E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

LED Turbine Air Vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 02:34 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
W221/W222/W213/X290
LED Turbine Air Vents

I know there are a couple of threads about this already, but none of them actually show any steps as to how to wire the vents to the center console. Has anyone recently swapped over from the traditional vents to the "turbine" air vents in the W213? I would like the LED turbine vents but don't want to start the project without a little insight.

Also, the other threads say they plugged into the display, but I cannot do that since my display does not have LED lighting, so I have to plug it into the center console ports somehow. Can anyone shed any light on this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
EMEIVI (12-08-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 04:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
W213 E63s
Originally Posted by Billyismyname
I know there are a couple of threads about this already, but none of them actually show any steps as to how to wire the vents to the center console. Has anyone recently swapped over from the traditional vents to the "turbine" air vents in the W213? I would like the LED turbine vents but don't want to start the project without a little insight.

Also, the other threads say they plugged into the display, but I cannot do that since my display does not have LED lighting, so I have to plug it into the center console ports somehow. Can anyone shed any light on this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Here are shown very good instructions but in german. This helped me alot

The following users liked this post:
Billyismyname (11-19-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 05:42 AM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
whilst not an expert i would suggest that if you do not have the 64 LED lighting fitting to your car then there will be nowhere to plug in the wiring to (?) as this is how it know what colour to change to when directed via the Command screen?
Old 11-17-2020, 08:45 PM

W221/W222/W213/X290
Originally Posted by Bfgslkman
whilst not an expert i would suggest that if you do not have the 64 LED lighting fitting to your car then there will be nowhere to plug in the wiring to (?) as this is how it know what colour to change to when directed via the Command screen?
All new Mercedes E Class models in the US come with 64 different colors. Doesn't matter if you have or don't have the massive LCD screens. I have the traditional one with one big screen.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:15 PM

W221/W222/W213/X290
Originally Posted by TBK61
Here are shown very good instructions but in german. This helped me alot

https://youtu.be/j9hOug1HFFc
You sir are a goddess! thank you so much, and luckily i speak German so I will understand what they're saying haha.

Where did you buy the wiring harness and the vents from? In the video they have one box with everything inside of it. Did you purchase the same or buy everything separately?
Old 11-18-2020, 02:41 PM

W213 E63s
You sir are a goddess! thank you so much, and luckily i speak German so I will understand what they're saying haha.

Where did you buy the wiring harness and the vents from? In the video they have one box with everything inside of it. Did you purchase the same or buy everything separately?
Bought for 218euros front and rear vents with black box and wire harness on Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPeOFb
The following 2 users liked this post by TBK61:
Billyismyname (11-19-2020), sillen963 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 01:09 PM

W221/W222/W213/X290
Bought for 218euros front and rear vents with black box and wire harness on Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPeOFb

Sweet! I just ordered it. One last question I promise: Did you have to bring it to Mercedes to get it coded? In the video they say you don't have to, but others are telling me otherwise. I really appreciate your help, you're the only person on this forum who's been helpful!

Cheers!
Old 11-19-2020, 01:14 PM

W213 E63s
Sweet! I just ordered it. One last question I promise: Did you have to bring it to Mercedes to get it coded? In the video they say you don't have to, but others are telling me otherwise. I really appreciate your help, you're the only person on this forum who's been helpful!

Cheers!
You dont need coding only plug in to your oem ambient lighting. ONLy You need to have oem ambient 64 Led lighting to work.

Also i istalled led Roof speakers from aliexpress

Old 11-19-2020, 01:22 PM

W221/W222/W213/X290
You dont need coding only plug in to your oem ambient lighting. ONLy You need to have oem ambient 64 Led lighting to work.

Also i istalled led Roof speakers from aliexpress

That is going to be the next project after the vents

Sounds good. I was told if you do not have the full LCD screen (i have the old school speedometer but do have the COMAND full screen) it won't work and you need to have it. In the video he taps it into the existing Ambient lighting panel on the left drivers side.

And yes, I have the 64 different colors in my Mercedes.