E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Engine warning light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 05:35 PM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
Engine warning light

The engine diagnosis warning light just appeared on my 2017 e300. I have a service appointment already scheduled in 2 1/2 weeks for annual maintenance. I'm wondering if it's ok to drive the car in the interim or whether to try moving up the appointment. I spoke to a service advisor who said it could be caused by a loose gas cap but that's not the problem. He also said that, as long as the car isn't running roughly, it was OK to drive until the scheduled appointment. Just looking for any additional advice/opinions. Don't want the engine to suffer damage and then get blamed for driving with the light on.

On another subject, we just drove from San Francisco to San Diego and back...with side trips about 1500 miles. I was very impressed with the handling and also the power from the 4 cylinder engine. I used Apple Carplay instead of the built in navigation for the first time and it was flawless, including getting us around LA traffic and road hazards.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 434 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by Tiburonsteve
The engine diagnosis warning light just appeared on my 2017 e300. I have a service appointment already scheduled in 2 1/2 weeks for annual maintenance. I'm wondering if it's ok to drive the car in the interim or whether to try moving up the appointment. I spoke to a service advisor who said it could be caused by a loose gas cap but that's not the problem. He also said that, as long as the car isn't running roughly, it was OK to drive until the scheduled appointment. Just looking for any additional advice/opinions. Don't want the engine to suffer damage and then get blamed for driving with the light on.

On another subject, we just drove from San Francisco to San Diego and back...with side trips about 1500 miles. I was very impressed with the handling and also the power from the 4 cylinder engine. I used Apple Carplay instead of the built in navigation for the first time and it was flawless, including getting us around LA traffic and road hazards.
I think your SA is correct.

I always use Apple Car Play and Waze rather than MB Navigation.

Just my $.02.