E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Adding an amplifier to E53 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 11:33 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2019 AMG E53 Cabriolet
Adding an amplifier to E53 Cabriolet

I was diving home with the top down, and wondered about adding a stereo amplifier to my new E53 Cabriolet. I know just about nothing about supplementing the amplifier to the factory Burmester Surround Sound system:

One of the most respected makers of handcrafted high-end home audio, Germany's Burmester® has developed a surround-sound system that's specifically tailored to the E-Class. With 13 high-quality speakers and a 590-watt, 9-channel digital amplifier, the system fills the cabin with pure surround sound while seamlessly compensating for ambient noise. Exquisitely detailed aluminum speaker grilles are as rewarding to the eyes as the system's output is to the most discerning ears.

Where do I start? Does the amplifier go in the trunk? Is it a seamless process? Any suggestions for types of amplifiers and where to start? Are the speakers capable to handle more power? I probably want to spend less than $1,500.00.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:44 AM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
If you already have the factory Burmester Surround Sound, which you appear to have, then you already have the complete description of the center paragraph. And I doubt, with already having 590 watts available, that you can add anything substantial to that, without also adding additional speakers, like in the no-longer-available-for-the-E-Class $4500 Burmester.