E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Intermittent android auto and Carplay issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 10:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 E400 S213
Intermittent android auto and Carplay issue?

Recently I've begun experiencing a bit of an odd problem with both android auto and Carplay. Two times now I've started the car, plugged in my phone, waited for the service to start. It starts like normal but there is no sound, from navigation or music or podcasts or anything. Last time it happened I pulled over to mess with it and discovered that restarting the center display via the center console power button didn't help and neither did restarting the car, restarting the phone, switching phones and cables to android etc

The only way I could get it working was to leave the car off long enough to actually allow all the electronics to reset or whatever, then it worked again. I've got an appointment with Mercedes next week to look at it. I was thinking of suggesting they update it since I think my COMAND is still original version from 2017 (car is an E400) but otherwise any ideas?
Old 06-03-2021, 11:16 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
2019 W213 E Class Estate
I would ssy first thing to do is to make sure you are on latest versions of software.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 E400 S213
I was a bit surprised when I dropped the car off at the dealer today to find out that the extended warranty won't cover upgrading software, even in a case where there is an issue like this - if they can't reproduce it then they're going to charge me a diag fee and then charge me the time to update the software. Kind of sucks since I can't figure out how to trigger this problem which basically means I'll just have to live with it unless I can figure out a work around myself.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
E300
I have a 2017 and my CarPlay works fine. Never had that issue.

sometimes it doesn’t start so I have to hit the home button on the right side of the steering wheel and select CarPlay from the big screen on the right.

hopefully the dealer update helps you.