E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Music media challenge...this option not available.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Music media challenge...this option not available.

Ok, I know that I'm new to the Mercedes family, and still learning. However, I seems to have a problem with the command voice system changing out music. I have an I phone 6 that I rely on my music. No matter how many different ways is speak it, I can't get it to change to another music title. I keep getting : this option is not possible. Yes, I'm in media mode.

Now if I'm in Apple play, it works just fine with Siri. But when I'm in the regular command mode, it doesn't seemed to respond to my commands. I tried even a "search music" to no avail. It just keeps playing song after song in the play list. I've tried "show playlists" show "titles", "music", etc and no go.......just next track and previous track commands seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

What should the initial set of commands be?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
Is this over Bluetooth or cable? If BT I ensured it was selected for music as well as phone and the Linguatronic works just fine. Just say “Play xxxx” and it does!
Old 11-27-2018, 06:12 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
I have now put all my music from iPhone into USB drive so only use my phone for calls and messages. Seems to work better for me.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
Congratulations. That is what I had to do. My music on the USB flash drive plays uninterrupted by the iPhone and Apple CarPlay.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK
Is this over Bluetooth or cable? If BT I ensured it was selected for music as well as phone and the Linguatronic works just fine. Just say “Play xxxx” and it does!
It's over bluetooth. I had no problem using voice commands from my past Cadillac for media music; didn't realize it would be harder on the MB. Would be a shame if I had to transfer all my music from the I phone to USB just to get it to work. Didn't know if there were any secret commands or settings I'm missing.