[W213 - 2018 E400 Sedan] Winter Wheel & Tire Package Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Sedan (W213)
[W213 - 2018 E400 Sedan] Winter Wheel & Tire Package Options

Hello,

First time poster, Please let me know if i am violation any of the forum rules. Thank You!

Would anybody be able to share any of their 2018 W213 Winter Wheel & Tire Package configurations? I am not familiar with the aftermarket options and any imformation is grealy appreciated.

Would love to learn about quality (OEM vs.aftermarket) and price of configuration (fees including getting wheels mounted, etc.)

Some of the options I am aware of are:
Dealer package: 3,624.08 CAD
Dealer Wheels Only: $1,986.56 CAD
Dealer Rims Only:?

Canadian Tire Tire Only: 1,775.96 CAD

Considering Rims (Good Brands but pricey) - are there any cheaper and still good quality rim brands?
Vossen
Vorsteiner
HRE

Thank You,
James Lin

EDIT: Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2018, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Merry Christmas and welcome. Your question is not in violation of any rule. I live in Florida, so I can't help you, but there are threads on this and I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe C238
Originally Posted by jamesLin
Hello,
Would anybody be able to share any of their 2018 W213 Winter Wheel & Tire Package configurations? I am not familiar with the aftermarket options and any imformation is grealy appreciated.
Merry Christmas!

I have a 2018 C238 and opted for a non-dealer configuration. I discussed with my local tire & wheel dealer and we both kinda concluded that running non-run flats would probably be suitable for me as I don't really drive the car much and considered less then 1/3 of the cost we put together a package which I am happy with. Since the MB customer assistance & warranty are still in effect and I already have a CAA membership towing would be covered in extraneous circumstances. From the experiences with run flats I read on this forum and others it appears that towing is needed in a high number of instances so I figured maybe better to have a tire which at least can be repaired by any shop as opposed to special order winter run flats which nobody have in stock except an MB dealers. MB dealers are pretty far apart north of the Toronto area. I have a air pump & repair kit which is tossed in the car also.

Tires:
https://tire.yokohama.ca/tires/bluearth-v905

Wheels I opted for a gunmetal colour rim with Mercedes blue logo.
https://www.replika.ca/productinfo.a...pe+(c238)_s_pp

Old 12-26-2018, 10:21 AM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by jamesLin
Considering Rims (Good Brands but pricey) - are there any cheaper and still good quality rim brands?
Vorsteiner
HRE
Good morning James. Welcome to the forums!

When comparing the quality & durability of aftermarket wheels to OEM wheels the aftermarket wheels will typically always be better than the OEM wheels. The biggest reason for this is that auto manufacturers need to maximize profits on the cars they sell. An easy way they save money is to make a wheel using the low pressure casting method for manufacturing. It is the cheapest way to produce wheels but the final outcome is a wheel that weights a lot & isn't very durable.

Vorsteiner has a Flow Forged series and HRE has a FlowForm series. The manufacturing techniques for these wheels is a step above the low pressure casting method. These wheels provides you with a lightweight wheel and a wheel that will last you the entire duration of owning the car.

We have a 20% off on HRE FF04's & 30% off on HRE FF01's until January 2nd. This puts both wheels near the $2k USD mark for the set or under. Contact me if you're interested in learning more David@WheelsBoutique.com.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
If I were to go about getting a winter set I would get the cheapest possible wheels and spend up for good snow tires.

You can go down an inch or two in wheel size and increase the tire height for more tread depth.

You need to figure out the wheel offset to clear your caliper. I’m sure you could look around here or PM a person in a wheel post to find that out.

In US I would recommend Tirerack.com.

OR

You could go over to a local rim shop and buy the wheels/rims from there. Your going to need to get them installed wether online bought or from a shop.

Lastly, it sounds like this would be your first car to do this for. Your probably better off going to a local rim shop rather then doing the online buying unless you are 100% your getting the right configuration.

If you don’t get the fit right, you can end up with off Toe/Camber which would defeat the purpose of getting snow tires and result in worse traction.

Last edited by mobster600; 12-31-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:00 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
E Class
I’m leasing it for 3 years so I just got only the tires. They’re Michelin PA4 run flats 245/45/18. It was $1732 (Canadian dollar) with installation and tire storage. If you’re keeping the car longer then get a set of uglier rims that’ll take the snow and road salt abuseand a good set of winter tires. There’s so many options for winter tires depending on the types of conditions you drive in. Generally, if it’s super icy you’ll wanna go with studded tires, but honestly there’s so many different situations that you could have winter (e.g just freezing temperatures but little snow, lots of snow, lots of ice,) so you’ll need to research each tires strengths and weakness and decide based on the conditions that are most common to you. Sometimes during April they have promotions where you can end up getting OEM tires and rims for around $2500 total but they’re very eh looking rims

Last edited by KingScrubs; 01-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.