Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC220
Mercedes-benz me

Hey guys, i just got my 2019 GLC.

Im trying to agree on the TAC but i cant log in on the mercedes-benz me website.
the car its already linked to my user account, the guy on the dealer said that i have to agree to therms and conditions, but i have been trying and cant get there.

Any help that you guys can give me?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2020, 02:15 PM

E450C 4matic
Thumbs down Connectivity issues

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I'm starting this very specific thread for those who have purchased a new 2019 E and you nor your dealer can get the Mercedes Me Connect app to activate with your car.

It's been a week now since I got my ordered 2019 E450. Love the car. A LOT. But the Mercedes Me App just won't activate with my car. I've been in touch with the Me Connect team multiple times. We've rebooted the system from the car. We've deleted the app multiple times, all to no avail. Supposedly, the ONLY people in the land of Mercedes Benz, who can do anything about this are in some town in Germany. And supposedly, my case has been elevated to them.

So, if you're having the same issue, we can compare what each of us has tried/is doing and if anyone finds the answer, share it with each other.
Yes I have a 19 E450C AMG and am having the same issues. I think the E stands for experimental!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:26 PM

E450C 4matic
Thumbs down E Class Connectivity issues

Yes, I have the same problem with my E450 since purchase 6 months ago. I am told it is a MB Server issue. In the mean time, connectivity is very erratic. Server upgrade in late Spring???
I think the "E" stands for experimental.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2024 Mercedes E200
Hey guys, I am new here and just signed up as I am having the same issues where most services are "pending activation".

I am driving the facelifted E200 with the new MBUX system in Dubai, UAE. Issue has been escalated to Germany but it has been 2 weeks and no response.

I wanted to check if anyone with the new E is having similar issues.

Many thanks.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:14 AM

GLE350
Hi I am meeting the same trouble.

Hi everyone,
I have the same trouble that the Mercedes me app could not work for a month. On my phone every items are active, but no information form the car.
The service centre asked to go to repair.
It is a new 2021 gle350 car ,I have just derived it one and half month.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 E450 Cab, 2021 E350 Sedan
Just got a 2021 E 350 last week and had no problem adding it to my existing mercedes me connect account and application. All services are activated and everything seems to be working. When I got my 2019 E 450 Cab there where some issues connecting so I contacted mercedes. They did something on their side and everything worked. The connect service was new back then and at least from my experience the problems are resolved.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 E63s
Originally Posted by kasendorf
Just got a 2021 E 350 last week and had no problem adding it to my existing mercedes me connect account and application. All services are activated and everything seems to be working. When I got my 2019 E 450 Cab there where some issues connecting so I contacted mercedes. They did something on their side and everything worked. The connect service was new back then and at least from my experience the problems are resolved.

year and a half later still having problems, 2019 E450
this is crazy, going to get rid of the car
Old 02-16-2021, 03:12 PM

Glc43
Hi all - I'm looking to get in touch with someone in this forum who is or previously was in a similar situation with a malfunctioning Mercedes Me Connect app. Also if this isn't the right forum please link me to the right one so I can re-post the below. Background on my situation:
  • I own a 2019 MB AMG GLC43 (took delivery Feb 2019)
  • Mercedes Me Connect app worked PERFECTLY from Feb 2019 through December 2020 (almost 20 months)
  • In December 2020, the app effectively stopped working; GPS, remote start or door locking/unlocking functionality ceased to work entirely along with all the other features.
  • I attempted to fix this in various ways which included a) deleting and re-installing the app, b) deleting my mercedes me account entirely and making an entirely new one, c) spent ~3 hours with Mercedes Me tech support to troubleshoot and attempt various fixes, and d) had my software re-booted inside the car during a recent Service B appointment. Unfortunately nothing worked.
    • Mercedes is having me bring the car back in next month specifically to address this issue and attempt other fixes.
So while I'm fine waiting another month to see if this can get fixed (not getting my hopes up), I'm wondering if anyone in this community has dealt with a similar problem with Mercedes Me Connect and has suggestions on how to get it working and synched up properly with the car again. It's confusing because everything used to work for almost 20 months.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 02-27-2021, 08:04 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=21V072000

I saw this recall that might be the cause of your problem. It seems the communication may have inadvertently been disconnected during a service visit. The GLC43 is one of the affected vehicles.

June 2020, MBAG was made aware of one customer complaint (outside of the United States) regarding the Mercedes me connect functions. The customer had reported a functionality issue with the Mercedes Me app.
Chronology :
In October 2020, additional complaints regarding the Mercedes me connect functionality had been received. Each of the reports related to an issue with the Mercedes Me app or user experience and not about an inability to connect to the eCall system. MBAG launched an investigation, which revealed that due to an error with the workshop diagnostic system, the diagnostic system software was inadvertently deactivating the communication modules.
In December 2020, the updated programming was finalized for the workshop diagnostic systems and in parallel through January 2021, MBAG analyzed data of past diagnostic sessions and compared them to vehicle data to identify the potentially affected vehicles. MBAG’s investigation found that potential eCall system deactivation was limited to vehicles where the workshop had conducted diagnostic testing affecting the communications control unit.
On February 05, 2021, MBAG determined that a potential safety risk cannot be ruled out and decided to

Last edited by BenzC400; 02-27-2021 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:12 PM

Clk300
This happens a lot can be lousy internet coverage or delays sometime I try to lock my car and start the engine remotely it takes minutes the Mercedes’ me app is literally a POS .
Old 01-17-2022, 01:30 PM

2018 Mercedes E 400 Coupe
Supposedly, the ONLY people in the land of Mercedes Benz, who can do anything about this are in some town in Germany.
​​​​​​
I just went through the initial sign-in process. In a nutshell, the app is very buggy and does not respond to updates in the account status as it goes along. I literally had to uninstall the app and reinstall it at almost every step. It took three uninstalls and reinstalls to get through the process but it worked and everything is operational at this point. ... except the integration with Google home and the Google Assistant because that has been discontinued. The customer service rep was very patient, and even called back twice when we were disconnected (rural area... Verizon signal sucks).

I wonder if this is problem that arises when cell signals are not consistently strong. Hmmm.... Curious to hear from others who had similar issues. We're you in an area with spotty cell coverage also?
Old 04-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Z.P

C300h
Mercedes me not working

I'm starting this very specific thread for those who have purchased a new 2019 E and you nor your dealer can get the Mercedes Me Connect app to activate with your car.

It's been a week now since I got my ordered 2019 E450. Love the car. A LOT. But the Mercedes Me App just won't activate with my car. I've been in touch with the Me Connect team multiple times. We've rebooted the system from the car. We've deleted the app multiple times, all to no avail. Supposedly, the ONLY people in the land of Mercedes Benz, who can do anything about this are in some town in Germany. And supposedly, my case has been elevated to them.

So, if you're having the same issue, we can compare what each of us has tried/is doing and if anyone finds the answer, share it with each other.
Have you sort it out your car? I rode all your posts about Mercedes me not working and i have to say i’m experiencing exactly the same problem with my car. I would like to add something, at the beginning i had Mercedes me app working perfectly but since Mercedes garage replaced the head unit(command unit) the problem comes up.
In the app very few services i can activate and deactivate but most of them(the good ones) it says activation pending…. The SOS button has been checked and it is working but the other two info and services button don’t(when i press any of them the light flashes red) they did worked before and i use to call Mercedes me guys from the same button and didn’t flash red it was solid red. It seems like not connection between the new unit and communication module. I have been in Mercedes garage over 10 times about this problem and they can’t figure out what the problem can be the case has been transfer to Germany, but it seems they can’t fix it aswell. I also notice when the new unit been replaced i can’t see MB numbers in the phone book, while in the old unit i can see the numbers.
any one can help please i would much appreciate! Thank you!
Old 05-13-2022, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 298 Likes on 226 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Does anyone experience any connection issues since the past few days ?

I came back from Majorca to France by Ferry yesterday, but in the app the car is stil there, right where I boarded the ship.
And it shows data from that trip to the ship, nothing newer.

I did managed to unlock the car, So it definitely IS connected, although the status in the app remained as "locked"
Thereafter I could not lock the car again

Exact same thing with windows, could open, but not close

Tried to reactivate the tow alarm (switched off on the ferry) but didn't work, so had to do it in the car

Already checked car settings and logged out/in the app....
Come to think off it, might have to do a reboot of mbux...?

**EDIT: it sorted itself out ...**

Last edited by Egonvdv; 05-14-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

problems continue.

Often it won't show up in the right place, nor will it have registered the last trip.

i do always get messages when the battery is fully charged and can also open the car with the app,
so (as stated here above) the car IS connected.

But geofencing is of course not working when the car is in the wrong place....

And also makes me wonder if i will get messages when alarm goes off and/or someone hits the car ....

When I just got the new car it was working perfectly (unlike my previous w213 comand), but things are going downhill fast...

Anyone else have these same troubles with their mbux system?
Old 06-18-2022, 06:39 PM
Z.P

C300h
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
problems continue.

Often it won't show up in the right place, nor will it have registered the last trip.

i do always get messages when the battery is fully charged and can also open the car with the app,
so (as stated here above) the car IS connected.

But geofencing is of course not working when the car is in the wrong place....

And also makes me wonder if i will get messages when alarm goes off and/or someone hits the car ....

When I just got the new car it was working perfectly (unlike my previous w213 comand), but things are going downhill fast...

Anyone else have these same troubles with their mbux system?

Hi, did you fix your car? I’m experiencing the same problem now! Thanks
Old 06-19-2022, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It still often shows the car in the wrong place.
sometimes shutting down the app completely (and restarting) works, but not always.
Though even with car showing in the wrong place, all functions work
and i also get notifications (like when battery is fully charged)
Old 06-21-2022, 07:39 PM
Z.P

C300h
K

It still often shows the car in the wrong place.
sometimes shutting down the app completely (and restarting) works, but not always.
Though even with car showing in the wrong place, all functions work
and i also get notifications (like when battery is fully charged)

Exactly same as mine. Tomorrow the guys from Mercedes Me tech will reboot comm.module (or something) wirelessly by air. Will let you know if that will fix the problem.
The following users liked this post:
Egonvdv (06-22-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

@Z.P did that do the trick ?
Old 06-27-2022, 07:03 AM
Z.P

C300h
@Z.P did that do the trick ?

i’m not sure if they done it yet. I haven't been told it’s done. At the moment the same problem exist, so annoying sometimes works most of the time don’t and i bought the services for 5 years. I’ll gave another 2-3 days and will let you know then. I believe this starts to happening when the update the car software. As i had the head unit (command unit) replaced.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mine was working fine in the beginning (much better than my previous w213 comand)
no updates have been done though...
Old 06-27-2022, 11:30 AM
Z.P

C300h
mine was working fine in the beginning (much better than my previous w213 comand)
no updates have been done though...
Just happened the rebooting and it didn’t fix the problem! All the services went dead for about 30min then back on again with the same problem. I just unlock it from the app but i can’t lock it back on again. Sometimes opposite, sometimes works just fine, sometimes do not work at all. Sometimes take ages to receive the signal to the app. This is a joke! So really, this is good for kids to play, looking at the security side i can not relay on this services, the car can be lock or unlock and on the app showing different.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it's weird that it "half works" sometimes.
it's either connected, or it isn't you'd think .
maybe it's a server problem.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

since about 2 weeks geofencing no longer working .
I lost all my "areas" and can't create new ones ...
Old 01-04-2023, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
since about 2 weeks geofencing no longer working .
I lost all my "areas" and can't create new ones ...
Worked today for our W213. I did not try to add new zones but the button to add zones appeared to be available. Perhaps a temporary issue. Your car is quite new, service cannot have been expired yet?
Old 01-04-2023, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I should have the service yes...
but like all mercedes me functions, you never know when it will or will not work ;-)
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (01-05-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car