E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Service plan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A6 Avant
Service plan

Is the service plan worth it if I'm not bothered about using Mercedes to service my car??

I believe I keep roadside assistance if I use them and obviously it helps to keep it "used approved" standard but other than that would it be much cheaper just to use a local, trustworthy mechanic??

£42 a month is not too painful but over a year it adds up and I don't know what a service should cost elsewhere.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:30 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
2019 W213 E Class Estate
Deleted

Last edited by jimbg; 05-20-2021 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A6 Avant
Originally Posted by jimbg
i have given you a clue before how to find answer to questions that are related to use in the UK.
As I do not wish to get banned from this site for providing links to other MB forums, I will not post any more links to useful UK answers for you.
So are you saying that this site is useless for me?? I have read threads on here from uk users so not sure why I should not ask questions here. Is it just that you're suggesting I may find more help on other forums??
I do appreciate your help I'm just not sure why this forum isn't for me.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:00 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
2019 W213 E Class Estate
Deleted

Last edited by jimbg; 05-20-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 807 Likes on 639 Posts
I wouldn't say that this site is worthless because it contains valuable info for MB owners no matter what marketing region they reside. That being said, warranty terms, service policies and service providers vary greatly between the regions. One will most likely get more appropriate service and service provider info from a site that is tailored to their region.
The following users liked this post:
jaffajim0 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-16-2022, 06:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 GLE 450 & 1999 CLK320
2022 GLE 450

Upgraded from 2017 GLE 350 to the 2022 GLE 450 - I have so many gripes!!
one being the tech/app/ internet - originally the car Wi-Fi and additional magic features were via Att and part of your original trial and the original MercedesMe app while boasting an unattractive front end eventually was developed into a dynamic user friendly attractive and convenient tool. Easy to decipher - “Remote Start” vs the new “engine” (like I’d think to look at “engine” to remote start my car), and send to Benz!
I don’t live in an urban area - I’m rural! And Att - I never had an issue with the car features which required Wi-Fi and the in car Wi-Fi
now they’ve switched to T-Mobile - I had to pay an exuberant amount for Wi-Fi in car and to make the cars features work. Half the time the Wi-Fi doesn’t work.
and I was getting billed for both mBrace and Mercedes Me - apparently the two departments don’t speak- and trying ti connect to customer service from my car info button is a joke! Thank god I wasn’t stranded on the side of the ride. Anyway they couldn’t help
Called T-Mobile number from Daimler Drive hotspot or whatever it’s called- they couldn’t do anything
they could see I was online but weren’t able to send a refresh signal. They also said too bad so sad about the quality of service - offered no credits - and no suggestions

don’t get me started on hey Mercedes- she’s useless and the car really should come with a list of prompts - cause the only thing I can do is have her open roller blinds - and that’s if I can get the specific wording correct.

I don’t have the net on floor passenger sidewall- most people have been complaining - yes it’s annoying as my umbrella has always lived there- I feel like I’m missing the tray in the center console- looks very much like there is supposed to be one - but asked dealer and showed pix- that was a no.
the sunglass holder is infuriating- I’d say put them in glove box - but since they got rid of the shelf for the Mercedes’ user novel - that now has to live in glove box slash catch all bottomless pit so there is no room in there for sunglasses -
for a car that has an absurd amount of ambient lighting colors to choose from you’d think they’d think about little vehicle compartments -
They did give me a $200 credit for wireless car charging (chip issue I presume) -
those are the gripes- they keep changing things and bringing back things that weren’t great - like auto on off

now if someone has any insight on these things I’d be forever grateful-
seem to have issues with the stereo - I’ve owned 8 MBs and this one is by far the worst stereo yet- stereo tech explained to me what manufacturers are doing to spare cost of blown speakers but it’s a loss for consumers grrrrrr - can’t tell whether iPhone Eq or Bluetooth or MB stereo or USB is canceling out eq or tweaking volume - but it’s frustrating and not great-

two heard lack of sunglass holder was removed to implement the intuitive gesture feature- now I swore on victory ride home from dealership I was hovering hand over command and things on screen were changing- but maybe I was wrong
anyway - window sheet doesn’t show anything about gesture feature- but it also doesn’t the magic trunk opening hands free thing - ran vin number
also doesn’t specify gestures - but also doesn’t specify things the car for sure has.

and does the gesture feature cause the MB to recognize a passenger and automatically create their profile - or is that just standard?
and if so how to do I create a passenger profile?

how do I know if my car has intuitive gestures?

No sunglass holder- but apparently that means intuitive gesture?? Any thoughts?