Help needed for 2019 E300 - rear view mirror question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 04:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Infiniti M35x
Help needed for 2019 E300 - rear view mirror question

Hi all,

​​​So I was having a repair done on a radar detector that is partially installed on my rear view mirror. When my mirror was shipped apparently, the package was stolen so the shop had to order another rear view mirror for me to complete the repair.

Now that I have the new mirror I noticed that there is a small light under the mirror that seems to stay on at night and I didn't remember the back of the mirror being recessed in. I started investigating because I can't setup my Homelink buttons anymore which led me to dig further.

If any of you have time would you be able to post a picture of the back of your rear view mirror and under it? Or if you can confirm that there is a little light that stays on under the mirror on the right hand side that would be helpful as well.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Old 02-26-2020, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Originally Posted by Courthaven
Hi all,

​​​So I was having a repair done on a radar detector that is partially installed on my rear view mirror. When my mirror was shipped apparently, the package was stolen so the shop had to order another rear view mirror for me to complete the repair.

Now that I have the new mirror I noticed that there is a small light under the mirror that seems to stay on at night and I didn't remember the back of the mirror being recessed in. I started investigating because I can't setup my Homelink buttons anymore which led me to dig further.

If any of you have time would you be able to post a picture of the back of your rear view mirror and under it? Or if you can confirm that there is a little light that stays on under the mirror on the right hand side that would be helpful as well.

If I remember correctly there is a small light that stays on. It is separate though from the small reading/map light that can be turn on and off. I’ll try to look when i get back to my car and confirm.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:57 PM

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
2019 GLC300, 2017 E300
I think you posted on facebook too, and I replied this morning with a link to ebay with a mirror (with the light). Also, the homelink won't work without SCN coding (what I ran into). Ref LI68.05-P-064769
Old 02-26-2020, 06:41 PM

Infiniti M35x
Thanks again for your time. Hmm, SCN coding. Unfortunately, I am not sure with that is as my first mirror linked up right away. Now, I am guessing that the radar display installed in this second mirror might be affecting it since the first time around I had already programed it before getting the display added in. Ah well.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:04 PM

2019 GLC300, 2017 E300
Thanks again for your time. Hmm, SCN coding. Unfortunately, I am not sure with that is as my first mirror linked up right away. Now, I am guessing that the radar display installed in this second mirror might be affecting it since the first time around I had already programed it before getting the display added in. Ah well.
no, changing the mirror - the mirror needs to be coded to the car for the mirror to program. I literally just went through it. The lights flash but never take the programming.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:48 PM

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Hi all,

Here you go

Old 02-27-2020, 07:19 AM

Infiniti M35x
Thanks King!!!!! Wow, I can't believe that little light has been there the whole time.

Last edited by Courthaven; 02-27-2020 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:20 AM

Infiniti M35x
Originally Posted by Camaroguy72
no, changing the mirror - the mirror needs to be coded to the car for the mirror to program. I literally just went through it. The lights flash but never take the programming.
Ok great, so can the dealership program the mirror to the car or is there a way that I can do that? That would be awesome. This makes me feel a lot better.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:04 AM

2019 GLC300, 2017 E300
Ok great, so can the dealership program the mirror to the car or is there a way that I can do that? That would be awesome. This makes me feel a lot better.
dealership item for sure.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:15 PM

Infiniti M35x
Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2020, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 E220 2017
W213 2017

I have a W217, and have the rattling noise from my rear view mirror. If I tap the back of the mirror and can hear the rattle. Also my drive assist is limited , this is to some thing on my camera inside the mirror.
I had the service logs cleared by my local garage and he could not figure out the problem. I have looked up on the internet and it was more of a camera issue.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

Haroon