E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Windshield Replacement - Anyone Used MB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by joshg1001
so safelight ordered oem bmw glass for you? they didn't even try to give you a cheaper replacement?
Yes, they do that if you tell them you want OEM glass. I've used them to install OEM glass on prior cars that didn't require any kind of calibration. They order the glass from the local dealership and then come out to install it.
The following users liked this post:
JTK44 (10-10-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
Interesting. Im still skeptical about how its going to work with insurance but its on my to do list. Also, a headache is having safelight coordinate the calibration of the driver assistance systems.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 Arriving soon. 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by joshg1001
Interesting. Im still skeptical about how its going to work with insurance but its on my to do list. Also, a headache is having safelight coordinate the calibration of the driver assistance systems.
safelite never questioned it. State Farm didn’t. Actually,when it first chipped, I had it repaired. A year later it started to expand. I called StateFarm. They had someone call me . Whoever StateFarm has coordinated with. Made the appointment with safelite through them. A few days later it was replaced in my driveway. HUD and LKAS. Pre COVID. Installer took it for a 10 minute drive. Everything worked. HUD was clear. Sometimes people worry too much.
JTK44 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 04:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
21 E450 Wagon and 07 SL55
I am also in Austin and I am going through the same process right now. I am using Safellite through my insurance and it took about a week to get the factory windshield delivered to them and now I am just waiting for my install date to arrive.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:29 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
GL350
Originally Posted by CarFan1
Funny, my windshield was just hit by a huge rock about 10 days ago. I took the number of the plate of the truck and had the presence of mind to take photos of the truck and the company. I contacted the company and told them about the incident. A week later the company's insurance company said the truck driver said that he didn't do it and the only evidence counter was my complaint. They refused to cover it. So I have to use my insurance with a $300 collision deductible to cover it. Thing is, I'm no where near the dealer. If I had to drive there would they give me a loaner or can they replace it in a few hours while I wait?

And now you know to get a dashcam. Although it might not have been a good claim - did the rock come from the road, kicked up by truck tires? That's an act of God and not the fault of the truck. Or did it fly out of the bed of a poorly covered dump truck?
CaliBenzDriver (11-17-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 08:42 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
It was truck carrying lots of rocks. Came out of the top of the truck bed and hit my car. Not sure whether it was taking them away or delivering them to a place. Fortunately, I called a nearby company and they told me that they would order an OEM windshield and install it while I waited. Did it last week. It took a little more than 3 hours. I haven't decided whether I will pursue the matter legally or not. But I was struck by the statement of their insurance company that they had asked the truck driver if his rocks hit my window and he said no and that was sufficient.

The problem is now fixed and the car is like new. Just passed 20k miles and now my focus is wondering about an extended warranty.