crackling/ white noise in speakers - E300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E 300
crackling/ white noise in speakers - E300

Hi All,
I am facing this issue in my E300W4 from last few months. while playing songs on YT music app via Bluetooth and cable, there is significant crackling/white noise in the speakers.
I also tried changing the app and started using Spotify, still the same problem.
I have made a couple of visits to the dealership and they have changed all the 8 speakers in the car but no improvement at all. I have tried turning on and off the automatic volume adjustment as mentioned in the previous thread but nothing helped.
I don't know what is wrong with Burmester premium speakers, my friend owns a CX5 with Bose premium system, the voice quality is much better than the Burmester.

Anyone having the same issue? any pointers are highly appreciated.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:49 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
Sorry - not helpful I know, but quality of my Burmester is fantastic. Better than Harmon Kardon and other premium sets I have had in other cars.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:39 AM

2018 E 300
Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK
Sorry - not helpful I know, but quality of my Burmester is fantastic. Better than Harmon Kardon and other premium sets I have had in other cars.
I understand your point and will not disagree that my Burmester use to be the best, but not now, so trying to figure out what part is bad or need to be replaced for them
Old 07-09-2019, 12:02 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
Originally Posted by ayusmittal
I understand your point and will not disagree that my Burmester use to be the best, but not now, so trying to figure out what part is bad or need to be replaced for them
Does the system crackle when you use other media like radio... if not then you can probably rule out the speakers and wiring etc and more to do with the interface. Usually is best to try elimination by working through different phone, different cable, turning off system and rebooting also using USB and SD Card and eliminate what casues the crackling.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:11 PM

2018 E 300
Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK
Does the system crackle when you use other media like radio... if not then you can probably rule out the speakers and wiring etc and more to do with the interface. Usually is best to try elimination by working through different phone, different cable, turning off system and rebooting also using USB and SD Card and eliminate what casues the crackling.
yeah tried the different phone and different interface (Bluetooth Vs cable) and different music player apps (Pandora/ YT music/ Spotify) all have the same issue, what I have not tried is using the SD card/ CD. I feel the purpose of buying a high tech car is defeated If I am accessing music through CD/ SD card. Like who uses that nowadays......
Old 07-09-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by ayusmittal
yeah tried the different phone and different interface (Bluetooth Vs cable) and different music player apps (Pandora/ YT music/ Spotify) all have the same issue, what I have not tried is using the SD card/ CD. I feel the purpose of buying a high tech car is defeated If I am accessing music through CD/ SD card. Like who uses that nowadays......
Do you have a CD player? Just curious because the 2019s don’t.

And using a cable is not high tech either. Plugging in a phone is Stone Age. Maybe bronze.

An sd card is unobtrusive and can hold a shi.tload of music btw.
Old 10-18-2023, 01:48 PM

E350e
Software/firmware issue

I think is software problem....MB damage the main unit.... they install me firmware which crack the sound....my car has perfect sound.... after few nights of loud music.... they install new firmware...and sounds start cracking.... can't listen very loud because some noises coming over....I think they destroy equaliser...the quality of the sound....via microphone and internet Mercedes has control over the cars....
via internet MB damage my car engine water pump , engine light switch on...and many more issues...my hybrid E class is last car of this brand...
Old 11-02-2023, 08:02 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E300
Update to 6.80 its completely gone.