E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

more detail than the manual sources?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 06:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
'20 E Wagon
more detail than the manual sources?

On some of the features of my E450 the manual is not really that descriptive or as detailed as I'd like.

Things like the wipers- they seem to be rain sensing and has been discussed in the forum as such. But not much detail in the manual (despite it's 500 pages.)

Have you encountered other sources/ videos covering some of the tech in the E? Forums obviously are the best too!

I've poked around on the MBUSA Website- sometimes in the options section there will be a bit about one choice or another. I'd like to know more about the suspension for instance on the Luxury model. What sets it apart from the pack. And the Air leveling- are there additional bits in the rear if you choose the Air Body Control- or just control of what's in every Eclass wagon.

Headlights- Are they active even within the low beam? How so? Not just from the swivel for turns and intersection illumination mode, but do they go up and down to project a little further out based on speed? The cutoff of the light pattern is so sharp on the top of the beam that I'm sure it's good for other drivers. But it also seems like it moves at times not just with the terrain I'm driving over. I'd just like to fully understand it.

Those low beams are not so good for backroad woodsy night driving with ups and downs. Downright dangerous as the illumiinated area is so bright it reduces your pupils- so that outside of the spotlit area is even harder to see. Sure there's brights, but sometimes there's still twists where you want your low beams on because you see someone coming or there's streetlights that turn off the auto brights.

Mirror heating- Are the side mirrors heated? While I want to assume so, I see no mention in the manual abut it and no control for it. I really liked this on my last car in the deep winter. I do like the autodim electrolyte in them though.

I'm sure I'll have more. Thanks Forums!