E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Apple CarPlay with IOS 14.3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Apple CarPlay with IOS 14.3

I recently updated my IPhone 11 X max to IOS 14.2. Drove the car yesterday for the 1st time since update the phone. I noticed that while using CarPlay and playing music while using Waze the music would constantly stop playing. I would then need to switch over to music and hit play. I even had instances where Apple Maps would pop on and replace Waze. Anyone else experienced any similar issues
Old 11-09-2020, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 518 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by kingscorpian27
I recently updated my IPhone 11 X max to IOS 14.2. Drove the car yesterday for the 1st time since update the phone. I noticed that while using CarPlay and playing music while using Waze the music would constantly stop playing. I would then need to switch over to music and hit play. I even had instances where Apple Maps would pop on and replace Waze. Anyone else experienced any similar issues
Might want to try swapping out lightening cables. I've had that kind of thing happen and found it to be a bad cable.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
I haven't used CarPlay since I updated to 14.2, but this sounds like a reoccurrence of a previous bug related to Waze (see link). Waze has caused a number of issues with audio and CarPlay recently and they seem to struggle to quash those bugs for good. I've never used Waze much as I've never been impressed with the app and quality of it, but I've recently completely uninstalled it in response to reports that merely having Waze installed causes audio problems on the iPhone. Does this problem occur if you use Google Maps? May have to uninstall Waze at least temporarily to make sure it's not messing with the music playback even if you are not currently using it.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...ne-144605.html

Old 11-10-2020, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by superswiss
I haven't used CarPlay since I updated to 14.2, but this sounds like a reoccurrence of a previous bug related to Waze (see link). Waze has caused a number of issues with audio and CarPlay recently and they seem to struggle to quash those bugs for good. I've never used Waze much as I've never been impressed with the app and quality of it, but I've recently completely uninstalled it in response to reports that merely having Waze installed causes audio problems on the iPhone. Does this problem occur if you use Google Maps? May have to uninstall Waze at least temporarily to make sure it's not messing with the music playback even if you are not currently using it.

Quick follow up. Just went for a drive listening to Pandora and navigating with Google Maps. Even used a third app on the phone itself to place a coffee order from the car along the way. All working fine. The music volume fades (doesn't go out completely) during navigation instructions and resumes normally afterwards. Even disregarded the suggested route, to get a bunch of rerouting instructions and all worked as it should. Pretty sure your issue is with buggy Waze. I have an iPhone XS.
The following users liked this post:
kingscorpian27 (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 06:08 PM

Thank you for the link. I have not tried Google maps as yet but will try that this weekend.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Might want to try swapping out lightening cables. I've had that kind of thing happen and found it to be a bad cable.
Thank you, its a fairly new cable but I will try another
Old 11-10-2020, 06:11 PM

Quick follow up. Just went for a drive listening to Pandora and navigating with Google Maps. Even used a third app on the phone itself to place a coffee order from the car along the way. All working fine. The music volume fades (doesn't go out completely) during navigation instructions and resumes normally afterwards. Even disregarded the suggested route, to get a bunch of rerouting instructions and all worked as it should. Pretty sure your issue is with buggy Waze. I have an iPhone XS.
Thank you