E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Reconnect Mercedes Me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 10:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'23 W213, '23 BMW 760, '19 BMW X3
Reconnect Mercedes Me?

Anyone know how to reestablish connection between a car ('20 E450 wagon) and the Mercedes Me Connect app (latest IOS). Mine shows the car and the usual info like fuel level, etc., but has not been updated in 4 months, no longer sends texts when the car remains unlocked, etc. I have tried calling the help line but was sent to voicemail and there's been no response. I am thinking about deleting the car from the app and trying to add it back in. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
King•24 (04-16-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Are you sure the subscription(s) haven't expired ?
Old 01-25-2022, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv
Are you sure the subscription(s) haven't expired ?
Yes, not expired. i can still sign on on my computer. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

are you in the states ?
seems things work different there from Europe and some services have been discontinued from what i understand

Old 01-25-2022, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by AlteMB
Yes, not expired. i can still sign on on my computer. Thanks.
Don't think the account ever expires. You can sign in even if you had no car. Are you services still valid?
Old 01-25-2022, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Don't think the account ever expires. You can sign in even if you had no car. Are you services still valid?
Yes, when I log in to the website on my computer it all shows up. I'm going to try a reboot of the system in the car. Or make a call to Mbrace from the car. It is highly frustrating to have the MB connect helpline simply ignore a call.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBrace: so u are in north America.
there are some problems with it.
am sure some Americans/Canadians here can tell you more
Old 01-25-2022, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,712 Likes on 2,477 Posts
2019 C63CS
If you remove the car, you'll have to visit a dealership to reactivate it again. There was another member a few months ago that had the same issue, but don't remember which model and how they resolved it. One possibility is that your HERMES module in the car locked up and needs to be reset. That would require a dealership visit. The Mercedes me connect support has been difficult to reach during the pandemic. I'm guessing they are all working from home. I've had best success by contacting them over email, but it'll take a while for them to respond. Especially now with omicron, everybody seems to be understaffed at the moment. FWIW, my live traffic stopped working about a year ago. It took a few weeks after I contacted them, but eventually they resolved the issue. BTW, you don't have mBrace, you have Mercedes me connect. Not sure if they are the same support line, so make sure you call the correct number.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:13 AM

Followup: I called MB Connect phone help line yesterday and finally reached someone. They had me remove the app from my phone, reinstall it, and log in again. The car showed up, but with data still 4 months old. They now have a screen shot of what the app is showing and have opened a support ticket for further investigation. There may be a problem in the receiver in the car.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:40 AM

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 E450 Wagon
Have your tried using the button in the car to contact the Mercedes Me service? That would tell you if the car can connect to any cell service in your area. It's the button next to the SOS button on the headliner above the rear view mirror.

I know I have never tried it, since I purchased the car over a year ago. But, I'm getting the updates from the car to the app. And, can remote start, etc.

I purchased the car from an Audi dealer, and to get it to work I first had to go to the local MB dealer, and they verified I owned the car, and got most of it working. Then, I had to call MB HQ directly, and they were able to get the rest of everything setup. Luckily, the guy I talked to ended up knowing some people that I know, since the HQ is in the Atlanta metro area!

Rob in Atlanta.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by RobinAtlanta
Have your tried using the button in the car to contact the Mercedes Me service? That would tell you if the car can connect to any cell service in your area. It's the button next to the SOS button on the headliner above the rear view mirror.

I know I have never tried it, since I purchased the car over a year ago. But, I'm getting the updates from the car to the app. And, can remote start, etc.

I purchased the car from an Audi dealer, and to get it to work I first had to go to the local MB dealer, and they verified I owned the car, and got most of it working. Then, I had to call MB HQ directly, and they were able to get the rest of everything setup. Luckily, the guy I talked to ended up knowing some people that I know, since the HQ is in the Atlanta metro area!

Rob in Atlanta.
I've not tried that, but the SOS icon on the screen is green, indicating it has a connection. I told the agent on the phone yesterday that I had a green icon but had not used the call system; she did not say to do that, But it cannot do any harm, so I will try it later today. Thanks.