E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Boat help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Well I can't believe it but it is finally at the dealership. My guy sent me a picture of it this morning. Now we are just back to talking about the price. It's funny how they forget price/build changes during the process and automatically revert back to the first price.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finally!

Old 06-01-2019, 12:44 AM

Received 107 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 s 500 swb
Hi BAC. it’s a beauty. Coincidentally I picked up mine yesterday and will post a few pics tomorrow as I only got home tonight. Enjoy your new wheels
Old 06-01-2019, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by martinlarose
Hi BAC. it’s a beauty. Coincidentally I picked up mine yesterday and will post a few pics tomorrow as I only got home tonight. Enjoy your new wheels
I hope to see it soon. I’ll have to resort to looking at your pictures and others since I’m currently sitting on a plane to be away from mine (really my wife’s) for a week.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Argelius
What’s with these dealers/SA that are so reluctant to give tracking info on a $70,000 purchase? Admittedly, it’s just a curiosity and a way to help stave off anxiety about delayed gratification...but my guy sure isn’t forthcoming. I’m not particularly interested in making a stink about this (would rather use my “clout” for more important problems down the line).
I absolutely empathise with your situation and question. I have a parallel situation here in Australia. I just wanted to give you perspective.
I ordered a $300,000 AUD S560 with options. I also have a good Salesperson but reluctant to provide updates. As far as I have been able to research and gather, here are some reasons.
1. Everyone at the dealership are usually reluctant to put anything in writing as far as updates as they have zero control on slippages to time frames. Beginning with the car post production waiting in a marshalling yard in Sindelfingen (where the S Class is built).
2. The card then moves by road train the 750 kms from Sindelfingen to the first port Bremerhaven. The day / date when this happens depends on the logistics of which other cars in the batch also have to make this journey i.e. it could be moved to Bremerhaven within a day of reaching the yard or a week+.
3. It then gets loaded on a vessel. In case case this means the following including a whole host of variables. My car route is Bremerhaven, Zeebrugge, Southhampton (UK) then Santander (Spain) around the horn of Africa (Port Elizabeth and East London SA), then on to Western Australia (Port of Freemantel) then Melbourne - al in all about 8 major shipping ports. The route takes anywhere from 44 days to 51 days. When it is docked in Melbourne they then need about 10 days for Customs, Compliance and release to the Dealer (retail). All in all about 60 days - 8 to 9 weeks.

No sales person worth their salt would guarantee to any customer the actual ETA date with any degree of accuracy until it is with the MB Australia (MBUSA in your case).

Hope this helps......
Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshua
I absolutely empathise with your situation and question. I have a parallel situation here in Australia. I just wanted to give you perspective.
I ordered a $300,000 AUD S560 with options. I also have a good Salesperson but reluctant to provide updates. As far as I have been able to research and gather, here are some reasons.
1. Everyone at the dealership are usually reluctant to put anything in writing as far as updates as they have zero control on slippages to time frames. Beginning with the car post production waiting in a marshalling yard in Sindelfingen (where the S Class is built).
2. The card then moves by road train the 750 kms from Sindelfingen to the first port Bremerhaven. The day / date when this happens depends on the logistics of which other cars in the batch also have to make this journey i.e. it could be moved to Bremerhaven within a day of reaching the yard or a week+.
3. It then gets loaded on a vessel. In case case this means the following including a whole host of variables. My car route is Bremerhaven, Zeebrugge, Southhampton (UK) then Santander (Spain) around the horn of Africa (Port Elizabeth and East London SA), then on to Western Australia (Port of Freemantel) then Melbourne - al in all about 8 major shipping ports. The route takes anywhere from 44 days to 51 days. When it is docked in Melbourne they then need about 10 days for Customs, Compliance and release to the Dealer (retail). All in all about 60 days - 8 to 9 weeks.

No sales person worth their salt would guarantee to any customer the actual ETA date with any degree of accuracy until it is with the MB Australia (MBUSA in your case).

Hope this helps......
https://www.2wglobal.com
This link has online tools where you could look at the various shipping routes from Europe to the rest of the world. You could also narrow down the possible shipping dates that your car will be shipped from Bremerhaven.....