missing second sun visor MY21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
Originally Posted by murman
Do you have the panoramic roof? If so, I'd be interested to know how you can vent with the shade closed.
No, I have the standard moonroof. As someone mentioned, I have the slats in the shade and I can just tilt up the physical moonroof for air. It is possible that the vents in the shade have since been removed as mentioned by another poster.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:48 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Originally Posted by joshg1001
No, I have the standard moonroof. As someone mentioned, I have the slats in the shade and I can just tilt up the physical moonroof for air. It is possible that the vents in the shade have since been removed as mentioned by another poster.
Ah, gotcha. I used to have the standard sunroof in my S211, and that had the same venting option as yours. Unfortunately, with a panoramic roof, it seems that venting with the shade closed is not possible.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 E300
Ah, I see what you are saying now. I think all pano MB cars lose the vents because it has to have a rolling shade that goes completely away for the full pano effect. But the shade material in the pano is thin, and if I recall, lets light through. In that sense, Im sure if you tilted the roof, it would still let enough air in/out
Old 01-13-2021, 01:04 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2012 E550 Sedan
Originally Posted by Mavrogenis
My MY 21 E350 is missing the small second sun visor that my MY18 E300 had. I believe it was deleted starting with the MY20 E-Class. I'd love to install the 2nd sun visor even if I have to replace both sun visors. It appears that the clips that hold both sun visors are a one piece item. Thus I would not be able to buy just the smaller sun visor and it's associated clips.
Has anyone replaced the single E-Class MY19, 20 or 21 with the dual sun visors available as standard equipment on the 2017 & 2018 E-Class sedans.
I have a W212 with the dual sun visors and I really like that feature. It's a shame that Mercedes got rid of it. I also like the little grocery bag hook in the trunk. Mercedes got rid of that for a year or two, but brought it back after customers complained. Hopefully, they bring back the dual visors for 2022.

Anyway, I found the dual visors on Ebay for $49.99 with free shipping. They are used from a 2019 E class. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to install, but I don't think it would be that hard. Here's the Ebay link:
https://www.ebay.com/i/254405215771?...yABEgL-b_D_BwE

For only a few dollars more I found new dual sun visors from an online site. They have a bunch of different part numbers. Make sure you read the description carefully so you get the right color, side, material etc. (The visors covered in suede cost several hundred more). Link:
https://www.autohauspartsdelivered.c..._id=&page_url=

Last edited by jumpman726; 01-13-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:33 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2012 E550 Sedan
I was looking at new 2021 E350's online and when I clicked on the vehicle records for the car it showed me the MSRP Window Sticker and under standard accessories it listed code "543 Double Sun Visors." Aren't those the double sun visors that the OP said was missing from his car? If so, why are some cars getting it and some aren't? Part supply problem?

Last edited by jumpman726; 01-20-2021 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:02 AM

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts
2019 E 450 4 Matic T-model, 2014 Jag F-Type vert, 2004 Volvo V70R
Strange things happen. When I bought the MY12 E I was advised there was a problem with the four disc CD player and the car might come thru with a one disc player and a credit.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:42 PM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
Originally Posted by Zanotti
I went from a 2018 E4504W to what I though was the same car, but improved with a 2021 E450W4.

The de-contenting of the new car is shocking.

Small things:

One sun visor
No clock
No Passenger seat controls on drivers door
No Soft close doors
No Lighted door sills (now an additional option)
No upper windshield dark strip - sun protection
Retrograded CarPlay integration - no longer full screen
No wireless CarPlay - mostly standard on all cars now

The overall experience is less in the new car than the old one. The new engine is slower, even with the EQ boost. Yes, on paper similar HP figures, but I tell you the straight 6 doesn't rev or run like the V6. The new leather steering wheel is huge, unnecessarily so.

The car is a bit more upright in posture, and quiet - but the overall driving experience is a bit less, I cannot really say why. The electronic integration from the dual screens, to the web interface is pretty much crap. Simply tuning radio stations takes many more clicks than before - the dance opening screen is useless. Voice integration is impossible to use effectively.

Looks like MB put all their development into the Nav system, which is nice, but we all use Waze anyway, so I never use the in car electronics. Its a total waste - use integrate the phone perfectly and give up internal electronic development!

It's a lease, and my third in a row. 200+ miles in it doesn't feel like an upgrade!
If you had the opportunity would you have kept your prior E class. I ask as I have a 2019 E300
and I’m thinking about buying a 2021. From what you wrote it seems like the 2021 is a strep down from the 2020 or 2019. Good luck
Old 01-21-2021, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e400
I only have 800 miles on the new one. It is exceedingly quiet, and does handle rough roads very well. The de-contenting is really just irritating.

That said, I really loved the 2018 model - maybe it was just my configuration, I thought I was replicating what I had, but maybe missed a couple things (and to be fair, some were not offered yet in the configurator.)

Would I have kept the old one longer? Yes, I would have - but it was a lease and I didn't want to buy out the lease, so a new one was predetermined.

I am having this one's windows tinted, that always makes the car cozier and more home cave like.

If you like your old one and are undecided and can wait a year, it might be best.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Wow sorry to here those surprising details of the 2021. My plan has been for a while now to keep my 2019 wagon as long as possible. It is mostly garages at this point only like 4K miles a year. Up to 22k miles on it now. The first year I drove it more. Sounds like this is a good plan just keeping it in food shape with low mikes as long as possible and it probably should hold its value well. I really do like v6 a lot. It really does drive like a sports car in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 E300
I ddi notice that when I spec the exact same 2021 vehicle, it comes out ever so slightly cheaper than my 2017 model, which is almost fully loaded. So I dont really understand the need to decontent the vehicle. Granted the starting price is a few grand higher (I think 2K?)
Old 03-31-2021, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Wagon
according to MB Russia, the secondary sun visor listed as an option for MY21.
https://www.mercedes-benz.ru/passeng...nterior_extras

Old 04-07-2021, 02:55 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Helpful thread

I have an 2018 220d wagon in France. Lovely car lease ends in Sept. There is now nothing better to replace it with the new cars have the irritations mentioned for me primarily loss of the passenger seat adjustment and the rear seat electronic release switch alongside the seats in the cabin. The clock is something I would miss too but am not sure if that might be an option. But for me the changes are much worse I can get a 4matic only if I upgrade to the E400 which here attracts a one off tax penalty of over 11,000 euros on first registration! Or the all terrain which I do not want really as I would prefer a less full on design. To go hybrid means I cannot have 4matic which is a dealbreaker for me. All extremely frustrating.

in my case it has pushed me to look at the EQC which we are lucky enough to have here in France despite it costing 9,000 euro more. I had noticed the awful plastic covers that where the rear seat release switches would be and was looking now to see if the memory seats had the passenger function I suspect not as the switch is blank with no markings. So even though I am probably paying a lot more I am receiving less of the day to day functionality😤things I had got used to. No clock either and no possibility to change the black gloss centre panel to match the door trim which can be changed....why one not the other especially as the GLC can have a wood centre console 😤😤 I was beginning to think Mercedes where being mean with the EQC on the basis it was C class segment but it seems not it is an acros the board diminution. The e is going to be struggling looking at the new c interior but I bet that if you look close will have the same minus memory seat package and rear seat switches. Makes the EQC feel more attractive though less of a feeling of being cheated of toys from the e not making it into the EQC.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 E53
Yup

Originally Posted by Zanotti
I went from a 2018 E4504W to what I though was the same car, but improved with a 2021 E450W4.

The de-contenting of the new car is shocking.

Small things:

One sun visor
No clock
No Passenger seat controls on drivers door
No Soft close doors
No Lighted door sills (now an additional option)
No upper windshield dark strip - sun protection
Retrograded CarPlay integration - no longer full screen
No wireless CarPlay - mostly standard on all cars now

The overall experience is less in the new car than the old one. The new engine is slower, even with the EQ boost. Yes, on paper similar HP figures, but I tell you the straight 6 doesn't rev or run like the V6. The new leather steering wheel is huge, unnecessarily so.

The car is a bit more upright in posture, and quiet - but the overall driving experience is a bit less, I cannot really say why. The electronic integration from the dual screens, to the web interface is pretty much crap. Simply tuning radio stations takes many more clicks than before - the dance opening screen is useless. Voice integration is impossible to use effectively.

Looks like MB put all their development into the Nav system, which is nice, but we all use Waze anyway, so I never use the in car electronics. Its a total waste - use integrate the phone perfectly and give up internal electronic development!

It's a lease, and my third in a row. 200+ miles in it doesn't feel like an upgrade!
and they now charge $35 for the small first aid kit in the trunk. Remember to remove it when purchasing a new vehicle.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:57 AM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
2023 E Class

Originally Posted by Jmarr
and they now charge $35 for the small first aid kit in the trunk. Remember to remove it when purchasing a new vehicle.
I was thinking about buying a W214 when they come out in January 2023. I have a 2019 E300-4 matic and I started to notice all the decontenting you mentioned and it seems to me MB accountants are running the company now as they nickel and dime their way into 2nd or 3rd place in the luxury car market. As for the W214, I’ve seen spy photos of it and it’s just a copy of the current S class on a smaller scale and the center console looks ugly!