E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

E-300 Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercades Benz E-300
E-300 Tune

Hey guys I bought a 2017 Mercedes E-300 Luxury package, it’s the 2.0 L turbo. I love the car but it’s just not quite fast enough. It had about 241 Stock Hp, but I found an “OE Tuning”, tune for about $1,300 with the popcorn exhaust feature. It says it pushes the car up to 306 HP and 345+ torque. I tired to look up what kind of transmission was in my car and I found info on a “9G-Tronic” transmission which I believe is in my car. I do indeed have a 9 speed and this is the transmission that I think is In my car. It says online that this trans can handle up to 516 foot pounds of torque. I could not find the Max hp numbers for this transmission but if it can support 516 foot pounds of torque then I am assuming it can handle 306 hp. Lastly I was trying to find the numbers that the stock rear differential could handle, this is where my research fell short. I could not track down the max hop limits and torque limits that it could handle. My question for all of you is do you think that this tune would be healthy for my car and not cause too many issues with it being an every day driver? Also do you think that the stock drive train in this car could support this influx in power because the car is completely stock?

pictures of the Tune are attached.

Old 11-28-2021, 09:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,955 Likes on 3,110 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Is this your daily driver?

Do you plan to sell the car soon or to own it until high mileage?

Do you have the financial resources to repair this car or buy a new one if the worst case happens?

Please read about E300 piston cracking. Same as C300 and GLC300 piston cracking.
The following users liked this post:
AllPhonesAretap (07-07-2022)
Old 11-29-2021, 01:31 AM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
E300 Tuning

Originally Posted by Anthonycova
Hey guys I bought a 2017 Mercedes E-300 Luxury package, it’s the 2.0 L turbo. I love the car but it’s just not quite fast enough. It had about 241 Stock Hp, but I found an “OE Tuning”, tune for about $1,300 with the popcorn exhaust feature. It says it pushes the car up to 306 HP and 345+ torque. I tired to look up what kind of transmission was in my car and I found info on a “9G-Tronic” transmission which I believe is in my car. I do indeed have a 9 speed and this is the transmission that I think is In my car. It says online that this trans can handle up to 516 foot pounds of torque. I could not find the Max hp numbers for this transmission but if it can support 516 foot pounds of torque then I am assuming it can handle 306 hp. Lastly I was trying to find the numbers that the stock rear differential could handle, this is where my research fell short. I could not track down the max hop limits and torque limits that it could handle. My question for all of you is do you think that this tune would be healthy for my car and not cause too many issues with it being an every day driver? Also do you think that the stock drive train in this car could support this influx in power because the car is completely stock?

pictures of the Tune are attached.
Email Sent.
We are currently running a sale for MB World members.

$550 - M274 300 2.0L i4 Turbo - Tune including MyGenius
+$100 for added exhaust pops

Old 11-29-2021, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercades Benz E-300
Reply to questions

Originally Posted by chassis
Is this your daily driver?

Do you plan to sell the car soon or to own it until high mileage?

Do you have the financial resources to repair this car or buy a new one if the worst case happens?

Please read about E300 piston cracking. Same as C300 and GLC300 piston cracking.
I do plan on owning the car until high mileage and I would not prefer to put a lot of money in the car. I will definitely check out the Piston cracking that you are talking about.