E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Changing US spec Intelligent Headlights to Euro/UK spec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300
Originally Posted by murman
yes that is step one. Backup factory settings before the upgrade. You should have received written steps from Vladimir. They’re a little difficult to follow but generally sufficient.
Thanks for your response....no instructions.....can you post yours if you still have them? I was just following the video which is embedded in this thread.

I wasn't sure how long to wait for this 'back-up'. I waited about 2-3 minutes and nothing happened so I thought it wasn't doing anything or working, since it didn't start the upload like the video showed.

Last edited by Ronan O'Mahony; 10-01-2021 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:25 AM

E300
Originally Posted by Ronan O'Mahony
Thanks for your response....no instructions.....can you post yours if you still have them? I was just following the video which is embedded in this thread.

I wasn't sure how long to wait for this 'back-up'. I waited about 2-3 minutes and nothing happened so I thought it wasn't doing anything or working, since it didn't start the upload like the video showed.
I was able to get them from Vladimir. Made the changes, will test tonight, looking forward to seeing how they do.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:51 AM

E300
I was able to get them from Vladimir. Made the changes, will test tonight, looking forward to seeing how they do.
Bumping this for those looking for more feedback on this mod.

The short version is....they work and good technology is all about working seamlessly and subtly. The cornering lights on bends are really good, as are the headlights on the freeway. I got to drive some darkened sections of freeway and the high beams lit up a few times with other vehicles in front of me. The light output in general seems better distributed even with the full beams off. I also noticed the city lights in full effect.

It's insane to think this technology is 'banned' from American roads. I'd recommend spending the money to unlock the additional safety features of these lights.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:46 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Bumping this for those looking for more feedback on this mod.

The short version is....they work and good technology is all about working seamlessly and subtly. The cornering lights on bends are really good, as are the headlights on the freeway. I got to drive some darkened sections of freeway and the high beams lit up a few times with other vehicles in front of me. The light output in general seems better distributed even with the full beams off. I also noticed the city lights in full effect.

It's insane to think this technology is 'banned' from American roads. I'd recommend spending the money to unlock the additional safety features of these lights.
What model year is your vehicle?
Old 10-04-2021, 10:48 PM

E300
What model year is your vehicle?
2019 E450 sedan.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:42 PM

2019 E450 sedan.
Gotcha. I have a Canadian spec 2020 E450 and I can't tell there's any improvement with Vladimir's programming. I had high beam assist before, and frankly after the reprogramming all I see is the old high beam assist, and none of the "plus" features seem to work. I still get blinded by signs, high beam is all or nothing. And I have the software installed correctly. I see the intelligent lighting toggle on the lighting settings screen, but honestly the "plus" seems like a complete bust.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:52 AM

E300
Gotcha. I have a Canadian spec 2020 E450 and I can't tell there's any improvement with Vladimir's programming. I had high beam assist before, and frankly after the reprogramming all I see is the old high beam assist, and none of the "plus" features seem to work. I still get blinded by signs, high beam is all or nothing. And I have the software installed correctly. I see the intelligent lighting toggle on the lighting settings screen, but honestly the "plus" seems like a complete bust.
It sounds like there is no change from your description. You could try installing it again. Do you notice the high beam working when other traffic is around on a dark road? Mine now does that. I've also seen it 'figure out' how to illuminate neiaghborhood areas, as it sweeps on (like it used to prior to the change) and then quickly adjust to block some light around it. It's very subtle though and not like it's designed to be.

As for the sign illumination, I find that initially they sign is lit brightly (never blinding) and when I get closer, it dims, but honestly can't tell if that's the lights doing their thing or the light focus has moved beyond the street sign.

I've noticed the city light coming on/off at slow speeds in straight lines, and I've noticed the active cornering light, when I took a bend at speed, I saw the light move around the corner, which it never did previously. The 'issue' I have is that I live in a very well lit urban area, it's not often I'm on a completely dark road like the ones I used to drive on in Europe. I think it's harder to appreciate the benefits of these lights when there is other illumination around you.

The best way to tell if they're working or not (as this situation is probably more common for you also) is to drive on a less well lit freeway at night. With no freeway over-lights, you should see the auto high-beam activating with other cars around you on the freeway. Does this occur?
Old 10-06-2021, 10:44 AM

The best way to tell if they're working or not (as this situation is probably more common for you also) is to drive on a less well lit freeway at night. With no freeway over-lights, you should see the auto high-beam activating with other cars around you on the freeway. Does this occur?
Some evening, I'm going to take the car up a mountain road here and give it the ultimate test. It was easy before the software change to see the automatic all-or-nothing highbeams there.