2019 W213 - Wireless Charging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 02:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Car
2019 W213 - Wireless Charging

Hi,

My wireless charging is not working with my iPhone 13 Pro MAX (it does not come on at all). I have tested without the case and removed the cup holders to try and make it closer but it does not sit flush due to size (length).

Wireless charger is working with iPhone X (regular size) + Samsung S20 without issue. However these both sit flat on the charging mat. The iPhone 13 Pro Max does not sit flush and is raised slightly.

I am trying to determine if this is a physical issue related to the dimensions of the phone and inability to sit flat.

I did read another thread where a software update was applied but this was a completely different model/year. So I am not sure if this will help.

Can anyone confirm if they have similar issues with same phone model/car?

Last edited by th1ef; 06-14-2022 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:43 PM

Car
Originally Posted by th1ef
Hi,

My wireless charging is not working with my iPhone 13 Pro MAX (it does not come on at all). I have tested without the case and removed the cup holders to try and make it closer but it does not sit flush due to size (length).

Wireless charger is working with iPhone X (regular size) + Samsung S20 without issue. However these both sit flat on the charging mat. The iPhone 13 Pro Max does not sit flush and is raised slightly.

I am trying to determine if this is a physical issue related to the dimensions of the phone and inability to sit flat.

I did read another thread where a software update was applied but this was a completely different model/year. So I am not sure if this will help.

Can anyone confirm if they have similar issues with same phone model/car?
After messing around with it if I push the phone down 1/2mm it does start to charge but it doesn’t seem to be making a good connection as it’s not increasing in percentage.

Does anyone else experience this?

it seems the iPhone 13 pro max is just to big to fit lengthwise and charge as it’s not resting completely on the mat….

So it’s either the charger is not powerful enough or the car was not designed for a 11/12 pro max and it doesn’t fit as it should.

would be good to get confirmation from anyone else…

Old 06-14-2022, 08:56 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 E450 Wagon
Yup, I noticed this as well. I carry 2 phones, and my iPhone 13 works fine, but my bigger iPhone (I think it’s a 12 Pro Max) doesn’t seem to charge due to fit.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:57 PM

Car
Originally Posted by madtrader
Yup, I noticed this as well. I carry 2 phones, and my iPhone 13 works fine, but my bigger iPhone (I think it’s a 12 Pro Max) doesn’t seem to charge due to fit.
I am going to try and cut out the back so the phone can go back 1 cm and sit flush on the mat I think
Old 06-14-2022, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 211 Posts
2019 E300
Seems like quite a bit of MB drivers are having issues with the wireless charger and iphone 12+ pro.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ing-issue.html
Old 06-14-2022, 08:59 PM

Car
Originally Posted by The G Man
Seems like quite a bit of MB drivers are having issues with the wireless charger and iphone 12+ pro.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ing-issue.html
I saw this already but it seems that this was a software issue where the charger would go on/off shortly after. Mine is staying on if I put it just in the right spot and take off my case but it seems to barely make a connection.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 997 Likes on 584 Posts
N/A
You need to go to the dealer to have them apply an update for the charger:

Old 06-15-2022, 12:53 AM

Car
Hmm let’s see what they say should I quote this article?
Old 06-15-2022, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
You should just say wireless charging isn't working with your iPhone, and MB has a TIPS document with that number that will address it.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:09 AM

Car
Originally Posted by Eaton
You should just say wireless charging isn't working with your iPhone, and MB has a TIPS document with that number that will address it.
thankyou!

will post back with results once I know.

Do you know if any TSB has been posted for activation of Siri? When i press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel, with car play connected, 50% of the time the siri icon pops up but it isn’t listening and I have to wait for it to cancel out and try again and then it works.

it’s happened since I got the car through multiple phones and IOS. first time they “tested” the USB and said no fault found, second time I had them do an update for the radio still without any luck.

It’s not related to the USB port or cable as it happens whether I am connected via cable directly to the car or using my wireless car play adapter and there is never any disconnect of CarPlay, just the Siri icon becomes frozen on the screen.

It seems to me some sort of issue the way Siri
is being summoned by the steering wheel controls.

This only happens in this car and not my ford.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
thankyou!

will post back with results once I know.

Do you know if any TSB has been posted for activation of Siri? When i press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel, with car play connected, 50% of the time the siri icon pops up but it isn’t listening and I have to wait for it to cancel out and try again and then it works.

it’s happened since I got the car through multiple phones and IOS. first time they “tested” the USB and said no fault found, second time I had them do an update for the radio still without any luck.

It’s not related to the USB port or cable as it happens whether I am connected via cable directly to the car or using my wireless car play adapter and there is never any disconnect of CarPlay, just the Siri icon becomes frozen on the screen.

It seems to me some sort of issue the way Siri
is being summoned by the steering wheel controls.

This only happens in this car and not my ford.
I haven't seen anything about that, unfortunately.
It seems headunit related, so maybe ask again if there's any new updates for it.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
See attachment.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LI82.70-P-073025_Ver_3.pdf (38.9 KB, 82 views)
Old 06-15-2022, 11:43 AM

Car
Originally Posted by konigstiger
See attachment.
thanks, I got that and have booked the service appointment.

the other issue I am having is car play Siri, I had my command updated to 05.80 updated in 2021 by dealer I see there is a 06.80

however it’s so random that Siri doesn’t summon. I have only found 2 other people with the same issue and no response from anyone….

this is 1: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250307962

and this is 2:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/117236

and 3

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253208570

it works most of the time but fails enough that it fails at least 1-3 times every trip depending how much I summon siri

Last edited by th1ef; 06-15-2022 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:26 PM

Car
Originally Posted by konigstiger
See attachment.
Fix was supposedly applied today but still not working, very poor connection and I have to take the phone out of the case for it to even register as charging…

I guess I am SOL here. Maybe the phone is just to big, I don’t know why they make these places so small when they could have make it bigger by 1/4”

I also had the command updated to 06.80 which I can confirm was done, will test and wait to see if this fixes the Siri issue.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:51 AM

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
2018 E400 Wagon, P3, Cavansite Blue Metallic, Designo Interior
A tip that may help: I have occasionally had the issue when pressing the button for Siri on the steering wheel that Siri pops up without listening. For me, it seems that the issue occurs if I push that button down for too short a period. It appears that it happens less frequently for me when I hold the button down longer, like ˝ second longer. I try to remember to press a bit longer and when I do so, Siri "seems" to function better.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:15 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Infiniti M35x
I have this problem with my Samsung S 22 Ultra, but I think it's purely a size issue. My Note 8 didn't sit flush with the pad but still charged though. Ah well, I assume I am out of luck.