Upgrade to multibeam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E class w213
Arrow Upgrade to multibeam

Hello,
I need to now if i can change my e class w213 headlights to Multibeam headlights, my car has already all sensors for lane assist and autonomous drive which i suppose can be used to multibeam Headlights, can same one please explain to me all process, and soft install for this migration
Old 11-08-2018, 08:13 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
You should subscribe to this thread. It's for Canada but the theme mimics your concerns.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Wassim Sidia
Hello,
I need to now if i can change my e class w213 headlights to Multibeam headlights, my car has already all sensors for lane assist and autonomous drive which i suppose can be used to multibeam Headlights, can same one please explain to me all process, and soft install for this migration
It's likely way more complicated and expensive if you don't have the Intelligent Lights from the start. Do you? If you do, the NHTSA recently voted to recommend the US finally allow the multi-beam system that has been in Europe the last couple of years. Now it goes to public comment before being fully approved. That said, there's mystery surrounding whether the cars built for the US include what the Europe models have or if they can even be reprogrammed for Multi-Beam. And if they can be reprogrammed, will MBUSA offer the option to reprogram the lights is another mystery. I wrote and asked and got a vague, non-committal response.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
My advice would be to check with your MB dealer before you go any further. Lighting system are a bit complicated. Good luck with your inquiries.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:47 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
It depends on the coding required for the headlights. Nowadays light modding requires coding for them work. Depends if your car has them as an option, which in that case your software might already have the coding. You need to find a person who can either mod the code you have or knows where to find it enter it into your computer.

FYI- the post above regarding a dealer helping you....they are not going to give you any advice. Their job is NOT to help people mod.

Find a local car shop and see what they can do....modding cars is their profession
Old 11-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
You will need new lights (could be used but must have their corresponding coded controller with them). LHD and RHD cars use the same light. You then need it coding to the car. I suspect the car will need to have Command for the map data.

Best person to speak to is Richard at Command Online in Lightwater in Surrey (UK). If it can be done he will know.