E400d Power & Drivetrain Limits.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RWD CLS63 Shooting Brake
E400d Power & Drivetrain Limits.

Hello, hope yous are well.

ive a very long list of questions here 😅. Hopefully a lot of you guys with vastly more knowledge than me can shed some light on these questions. Yes this is probably sacrilege.. but someone has to do it. Just don’t fancy doing it at the expense of a lengthy receipt for parts from Mercedes.

“Just buy an AMG” as much as I would love to. I do 30,000 miles a year and simply will not commit to the fuel price of running a petrol that much. This car will get 50mpg commuting, and still puts down plenty power when I’m wanting to have a little fun. Plus, there is a inline six diesel record to be chased here maybe 🤷‍♂️

4matic Drivetrain:
  • 2019 model year car, does this come with Gen3 or Gen4 4matic?
  • Will the half shafts withstand 1000nm of torque?? I know the RS6’s are prone to snapping before that figure, but a basic 330d will take 1000nm through them fine so would need futher information on these please.

gearbox:
The 9G Tronic (W9A 700)(725.0)
  • What is the power limit of these? MB claims the e400d is limited to the 700nm(526ftlb) because of the gearbox. However people push as much as 820nm(626ftlb) through the box with seemingly no problem from a nice custom tune. So I guess I’m wondering if anyone knows the limit? Would it take 100nm of punishment for a few years with regular servicing
  • is their any company that can provide TCU software for this?

Engine:
Stock - 340hp 700nm
long term goal - 450hp 1000nm

Where to start…
  • BorgWarner E-Boost turbo limit? It does t appear to be a large turbo charger. So I think it might run out of potential rather fast as 340hp is already impressive
  • charge cooler. The water to air cooler is supposed to be the limit of this engine in regards to it being tuned from a stock configuration according to VS-Performance from Russia. Can anyone confirm?
  • EGR, to delete or not to delete. That is the question… can it be mapped out?? Can it be blanked without the car going into limo mode!
  • fuel pump. I genuinely couldn’t even find a part number never mind statistics haha.
also, who is the go to for diesel tuning in the UK. darkside developments have refused to touch the car because it’s not VAG/BMW, looking for someone to spend real time dialing the car in, don’t face smoke or high EGT’s

thank you very much in advance to all those who help out. Cheers x