Old 01-03-2020, 09:22 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
E300
cleanest wagon on mbworld!
Old 01-03-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
Originally Posted by rraisley
Finally picked up my new 2020 E450 Estate (sounds much better than wagon) today. Took a bit longer that I thought it would; it only got to the dealer this past Monday, after being ordered September 6, I think it was. Here are some cloudy day pics taken with my phone:

Mercedes Benz E450S4 Estate Wagon, designo Diamond White Metallic exterior, Macchiato Beige & Yacht Blue Nappa Leather interior, Burl Walnut wood trim, Luxury Styling Package, Driver Assistance Package, Active Distronic, Parking Assistance Package, Exterior Lighting Package, Acoustic Comfort Package, Premium Package with Burmester Sounde, etc., 18" Twin 5-Spoke Wheels, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Head-Up Display, 3-Zone Climate Control.

Love the blue leather trimmed interior (although it doesn't look as blue as above pictures indicate), and the Acoustic Comfort Package really makes it quiet.

Now, if I can only find the odometer. In my 2 hours so far of driving the car, I thought I'd tried every display option, and have yet to find it. Weird; it's usually always visible in most vehicles!
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!
Old 01-03-2020, 01:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by CarFan1
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!
I won’t repost all your pics, not a good thing

Nice looking station wagon. Enjoy the beige!
Old 01-03-2020, 01:59 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Originally Posted by CaptainE
Nice looking station wagon. Enjoy the beige!
Thanks. I'm already thinking I need a darker color floor mat, though. That beige will look bad soon, unless I take off my shoes every time I get in. Would love to have some blue to match the blue trim; I /think/ that would look okay. Cabs with the Blue/Beige have blue mats, but also blue carpeting, which wasn't available in the wagon.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
full weathertech ? gonna kids in there and stuff in the back ?
Old 01-03-2020, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 518 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Very nice Wagon, I really like the Yacht blue same combo my cabrio has, beautiful. Probably good you got the 18 inch wheels, but personally not that crazy about that particular wheel design. These are excellent cars, just hit 23K miles on mine the other day and no real issues other than it was initially hard to get the MB app setup originally.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00
full weathertech ? gonna kids in there and stuff in the back ?
No kids. A black additional carpet pad was provided in the back with the car. I guess I could go to WeatherTech in beige. Don't you think that would really cheapen the interior looks, though? Maybe not as much as stained beige, but the black WeatherTech mats in my GTI looked cruddy after a while, even after hosing off. They just never looked, well, new again.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:24 PM

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts
2019 E 450 4 Matic T-model, 2014 Jag F-Type vert, 2004 Volvo V70R
Nice. Are there any external signs it is a 20 as opposed to a 19 say. I could not see anything.

I have a 19 with the beige and coffee leather interior. The mats are an issue. They do attract dirt, but the real stinker is the BLACK mat in the cargo area which succeeds in being both out of place and incredibly cheap looking at the same time. Like Benz couldn't be bothered to generate a beige cargo mat. I think the answer at least for me is a sisal cargo mat. The weather tech one is a possibility but I don't need or want plastic.

I have a back seat cover from Weather Tech I bought for my 12 wagon. Crappy fit on both cars. Not up to the quality I associate with WT.

Last edited by Hundens; 01-03-2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
I hear ya on the plastic.... but we go to the beach about once a week and the plastic captures the sand real well...

Old 01-03-2020, 02:37 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Can you get the blue mats from the dealer? They would look nice.
I have black mats and obsess because they show everything that’s not dirt, ie tiny leaves, white lint, tiny pebbles. You just can’t win.

First world problems for sure.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
Love your wheels too!
Old 01-03-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hundens
Nice. Are there any external signs it is a 20 as opposed to a 19 say. I could not see anything.
I don't know that there's any difference. Mine came with a separate black rug protector in the cargo area, which the salesman hadn't seen before, though.
I have a 19 with the beige and coffee leather interior. The mats are an issue. They do attract dirt, but the real stinker is the BLACK mat in the cargo area which succeeds in being both out of place and incredibly cheap looking at the same time. Like Benz couldn't be bothered to generate a beige cargo mat. I think the answer at least for me is a sisal cargo mat. The weather tech one is a possibility but I don't need or want plastic.
The cargo area carpeting on mine is the same beige carpeting as the rest of the car. It all looks quite nice, all beige leather and carpet, with the blue leather at the top the whole way around. The included/free black rug in the cargo area is nice to have for its protection, but spoils the looks a bit. In reading back over your post, it sounds like we have the same thing. The black mat does look out of place, although it could be removed, as there's (beige) carpeting there as well.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by CarFan1
Love your wheels too!
Really? They're my least favorite part of the car. I really didn't want the Luxury, for its looks, but the slightly higher ride and some other little things, I preferred. On the Luxury E450 Sedan, 18" wheels are a special wheel design for the 450 over the 350. I did like those wheels. But don't care for these that much. I prefer the 19" wheel that is available with the Luxury, but wanted to keep to 18" for better ride and less chance of tire/wheel damage.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainE
Can you get the blue mats from the dealer? They would look nice.
I have black mats and obsess because they show everything that’s not dirt, ie tiny leaves, white lint, tiny pebbles. You just can’t win.

First world problems for sure.
Right. I've seen the blue mats available for the Cabriolet, and probably the Coupe, which match the blue leather. I'd /love/ to have those, but doubt that those from the Cab or Coupe would fit the Wagon (or Sedan). They have different part numbers, at least.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:14 PM

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts
2019 E 450 4 Matic T-model, 2014 Jag F-Type vert, 2004 Volvo V70R
Right. I've seen the blue mats available for the Cabriolet, and probably the Coupe, which match the blue leather. I'd /love/ to have those, but doubt that those from the Cab or Coupe would fit the Wagon (or Sedan). They have different part numbers, at least.
My recollection is the coupe and convertible are 10 inches shorter than the wagon and sedan and so it would make sense that the mats are different. But not having a blue or coffee cargo mat is just lazy on MB's part.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
An auto upholstery shop can make matching blue carpets/mats. I've had them made for two of my previous MB's when the carpets started to wear. Those cars had full blue leather that sadly is no longer an option.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:50 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by Hundens
My recollection is the coupe and convertible are 10 inches shorter than the wagon and sedan and so it would make sense that the mats are different. But not having a blue or coffee cargo mat is just lazy on MB's part.
Is the drivers area a different dimension too?
Old 01-03-2020, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 518 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I

really like the 19 inch wheels on my amg line cabriolet. Good move though getting the 18 inch no matter how they look. You get a better ride outta the 18s.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JTK44
The odometer appears when you first turn on the car.

Afterwards it is one of the options in the center: range until empty, average miles per gallon and average mph from start, etc. Just scroll down and you will find it.
While the odometer that appears when you first turn on the car has what the manual calls Trip and Total distances, when you scroll to the Trip Computers, your choice is From Start (which appears to be from Start of car but including any shorter stops - engine off - of maybe 2 hours?) and From Reset. Not Total. But they appear to be the same, on my car. And from the manual, it looks like either Trips can be reset to zero. So From Reset would then be just, well, from reset, and not total? Surely I can't Reset the Total odometer! Also, the From Reset mileage /did not appear/ as if it included the original 11 miles the dealer told me the car had on it originally, although I can't be certain now, having put roughly 150 miles on the car. But the From Reset mileage showed 83 when I arrived home, after the NAV system told me it was 82 miles to my house (that is, not including the 11 original miles).
Old 01-03-2020, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 434 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Just went out to my car and here is what I found:

1) Picture of odometer with mileage from last reset. This is before the engine is turned on. I reset each time I fill up. I take the mileage and divide by gallons at next fill up to get average mile per gallon.
2) Picture of range.
3) By scrolling up using the black button on left side of the steering wheel you get to miles since last reset and odometer.
4) The reset and odometer is indicated by the top blue light being lit.

You cannot reset the total miles on the odometer

Hope this helps and explains. If it does, appreciate you leaving me a "like"

JTK 44

Odometer with range from last reset. At each fill up, I divide the miles by the gallons to get actual miles per gallon. I then reset. You cannot reset the lower miles which is the odometer

Engine running showing range

By scrolling up on the button on the left side of the steering wheel you get to miles since last reset and odometer - same information as at start up.

Note: the blue light at the top indicating mileage since last reset and odometer.
The following users liked this post:
rraisley (01-04-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 11:16 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E400S
Really? They're my least favorite part of the car. I really didn't want the Luxury, for its looks, but the slightly higher ride and some other little things, I preferred. On the Luxury E450 Sedan, 18" wheels are a special wheel design for the 450 over the 350. I did like those wheels. But don't care for these that much. I prefer the 19" wheel that is available with the Luxury, but wanted to keep to 18" for better ride and less chance of tire/wheel damage.
Congrats on a beautiful wagon package. Agree about the wheels; I much prefer the design and ride of the 5 spoke 18" that are only available on the sports package. Seems that you & I both made (different) compromises forced on us by MB for what combinations are available for W213 wagons in US. My decision was determined by interior color choices that forced me into the sports design (I wanted beige/black interior) even though I preferred the classic look of the luxury design for which that color combo is not available. To compensate for the lowered ride height I got air suspension on both front and rear axels, to allow me to increase ride height when needed, which I'm happy with. Also glad I got the acoustic package. Driver assistance (drive pilot etc) sucks compared to my wife's Tesla M3 with navigate by autopilot (soon to be self driving) but overall the wagon wins for my needs.

The blue/beige interior in your wagon is bold; if the blue really is darker than it looks in your photo's I'll consider for my next purchase, assuming MB will still bring wagons to US. The much more common beige/black combo works well, so I can see how a beige/blue would be even nicer. I have all weather black floor mats and a black trunk liner, and those do not bother me at all. Its enough work keeping the beige interior clean, without having to worry about floor mats ... but that's me being lazy.

2018 E400S
2008 BMW 535 Touring (retired)
1998 A4 Avant (retired)
rraisley (01-04-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 434 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Let us know how the leather beige holds up.

I have the beige in MB Tex and it takes no effort to keep clean. I realize I could not get ventilated seats with MB Tex. This is my second MB with MB Tex and I am totally satisfied.

My car has the black floor mats - so much better than my previous MB with light grey floor mats. :It doesn't take long to getting used to the floor mats being a different color than the rest of the interior.

I have a reservation on the new Mustang Mach E4 First Edition: there is no leather available for the car. I think we will be seeing more and more of this trend away from leather. Just my $.02.

I too have the Luxury styling and love the classic grill and MB star on the hood. Wheels to me are less important than size: For me comfort is very important and the Luxury Styling with the 18" wheels gives a much, much better ride than the 19" wheels and are less prone to damage.

Most of the threads complaining about the ride say it is the RF tires. However, almost everyone mentions that they have the 19" or 20" wheels - not the 18" wheels
rraisley (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 12:05 AM

Let us know how the leather beige holds up.
Will do.
I have the beige in MB Tex and it takes no effort to keep clean. I realize I could not get ventilated seats with MB Tex. This is my second MB with MB Tex and I am totally satisfied.
Yeah, as much as MB (and everyone else, it seems) loves the MB-Tex, you'd think they'd be able to put a few holes in it.
My car has the black floor mats - so much better than my previous MB with light grey floor mats. :It doesn't take long to getting used to the floor mats being a different color than the rest of the interior.
I'd like a matching blue, but a heather brown, preferably variegated, might be good. Can't find the right blue, only navy blue.
I too have the Luxury styling and love the classic grill and MB star on the hood. Wheels to me are less important than size: For me comfort is very important and the Luxury Styling with the 18" wheels gives a much, much better ride than the 19" wheels and are less prone to damage.

Most of the threads complaining about the ride say it is the RF tires. However, almost everyone mentions that they have the 19" or 20" wheels - not the 18" wheels
I'm very happy with the ride at this time, obviously on RF tires. And I personally feel the suspension is designed for them. So while another (non-RF) tire might be "more comfortable", to me that means softer. And if MB wanted a softer ride on the car, they'd have given it softer springs. Unless the RF tires give me a problem, I'm not going to second-guess MB engineers.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by wagonsrock
The blue/beige interior in your wagon is bold; if the blue really is darker than it looks in your photo's I'll consider for my next purchase, assuming MB will still bring wagons to US.
They're slightly darker, but also a bit less true blue (bit of gray mixed in). Actually, the MB site selector shows a pretty true color, just maybe a bit lighter than actual. I'm pleased with the color.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:09 AM

Hope this helps and explains. If it does, appreciate you leaving me a "like"
It does, and I did. ;-)

My trip mileage is resetting automatically every time I start out (if the car has sat for a couple hours, anyhow). Are there 2 Trip readings, one which won't reset until manually reset? If so, that would explain the From Reset. If so, I'll have to then see how many places have the Total mileage left visible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2020 E450 Wagon?