E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Help with memory seats in W213 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coupe
Help with memory seats in W213 coupe

Hi, picked up my first Mercedes today and very pleased with it so far. The interior is very nice!

I do have one issue however and cannot find the answer after 4hrs of internet searching so hopefully you guys can help!

my memory seat buttons 1,2 and 3 don’t move the drivers seat, they move the steering wheel however nothing from the seats. The seat also doesn’t move forward when the handle is pulled for someone to get in the back.

I can move the seat using the buttons so I know the seat functions perfectly just not the above memory and rear access. Can anyone please help me?

passenger seat works exactly as it should.

Last edited by TorqueSense; 12-17-2021 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,453 Likes on 2,088 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by TorqueSense
Hi, picked up my first Mercedes today and very pleased with it so far. The interior is very nice!

I do have one issue however and cannot find the answer after 4hrs of internet searching so hopefully you guys can help!

my memory seat buttons 1,2 and 3 don’t move the drivers seat, they move the steering wheel however nothing from the seats. The seat also doesn’t move forward when the handle is pulled for someone to get in the back.

I can move the seat using the buttons so I know the seat functions perfectly just not the above memory and rear access. Can anyone please help me?

Welcome to the forums, good to have you here. Congrats on your C238 E-Class, please post pictures : )

If pulling the handle doesn't work, try tilting and pushing it a little towards the front for the mechanism (or likely a sensor) to sense it, then the seat will start to move forward.

The memory seats is probably set to the previous owner's preferences, adjust your seat to your liking and then press M once and then press 1 or 2 or 3 and you will hear a tone. That confirms memory seat position 1 or 2 or 3 depending on which one you chose has set to it.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 298 Posts
EQ
The fact that using the seat handle to move the seat forward isn't working may point to a blown fuse or other issue. Try as W205 above suggested and let us know how that goes.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by TorqueSense

Sounds like the seat position calibration is lost. You should do the same as for windows to calibrate/normalise the position sensors, keep the seat moving forwards as long as it goes, keep the button pressed a few seconds after the seat stops moving. The same backwards. You may need to calibrate other sensors too, seat up/down, backrest forward/backwards etc.
Old 12-19-2021, 11:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
No such model as 213 coupe depending on your market location either 207 or 238 post your VIN. If setting memory properly some have reported rear access malfunction resolved by replacing seat switch may also be the reason for memory seat function malfunction even though seat moves fine. For definitive diagnose have some pull fault codes, reluctant to do so with VIN I can pull switch part #.