Burmester Base - usb folder play

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E class 2018
Burmester Base - usb folder play

Hi,

I have the base burmester system and although I can play music from usb - search - folder(e.g. music) - subfolder(e.g. artist/genre) - songs, the way to get there is very cumbersome...and everytime you want to go back to the previous folder, you have to go again to search - folder -subfolder, rater than just go back one folder. Has anybody found a simpler way to navigate this? my music folder has many subfolders and each subfolder has again potentially 10's of subfolders...

Thanks,

Yveke.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
I use an iPod touch and it is just as cumbersome. I have gone to playlist of my favorite artist or albums. Voice search does not solve the problem either.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:39 AM

E class 2018
Originally Posted by Cambridgehank
I use an iPod touch and it is just as cumbersome. I have gone to playlist of my favorite artist or albums. Voice search does not solve the problem either.
Bummer...Just having the possibility to go back to upper directory/folder would save about 6 cumbersome steps, that frankly are not so straight forward when driving. Also scrolling down a list could be faster as well, it takes forever to scroll through a list fo folders/music, and haven't found a way to speed that up neither.

Tnx,

Y.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:16 AM

E400
I agree. I thought Mercedes and Apple would have a simpler solution.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:08 AM

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe C238
Originally Posted by yveke
Bummer...Just having the possibility to go back to upper directory/folder would save about 6 cumbersome steps, that frankly are not so straight forward when driving. Also scrolling down a list could be faster as well, it takes forever to scroll through a list fo folders/music, and haven't found a way to speed that up neither.

Tnx,

Y.
There a number of steps which can be accomplished by voice command to reduce the menu items needed to get where you want. Voice search works pretty well also when looking for artists or albums.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:31 AM

E class 2018
Thanks Mike...unfortunately none of these work with "folders", previous folder, etc...
Old 11-02-2018, 03:01 PM

E class 2018
All, after a bit more than a month with the burmester base system, I find it ridiculous that once you have navigated to a specific folder you cannot simply go back to previous folder without going back through the initial search -> media->USB->music folder-> folder you wanna play... Is there somewhere where you can submit an enhancement request to MB?

Also not able to have different eq settings per source e.g. different eq for hi res usb flac than for radio is also annoying...radio bass is way too boomy without having to change again for usb media flac content.

All in all would not pay the premium for base burmester again..is it the same for highest end burmester system? anyone who has that can provide feedback?

Rgds,

Yveke.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:28 PM

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Have you tried navigating back up by first selecting the existing playlist instead of folder? That worked for me in my 2015 E350. I'll try it tomorrow in the new 2019 E450 and see if the response is the same.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:30 AM

E class 2018
Hi nycebo, tried that, but no luck...
Old 11-04-2018, 07:46 AM

E400
I have moved my music to a USB Flash Drive 256GB. The only folders on it are for albums. My playlist are outside of folders and listed alphabetically. My music is in iTunes on my Macintosh computer and I used an app by Doug Adams M3unify, https://dougscripts.com/apps/m3unifyapp.php

I have had no problems finding the music I want to hear in the car, now that I have set up the flash drive. Hope this helps
Old 11-04-2018, 08:16 AM

E class 2018
Thanks Cambridgehank for your answer, yes, I use a usb flash drive 2TB, with over 3000 albums and +60000 songs. Music is organised alphabetically in folders(artist name, subfolder albums), not all flac/DSD are tagged. Just going through the list from a to z takes forever with the rotary wheel, but would still be ok if we could just move up/go back a level, rather than going again through all the steps.

I hear your answer is more in the sense of : reduce amount of folders(music) and use a limited set of playlists...and yes that would work, but imposes limitations I did not have on the previous Mercedes, BMW in car audio systems I used before. Would be a small firmware feature to implement IMHO.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:13 PM

E400
Yes, I use Playlist and Search Playlist the most in the car. My complaint is that it does not tell you what playlist (or album or artist) you selected and listening to.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:18 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by yveke
All, after a bit more than a month with the burmester base system, I find it ridiculous that once you have navigated to a specific folder you cannot simply go back to previous folder without going back through the initial search -> media->USB->music folder-> folder you wanna play... Is there somewhere where you can submit an enhancement request to MB?

Also not able to have different eq settings per source e.g. different eq for hi res usb flac than for radio is also annoying...radio bass is way too boomy without having to change again for usb media flac content.

All in all would not pay the premium for base burmester again..is it the same for highest end burmester system? anyone who has that can provide feedback?

Rgds,

Yveke.
The COMAND Media Interface is wretched. It is mostly independent of the sound system. I have the High End Burmester system and am totally frustrated with how poor the music interface is.
The problem you note is ridiculous, of course. I've also been frustrated that the track order changes depending on whether music is viewed by artist (seems to be listed alphanumerically) or folder (by track number). I've written to MB trying to understand how to get music played by correct track number and never got a response.
I love the high end Burmester musically, but the COMAND music interface sucks most of the fun out of it.
The following users liked this post:
Cambridgehank (11-05-2018)