E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Battery reading 11.30v when not started

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by joesama
Did you get the user manual with the CTEK? I bought mine recently and the instructions were pretty clear and straight forward.
Just have a look at the diagram here.

If the question is where are the connectors in the car engine bay, see the below picture. You will have to remove the cover. There are couple of small turning clips you have to turn first which is on the cover. This is Australian version, right hand drive.. so depending where you are, this may be on the other side.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. But are we supposed to connect to the terminals available in the engine bay with this CTEK charger? Or this is the only way to connect as I can’t seem to find the negative terminal of the battery in the trunk as the battery is half covered up by the upholstery, only a portion is cut out which reveals the Positive terminal only.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
E300 4matic
this is interesting topic, since the Covid Pandemic, I am not traveling that much but for sure by next year I'll be out for a week and sometimes 3 weeks and the car will be parked there for the entire time.

Should I ask one of my friends to turn it on every couple of days or how can I turn on the standby mode?
Old 11-01-2020, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 776 Likes on 614 Posts
Originally Posted by Eng.A
this is interesting topic, since the Covid Pandemic, I am not traveling that much but for sure by next year I'll be out for a week and sometimes 3 weeks and the car will be parked there for the entire time.

Should I ask one of my friends to turn it on every couple of days or how can I turn on the standby mode?
Look in the Operators Guide that came with your car. In the US see page 157.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:59 PM

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts
2019 E 450 4 Matic T-model, 2014 Jag F-Type vert, 2004 Volvo V70R
JFTR, I had a CTEK battery manager fail after I think about eight years. I came back after the car being in storage for six months and it was just blinking away. WeatherTech is no longer selling the CTEK product, but a different and they say improved model. A different car stays in storage a different six months and I am planning on replacing that battery manager next year.