E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Dead battey issues…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 01:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Dead battey issues…

Got back from a week vacation to a dead battery. Charged it up gave it a go and failed. Charged it some more and it turned on with a bunch of errors. Right mirror wouldn’t retract, right blinker blinked faster than left even though all bulbs were lighting up and whatever else. So I disconnected the battery and reconnected it hoping to reset the computer. That seemed to fixed everything except now my driver seat will not respond to the memory buttons on the door. It will move the mirrors but not the seat or the steering wheel. I can however switch to the right side and if I press the memory buttons the passenger seat does indeed move to the programmed position. Would hate to have to go to the dealer for this…car is CPO until 2025….anyone know of a fix?
Old 04-16-2022, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,438 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Driver seat memory got lost after a battery reboot after a week away....

The quickest way would be to retrain the memory using the save button. Then test if you can recall your saved memory position afterwards.

The long way would be to diagnose what module is acting up: seat memory module, seat control module or anything else on the crowded CAN-B. Use a scanner to work these faults.

Low battery voltage directly promote com faults. Get that under control with a full charge or a new battery. Buy a jumper-pack because you can expect a flat battery after your next week off vacation (disconnect GND strap will help then).

I don't think the battery drain (sleepless F-SAM) and seat memory are directly related.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Driver seat memory got lost after a battery reboot after a week away....

The quickest way would be to retrain the memory using the save button. Then test if you can recall your saved memory position afterwards.

The long way would be to diagnose what module is acting up: seat memory module, seat control module or anything else on the crowded CAN-B. Use a scanner to work these faults.

Low battery voltage directly promote com faults. Get that under control with a full charge or a new battery. Buy a jumper-pack because you can expect a flat battery after your next week off vacation (disconnect GND strap will help then).

I don't think the battery drain (sleepless F-SAM) and seat memory are directly related.
Even if I try to save it, it beeps like it’s supposed to but won’t move the seat if I reposition it and press the number. The memory didn’t get erased because the mirrors still move to the correct positions (the wheel now does too after I moved the seat all the way forward and back to reset the convenience feature)

From what I gather on the internet thus far I have to take it in to have the seats normalized or something….what a pain in the *** over a dead battery….
Old 04-16-2022, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,438 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
driver seat module...

Originally Posted by TresX
Even if I try to save it, it beeps like it’s supposed to but won’t move the seat if I reposition it and press the number. The memory didn’t get erased because the mirrors still move to the correct positions (the wheel now does too after I moved the seat all the way forward and back to reset the convenience feature)

From what I gather on the internet thus far I have to take it in to have the seats normalized or something….what a pain in the *** over a dead battery….
​​​​​​
Memory recall works except for the driver seat position...

Your seat module may need attention. This module is known to act up and discharge batteries. It builds crusties from ambient condensation and has to deliver high currents to seat motors from tiny conductors.
Use a OBD scanner to see what's happening...

There is a nearly identical twin named "passenger seat module" it has 95% similar components in a similar environment.
🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 04-16-2022 at 11:22 PM.