E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

E-Class "Advanced Alarm Sys & Parking Damage Detection"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 01:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 E450 Estate (currently negotiating order),2007 Lexus ES 350, 2010 Subaru Outback
E-Class "Advanced Alarm Sys & Parking Damage Detection"

My dealer sent me a 2020 ordering guide, updated as of 7/2019. I used this to build me E450 estate wagon. In the guide, it included a page for their "Advanced Alarm System and Parking Damage Detection" (codes 551, 852 and 08U). The guide stated "delayed availability". I want to build a 2020 car, and have this included. Does anyone know if this system is included in 2020 builds? Also, what are the descriptions for the three codes?
Old 10-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
I ordered one a little over a month ago, and all of the above are included in the specification I received. On my sheet, they're listed as:

551: Anti-Theft Alarm System
852: Alarm System
08U: Preinstallation for Vehicle Setup, (stops there - with the comma, so text may be truncated)

I've been told I'm getting it (the Advanced Alarm System and Parking Damage Detection)

The wagon DOG I have, revised 6/7/19 with "Information on Parking Damage Detector added to "Options in Detail" section, has no mention of delayed availability. The Head-Up Display /does/ have such a notation, but dealer said it was definitely available and I'm getting it.

My wagon will be designo Diamond White metallic with Macchiato Beige/Yacht Blue Nappa leather interior. What will yours be?
Old 10-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 MB E450, 2007 VW GTI
Originally Posted by rraisley
551: Anti-Theft Alarm System
852: Alarm System
08U: Preinstallation for Vehicle Setup, (stops there - with the comma, so text may be truncated
I took delivery of a 2020 E450 Sedan about one month ago and those three items were listed as Standard Accessories. The only difference I can note is that item 08U on my original build sheet was described as "MMC Remote Services".
Old 10-10-2019, 02:35 PM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
My UK model has those options and they can be accessed via Mercedes Me app. This means I can disable / enable alarm remotely (internal and motion sensor separately) and I get a notification if the car is touched when parked.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 E450 Estate (currently negotiating order),2007 Lexus ES 350, 2010 Subaru Outback
Thanks for your reply. I haven't ordered, yet. Stopped by a dealership to review E450 options with a sales person, then met a more technical person who went through/demonstrated all of the options so that I could better decide which to select. I'm retired and this will probably be my last (luxury) new-car buy. Intend to buy-and-keep, not lease. If I buy the E450, I'll order with the "luxury" style, 18" wheels, polar white exterior, Designo Macchatto Beige/Saddle Brown Exclusive Nappa leather, and most of the safety and comfort options. I'm interested in maximizing comfort and safety. Intend to use primarily for long-distance travel. Before finalizing my purchase, I intend to get bids from several dealerships. Living in central NJ, there are a lot of dealerships around to choose from.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Interesting that EU has that feature with the alarm, that is a good feature to be notified if the alarm is triggered via the app or email, wish they had that in the USA, maybe it will be added to the app soon, I know they are still working on things with the app. The thing thats referred to as parking damage, It sounds like that is the same as LIM which will actually stop the car if your going to hit something or if it detects a car moving behind you while backing up or a pedestrian. Good feature, saved me a few times. One time it happened I did not see the car coming as I was backing up, the car stopped so fast it felt as if I hit and thought for sure I'd just had a fender bender, the car saved me then for sure.

To the poster who is getting the diamond white ext with the Mach. white int and yacht blue, thats a nice combo, I have that in my Cabriolet only with that real light sen wood. Love the int. on that car. My wagon is a little dark with the brown int and the darker brown wood, too dark.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by maggs01
I'm retired and this will probably be my last (luxury) new-car buy. Intend to buy-and-keep, not lease. If I buy the E450, I'll order with the "luxury" style, 18" wheels, polar white exterior, Designo Macchatto Beige/Saddle Brown Exclusive Nappa leather, and most of the safety and comfort options. I'm interested in maximizing comfort and safety.
That pretty much describes me and my car, as well, except for different white and slightly different interior.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
To the poster who is getting the diamond white ext with the Mach. white int and yacht blue, thats a nice combo, I have that in my Cabriolet only with that real light sen wood. Love the int. on that car.
We saw that interior in a Cabriolet at the dealership, which is one reason we ordered it. Unfortunately, with the wagon, you don't get the blue lower door panels, carpeting and mats, it's all beige instead, which is a bit too much beige. But it will still be nice, and if we don't look down.... ;-)