E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

S-213 Cargo Area Protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 08:53 AM

Received 171 Likes on 108 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by pdhoffmann
@Kevin_T I’m curious what, if anything, you ended up with. I’m going back and forth on whether to put anything in the back of our two day old E450 Wagon to protect from the dog. We have the carpet mat that came with the vehcile and usually have a dog blanket in the back, but feels like a more permanent solution would be helpful.

On the canvasback cover specifically, what experience do folks have with dogs getting a grip on that surface? Seems like its pretty slick and I could see them sliding around in tight turns or quick braking. I touched the brakes a little too hard yesterday in traffic and our dog slid on a blanket into the footwell with the seats folded down. He was fine, but I’d like him to have some more grip. (I know many will say doggo should be in a crate in the car, but it’s not going to happen).

Also, noticed you said you have a newf. We have a four month old Newfie puppy and pretty much bought the wagon so he could get in / out easier than our truck or an SUV.
When I used my canvasback liner with my two Greyhounds, I put down a big thick cotton blanket to prevent them sliding around and it adds comfort for them to lie down and sleep. When the blanket gets dirty, simply throw it into the washing machine.