean that it will be cleared to leave. Make sense?

You have already "paid" for it. It is built into what you paid already. Delays happen and you might have a choice. Bring that choice up with your dealer or keep beating yourself up over it.

Tell me which "other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn't manage it."

Your quote...NOT MINE.

Have you ever ordered a vehicle previously? Seriously...have you? Especially a NEW model?

I am not trying to be condescending but every car we had the opportunity to order in the first/second model year has encountered issues at the port. It happens so I hate to say this....just be patient and you will be happy when your car arrives. It sucks that it is delayed but you have to realize that your specific build is not common....otherwise you would not have ordered it...now would you?

Sales are down across the board for high end vehicles it seems. Try snagging a Porsche Panamera on the lot that is coming close to a model year.

To be honest Sack..you are ranting about something you may/may not be educated on.

If you car is destroyed from some "fire"....you can always contact your sales advisor and reorder the car or take one off a lot.

-----------

I'm done with trying to "quote" your messages.

I am new to the MB World forums but VERY active on MANY other forums.

I will give you a story.....take it or leave it.

1. We ordered our Porsche and tracked it from birth in Germany through the factory and got a port date.
2. Port date was delayed due to the backup in the European port.
3. New P cars were held up due to US regs....people were *****ing to high heaven but our car left port.
4. Tracked when it got in range of Shipping Trackers and while that was going on they released them all.
5. Sat in port for a day or two and then was on a carrier to our dealer.
6. Arrived at our dealer and I already coordinated with them to NOT do a thing to it once it got there.
7. Porsche Sales person met me at the car and we went over it with a "microscope".
8. Took delivery of the vehicle and was very happy!

---------

YOU can do the same thing. MANY other P Cars were sitting at port prior to delivery. We just happened to get on board when they were released. TONS of people...friends of mine had their vehicles held up for one reason or another and I will PROMISE you that they were more than two to three times the amt you paid. Not tossing that out there but NONE of them had ANY issues with them.

So just be happy your vehicle will make it to you.

When it arrives....do yourself a favor. Look over it with a fine tooth comb and if you are satisfied, then take delivery. You always have the opportunity to deny taking it into possession if there are issues with it.

Now, when your car arrives, ENJOY......while I cannot promise a thing as a prospective MB owner (one who will do the same thing and order it), you will be happy when it arrives!

If you are not happy then you have 110% reason to decline the order...but I really think your car did not "ROT" at the port.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum and your possible future Benz. This was a time consuming good response. I hope it helps him.
pop.tremuloides (08-15-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
E63 S Wagon
All E450 models and C/GLC/SLC 43 models were approved by ARB. That should get them rolling.
Germancar1 (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
All E450 models and C/E/GLC 43 models were approved by ARB. That should get them rolling.
now if MBUSA will just sell them to us......
Old 08-27-2018, 06:12 PM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
E63 S Wagon

now if MBUSA will just sell them to us......
Just be patient a little longer. Like I said in another thread, there's more to releasing a car than obtaining approvals. Nonetheless, regulatory hurdles usually provide the most substantial obstacle and we're now beyond that. Fingers crossed they can make better on their timeline.
pop.tremuloides (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 06:38 PM

Not too optimistic.... E300 was approved by CA clear back on Aug 10 and I understand only today has it been released for sale.... 17 days... yikes
Old 08-27-2018, 07:59 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
Well if the E450 take another 17 days or 3 weeks I think that will be positive over Oct release.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA
Well if the E450 take another 17 days or 3 weeks I think that will be positive over Oct release.
to quote Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles... "it's twue, it's TWEU!!"